..and justice for all

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 19, 2006 4:20 pm

my mate found this guy and somehow had him reconstruct my mate's shop. basically she paid this guy some money in advance, and this cunt never finished the work and never came back since then.

she took me to his house to take her money back. but we only found an empty house. the neighbor said he had moved the day before.

we decided to report the case to a local police office. this fella in uniform said that they can't do nothing about it since they couldn't categorized the case into 'crime'. WTF!

i said, how come i gave you money to buy me a car and you agreed but then you ran away with the money and you said that's not a crime?!

the officer insisted it's your own fault to trust him, so it's not a crime. it's only of "somebody refused to finish the project (shop reconstruction)" and he suggested us to submit a report to the court instead.

i got a bit unpatient and said: you "run away" with money doesn't mean you "steal" money?! he insisted no, it can't be categorized as 'crime'.

i said "sir, what if i found him and i gave him a kick on his teeth, can it be taken that i commit a crime?!"

i can't believe this. this happened today, i'm in HK, where most of the law and legal models are inherited from england. How the police can not take action only because of "running away with somebody else's money" is different to "stealing money".

:angry:
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Fri May 19, 2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:38 pm

i think you will find it a contractual matter and therefore a civil matter as opposed to a criminal matter, however there could also be a crime committed of deception. maybe also theft but that depends on the other persons intention, also he has to dishonestly appropriate the money, whiche he didnt, he took the money for work which he started and never finished.

bear in mind im making this judgement without all the facts but i do think its a civil matter
112-1077774096

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri May 19, 2006 5:24 pm

cheers for the advise, mate
only feel gutted but actually begin to get tthe main point
we're thinking about sustaining the case to the court tomorrow but a bit worried if they ask us about his address which we have no idea about
going to sleep for now since it's 00.30 am here
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat May 20, 2006 3:28 pm

but, seriously; if i find him and i give him a kick in his teeth, can it be taken that i commit a crime? :kungfu:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 20, 2006 3:46 pm

yeah, its abh, or gbh, its physcal harm. unless u have a written out contract then all monies given are in good faith and therefore not punishable by criminal law. civil court isthe only way u could go and thats expensive and not a sure thing
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 20, 2006 4:04 pm

Jeezuz Anni , your in Hong Kong , why bother going to the police , surely the triads controlling the area the shop was in would be more helpful ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat May 20, 2006 4:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Jeezuz Anni , your in Hong Kong , why bother going to the police , surely the triads controlling the area the shop was in would be more helpful ?

i probably need to look for some of these remaining prehistoric mafia. lotsa them i heard have already changed their job since about ten years ago onto car parking, and other streets jobs. since their old jobs were felt not promising anymore. anyway, yes, woof, that really sounds like a good idea.
:cool:

dawson ! wrote:yeah, its abh, or gbh, its physcal harm. unless u have a written out contract then all monies given are in good faith and therefore not punishable by criminal law. civil court isthe only way u could go and thats expensive and not a sure thing

too true dawson, they said so either
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat May 20, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun May 21, 2006 4:24 am

anfieldadorer wrote:but, seriously; if i find him and i give him a kick in his teeth, can it be taken that i commit a crime? :kungfu:

Only if you run off with his teeth afterwards and not actually steal them? :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun May 21, 2006 6:43 am

AussieKopite wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:but, seriously; if i find him and i give him a kick in his teeth, can it be taken that i commit a crime? :kungfu:

spot on
i only run off with his teeth by taking them off from his gum, not a violence nor teeth robbery   :D
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun May 21, 2006 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun May 21, 2006 8:26 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:

spot on
i only run off with his teeth by taking them off from his gum, not a violence nor teeth robbery   :D

nice...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum