The justice system - On the forum.....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 am

s@int wrote:
peewee wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Peewee is back   :blues:

I was going to be moody and not post until all my cards were removed but felt that yesterday went a long way in restoring my faith in the forum, the fact the problems continued even when I was banned speaks volumes really,
anyway good to be back.     :buttrock

Just move on now mate and forget it

I intend to mate
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:44 am

s@int wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Is Lando still banned then?

Its all part of the Mods new rotation policy Lando's being rested while peewee gets a run out  :D

:laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:51 am

Ciggy wrote:Is Lando still banned then?

Hopefully Lando will be back aswell lynds.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:10 pm

peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:
peewee wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Peewee is back   :blues:

I was going to be moody and not post until all my cards were removed but felt that yesterday went a long way in restoring my faith in the forum, the fact the problems continued even when I was banned speaks volumes really,
anyway good to be back.     :buttrock

Just move on now mate and forget it

I intend to mate

Onya mate....

And glad to see ya back....

Cheque?
ConnO'var

Postby Judge » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Dundalk wrote:Peewee is back   :buttrock :hearts

now youll get that whipping mate you always wanted.

welcome back peewee
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:24 pm

peewee wrote:I just noticed I am also a moderator. :D

Quick let me ban bob before supersub notices.   :laugh:

oh yeah you are!

not bad. get banned then reinstated as a mod  :D

in that case, fuck off everyone

there i will wait for my one month ban, then come back as a mod, so i'll have access to all accounts ---- wuhahahaha  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:34 pm

peewee wrote:Before there Is any change in the punishment system there needs to be consistency accross the board for every poster to be treated the same.

I agree this bit of Peewee. Consistency is needed.

It's not possible to have a poster under thin ice for 2 months without a single card, where as you ban other poster in an afternoon of rage.

Lando deserved a couple of cards yesterday, and just one of those   dozens of traditional "you're under thin ice mate" other posters did receive.

Consistency and unified criteria, and this will be a better system, and not a system about who reports more posts or sends more convincing PMs.

Once you have that unified criteria, the whole idea of bigmick is very good, and has a certain "sport spirit" that I like.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:38 pm

Sabre wrote:Consistency is needed.

It's not possible to have a poster under thin ice for 2 months without a single card, where as you ban other poster in an afternoon of rage.

Lando deserved a couple of cards yesterday, and just one of those   dozens of traditional "you're under thin ice mate" other posters did receive.

Consistency and unified criteria, and this will be a better system, and not a system about who reports more posts or sends more convincing PMs.

Once you have that unified criteria, the whole idea of bigmick is very good, and has a certain "sport spirit" that I like.

can someone ban this spanish nut  :angry:

just joking  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:33 pm

bigmick wrote:Over the last couple of weeks a couple of long standing posters have been banned. Firstly, and I say this despite never having had a problem with either of 'em, I think they just about deserved it in both cases. Furthermore, I think the mods handled each situation pretty well, I know how difficult it is and I don't think they could have done it any better.

That said, the card syastem and a total ban is too harsh in my opinion. It should be like it is in football, a suspension. If you get five bookings you are not sine die, never able to kick a ball again. You get a suspension. For a straight red for violent conduct it's three games.

I think the forum would be better, easier to moderate (because at the moment the mods are understandably reluctant to dish out cards as it will lead to an eventual total ban) and I think it would be fairer to all if people were suspended for arguing and swearing rather than totally banned. Racism and the like shouldn't be tolerated, but swearing and namecalling is nowhere near as bad IMHO and should be treated accordingly.

In my system, Stu would have got three months for his carry ons, Peewee and Lando one month each. At least that way the punishment better fits the crime, and the forum doesn't lose posters who while being volatile and reactionary, do make the place much more interesting.

You could also introduce hard and fast rules, no attacking the moderators or an instant card, no racism or an instant ban etc etc. I know everyone won't agree, but I definately think it's a better way of doing things.

Getting back to the original post, I do think like you say that the mods seem reluctant to hand out cards at times. I preferred it more when they were a bit heavier handed and pro-active, but I think I was in a small minority at the time. I like the banter and the p!ss takes etc but the abuse (and I don't mean the odd "your a c*nt" etc) but persistant abuse shouldn't need to be reported and the Mod's should step in.

Their excuse is it might be friendly banter, FFS I think most people can tell whether its friendly banter or not!

I sometimes go on a music forum and they have a zero tollerance to swearing and flaming, if you bypass the swearing censor by typing f.uck for example you get a warning. While I certainly wouldn't want things to get so bad, a little more pro-active moderating at least in the short term, might be in order (certainly until we start winning a few games)
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Big Mick has made some fair points and it's something we Mods have been discussing already.  It's worth pointing out, though, that we can institute temporary bans within the existing system and we have done (as Peewee's return demonstrates).  So, just because someone gets a red card does not necessarily mean they are off for good.  In fact, they'll be allowed back after a certain period of time in many cases.

On the issue of how tight a ship to run, I think we try and strike a balance.  Unfortunately, the more hard-line we get, the more complaints we get.  Take the issue of merging threads and deleting posts.  Obviously, it makes our job much easier if there is only one main thread on a hot topic which is home to all relevant discussion.  When flame wars are raging across multiple threads it is harder to keep a lid on things.  So, our strategy is to periodically merge like threads, lock superfluous threads, tidy up threads etc.  As soon as we do, though, you can be assured that someone will grumble about our klinkishness.  Enough of that kind of stuff and you start wonder whether intervening is really worth the bother...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:59 pm

answer is you need to ban more people, not less
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:34 pm

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:Over the last couple of weeks a couple of long standing posters have been banned. Firstly, and I say this despite never having had a problem with either of 'em, I think they just about deserved it in both cases. Furthermore, I think the mods handled each situation pretty well, I know how difficult it is and I don't think they could have done it any better.

That said, the card syastem and a total ban is too harsh in my opinion. It should be like it is in football, a suspension. If you get five bookings you are not sine die, never able to kick a ball again. You get a suspension. For a straight red for violent conduct it's three games.

I think the forum would be better, easier to moderate (because at the moment the mods are understandably reluctant to dish out cards as it will lead to an eventual total ban) and I think it would be fairer to all if people were suspended for arguing and swearing rather than totally banned. Racism and the like shouldn't be tolerated, but swearing and namecalling is nowhere near as bad IMHO and should be treated accordingly.

In my system, Stu would have got three months for his carry ons, Peewee and Lando one month each. At least that way the punishment better fits the crime, and the forum doesn't lose posters who while being volatile and reactionary, do make the place much more interesting.

You could also introduce hard and fast rules, no attacking the moderators or an instant card, no racism or an instant ban etc etc. I know everyone won't agree, but I definately think it's a better way of doing things.

Getting back to the original post

boring
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:58 pm

I say lets change things, and put judge as our new "whose to be banned" and "whose not to be banned"

The name judge explains it all really. :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:14 am

It would appear that the system you suggest has already been implemented, as has been demonstrated recently. It's fair enough, but persistent and systematic abuse should not be tolerated.

I agree in part with the last bit of your post, racism shouldn't be tolerated or an instant ban should result, although I do recall someone using the term 'Moose f*cker' without sanction.

I don't like the 'no attacking the mod's rule' or an instant card, unless that 'attacking' is persistent and OTT. There has to be a bit of leeway because they're not ref's, just blokes selected to do a job for the forum.

In conclusion, it's only the internet, nobody died.  :D
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:22 am

LFC2007 wrote:I agree in part with the last bit of your post, racism shouldn't be tolerated or an instant ban should result, although I do recall a certain someone using the term 'Moose f*cker' without sanction.

racist how? only racist if the person sees it as racist, obviously bob didnt see it this way or he would have carded me considering he carded me for much less. i work with two canadians and its how they refer to themselves so its just possible its a canadian thing.

but in all fairness its nowhere near as bad as calling a whole race of people ladyboys now is it or some of the comments about yanks recently etc.

anyway nice try but you are not going to wind me up and making comments and little digs like this will get you nowhere. keep dragging me into the convo like a few others have since i come back and i am sure it will not go un noticed.

nice try sunshine and nice to know you missed me     :love:
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum