Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:16 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Simple :laugh:

Yes,

Plane ticket to the Ibiza should do the trick  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:40 pm

I havn't read much of this thread but I am sure I will be agreeing with Dawson. I'm sure he has it spot on, the stupid fat lazy inbreds with 6 kids (25 blokes could be anyone of their fathers) should be neutralised. People who cannot look after themselves should not be allowed children. People who cannot afford to pay for their electric should not be allowed to buy alcohol etc etc. People who do not have a job should not be allowed out past 20:00 :D

Even though I am poking fun here I really do agree with you fella.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:45 am

s@int wrote:As for the few that don't want to work, what should you do, make the children suffer because their parents are lazy b@stards?

But the kids are suffering, especially if the parents are working. The kids of working families are missing out. Like I said I am unemployed, but my brother is working. His kids are not entitled to free meals, pack up is cheaper. While my kids enjoy hot meals, my brothers kids have to make do with a sandwich. With us being unemployed, my kids are entitled to £60 to spend on summer activities, my brothers kids are not as he is working. Again, this is my point, there is no incentive to find work. Remain on the dole and get everything handed to you on a silver platter, work for a living and by god, you will pay for everything.
As much as I love my kids, I love my nephews and niece as much and even I know its unfair how they are being treated. Because my brother is working, his kids are losing out.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:01 am

Jesus. This country is more of a mess than I thought if that is how it for you and your brother.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:14 am

That's really an argument for increasing general wages Karhaz. I assume your brother isn't an investment banker or something as he wouldn't find things so hard. The likes of those earners aren't touched by even the remotest sense of poverty anyway. But in Britain and Ireland we are in serious danger of going down the route of creating an "American" working poor situation.

I think social welfare payments should be good enough to allow those people unfortunate enough to find themselves on the dole to be able to live a decent enough life. But wages to low earners should be incentivised enough to show that working to get that wage is the sensible option. In addition, people who work minimum wage jobs usually work in the crapest of conditions too and they work bloody hard by and large. Certainly, far harder than any job I've ever worked in. But they seem continually treated as expenable numbers.

In Ireland there dole is 204 Euro a week. That seems generous at first sight, but the fact is that the cost of living over here was at ridiculous levels for a long, long time and even though the cost of some items may have come down, it's still a very expensive place to live. Yet people are still arguing for cutting the dole. Some are even arguing of lowering the minimum wage, for god's sake!

They argue that cutting these areas will lessen the burden on our borrowing needs and may have some truth to it, but surely there are other ways to manage that. They also argue that it will help employers create jobs. But I think that's crap.

The one thing that it WILL actually do is simply make life harder alreay in a difficult situation.
tonyeh

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum