The benefit system - In britain.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:21 am

The benefit system should be changed. The government are constantly going out of their way introducing new ideas on how to get people into work. Heres an idea that I think would work better. A system that would get people of their backside and into work.

Swap the the benefits of being unemployed over to benefitting from being in work.

If you work and live in a council house, then you get help with your rent and council tax. Anyone who is unemployed and own a council house currently have a cushy life. Now, many people will say yes but the money you do pay in rent is dead money are forgetting that if there are any problems with the house regarding plumbing, heating or any general problems, the council send someone around to sort it. Currently for working people, these services cost a small fortune.

Health. The ideas being sprang around are fat people shouldnt be seen to by the NHS, nor should smokers. Heres my take on that. If you are fat or smoke, but work and pay your taxes, why the bloody hell should you be denied what you are paying for? If those laws were passed then surely those who pay their own way have a right to lower there own tax expense.
The focus should be on those who abuse the system. And many are unemployed as they get prescriptions for free. So many people get free prescriptions and then sell them to others or swap them for beer or tobacco. This is happening all over the country.

Kids. Living on an estate you notice more with the kids on who is doing well and who isnt. The kids who carry a cheap pack up to school and having to do with a sandwich and a pack of crisp sat next to the kids who have a nice cooked meal in front of them looking bloated while the kid with the pack up is still hungry.
The kid with the pack up is suffering as his/her parents are working. All privelages lost. I think this is very unfair. All kids should be entitled to proper meals at schools, but of course thats not how it works. If you have working parents you pay for the meals, if your parents are bums, then you should be rewarded.
In this case everyone should pay for meals or none at all. Even kids are realising that the working folks are being stiffed.

Ive noticed more and more that being out of work has more rewards than being in work. We have just had a new addition and we got £500 from the dole before he was born to provide for whatever he needs, and an extra £190 to spend on healthy food for the mother and baby to ensure good health. Also my kids got £60 to spend on summer activities while those who are working have got nothing.

Its not all great being out of work as the main problem is boredom but when it comes to encouragement to get into work, there is very little. Ive had assessments at the jobcenter to see what kind of money I would get to spend if I had full and part time jobs at minimum wage. Full time I would have about £30 odd to spend, part time about £40 but partial benefits. If I stay unemployed, I have over £100. And yet we are being encouraged to find work !

So many people are unemployed as they only have themself to look after, so many are unemployed as there are simply no jobs they could apply for,but so many are unemployed as there are too many benefits for being so, it just doesnt make sense to find work. And thats why I think they should reverse the role. The current system works as, if you are employed, your on your own. If you are unemployed, sit back and relax.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:30 am

Gun turrets aimed at the Benefits queue would do the trick.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:33 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Gun turrets aimed at the Benefits queue would do the trick.

:laugh:

Like I said though, it isnt wholly those unemployed, its the way things are that are the problem. There simply isnt an incentive for those out of work to find it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:41 am

no disrespect to anyone, but the country is stretched with over-immigration. This puts a strain on all support systems in this country.

I wonder how many immigrants in the UK DONT work. Therefore , dont pay taxes etc and yet get all the benefits. It is my understanding that as soon as they get in this country they are entitled to full support.

I wouldnt get that in their country, so why does stupid Britain do it for them?? :angry:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:52 am

Immigrants work. They work a lot harder than our own shellsuit wearing, triple pram carrying, hoodie buying fat slobbish waste of space pikey inbreds.
The reason so many immigrants come here is not just the welfare system, but the fact they will work for less money, or at least get off there a$$es. Of course we hear about the families getting the free housing and all that, but that happens everywhere.
I blame the stella drinkingasbo holding w@nkers who are ruining are country
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:17 am

When I moved back to England years ago, I got offered a 1 bedroom bedsit with my son, in a house that already had atleast 17 tennants.

I had paid my taxes to the UK up until my son was born, I was entitled to nothing, no money what so ever turning up at that stinking of p!ss social was like being at the league of nations. No one helped I didnt have a clue.

My son got sick with a temprature and a rash I took him to the doctors, Dr Sharma asked was he born in England I said no, he said I am going to take you to court for giving birth in the UK when the child is a forigner you used the NHS he rang the hospitals they had no record of my son being born, he got his feckin eye wiped, he then demanded that I pay 180 pound to examine my son I was in tears. I thought my child had meningitus I just left and got a taxi staright to the childrens hospital. Where he was kept in for observation over night.
When I told them there they said that dr should have seen to my son.

Now when asylum seekers come in are they given the same treatment? I doubt it.

But its not just asylum seekers that are the problem, the Jeremy Kyle, Karen Mathews generation are just as bad.
Lambrini drinkin, Berkley super king smokin, kids to 8 fella's, mingin nicotine fingers, Elizabeth Duke Argos jewelry wearing scruffy horrible gobsh!tes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 am

If I had my way people would have to work for their benefits. Give 'em all a brush and they can start sweeping the streets for a couple of hours a day. Simple

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:08 am

Ciggy wrote:But its not just asylum seekers that are the problem, the Jeremy Kyle, Karen Mathews generation are just as bad.
Lambrini drinkin, Berkley super king smokin, kids to 8 fella's, mingin nicotine fingers, Elizabeth Duke Argos jewelry wearing scruffy horrible gobsh!tes.

:laugh:  :laugh: feckin crying here

An my husband is a foriegner an he always says anyone who wants to come to stay in this country should be made to pay tax an national insurance for 5-10 years before they can claim any benefit or housing.

Its disgusting though cigg i know what you mean, my lad was off sick from work about 18 months ago, an i told him to go an claim  sickness benefit He wouldnt go at first then when he finaly did go , he came back home an said dont ever tell me to go there again, the meffs that were sittin on the wall outside waiting for there over the counter payments, young mums with kids in stinking dirty nappies , but can manage to buy a tin of tennants an ciggys, Albanians asking for money with babies attatched to them, :censored: horrible, Then he got a letter saying he might not be entitled to sick benefit an it was gonna go to a tribunal, i wanted to tell them to stick there money,
An another thing that really wound me up was this EMA allowence what there giving to kids who stayed on at school. there giving 35 pound a week to kids to stay on at school , ok no problem , but not everyone gets it , your parents have to earn a certain amount of money an if they pass over that , your kid dosnt get it, So the kids whos parents are on a lower income get there allowence , an the kids whos parents are not dont, Im sorry but it should be the same for every kid , its not the childs fault that there parents make a good wage , so the kid shouldnt be punished for it, If they want to give this money to kids who stay on at school it shouldnt be down to what there parents make,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 am

dawson99 wrote:Immigrants work. They work a lot harder than our own shellsuit wearing, triple pram carrying, hoodie buying fat slobbish waste of space pikey inbreds.
The reason so many immigrants come here is not just the welfare system, but the fact they will work for less money, or at least get off there a$$es. Of course we hear about the families getting the free housing and all that, but that happens everywhere.
I blame the stella drinkingasbo holding w@nkers who are ruining are country

amen brother
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:31 pm

There was a good programme on ch4 about this before - just looking at the figures, no "society stuff".

Immigrants from some countries were a net benefit (surprising Nigeria was a benefit - many hospital staff), Somalia was a net drain.

In a nutshell, the government should stop allowing the people from the "drain" countries who are statistically more likely to be a cost.

The programme was done a few years ago when the British economy was in good shape so I'm sure many more are "drains" today due to losing their jobs through no fault of their own.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

I despise the people that never bothered working in the boom, just stayed home and draw the dole. In Ireland the get €204 a week (about £175) plus either a council house or rent subsidies which usually pay about 90% - loads of other benefits too.

I knew a guy that just chose to be unemployed and adjusts his life as such.

They should defo have to do some community work for their money.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:13 pm

I think some people care too much about what other people are doing, rather than themselves.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:58 pm

The system sure does create some unintended consequences, but that shouldn't obscure the fact that in most cases it's not that people don't want to work. In many instances there is simply a lack of opportunity - be it employment, training or education, in others there is a lack of reward or fair working conditions. In most cases where work is available there are often deep-rooted social problems that often lead to crime, apathy and other such social ills. The necessary social provision is lacking in many of these respects and in the very worst of circumstances benefits are an essential lifeline. It's a complex and varied issue that shouldn't be reduced according to what you glean from the rags, or your mates down the pub, and while the balance ought to be corrected for some of the instances Kharhaz describes, some of the more draconian sentiment expressed really does ignore the scope of the problem.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:40 pm

LFC2007 wrote:The system sure does create some unintended consequences, but that shouldn't obscure the fact that in most cases it's not that people don't want to work. In many instances there is simply a lack of opportunity - be it employment, training or education, in others there is a lack of reward or fair working conditions. In most cases where work is available there are often deep-rooted social problems that often lead to crime, apathy and other such social ills. The necessary social provision is lacking in many of these respects and in the very worst of circumstances benefits are an essential lifeline. It's a complex and varied issue that shouldn't be reduced according to what you glean from the rags, or your mates down the pub, and while the balance ought to be corrected for some of the instances Kharhaz describes, some of the more draconian sentiment expressed really does ignore the scope of the problem.

Very well said, sir.

It's too easy for some to look down on others in society without even giving them a second thought about their personal circumstances. People assume too much.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I think some people care too much about what other people are doing, rather than themselves.

who do you think pays for it?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum