Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 am

redno7 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:27 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed May 15, 2013 9:14 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:49 pm wrote:what job would be best for him...man city or Everton?

Liverpool

we already have a manager.

And ?

Does that mean we will never have another manager because we have one already ?

I would replace BR with Rafa straight given the opportunity because I would prefer a proven manager of high quality in charge of my club.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 9:07 am wrote:Yes I believe that we should never turn down the opportunity to play in Europe and standby that thinking.

If you think that's the same as what Rafa did then knock yourself out. I think the difference is quite clear.

How, explain your double standards?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:25 am

Because Rafa still made sure the team was competitive in all competitions from the start until choices needed to be made to focus on the competition that we could "win" ( note the emphasis on "win" ) - so Rafa not once never tried to compete on all fronts and would never turn down the chance ( or even talk about ) to compete in a tournament.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 am wrote:Because Rafa still made sure the team was competitive in all competitions from the start until choices needed to be made to focus on the competition that we could "win" ( note the emphasis on "win" ) - so Rafa not once never tried to compete on all fronts and would never turn down the chance ( or even talk about ) to compete in a tournament.

That included Burnley did it?

He actually prioritised the competitions he thought we could challenge for whilst trying to build squads to challenge on all fronts.

No Benny, you've either contradicted yourself with that statement or you are happy to have double standards - both make your opinions less credible.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:30 am

We did actually play Burnley yes ? Rafa didn't state that we won't play to concentrate elsewhere ? Did he state that the club would rather not be in the competition ?

He actually put a team onto the pitch to try and win.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:35 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 am wrote:We did actually play Burnley yes ? Rafa didn't state that we won't play to concentrate elsewhere ? Did he state that the club would rather not be in the competition ?

He actually put a team onto the pitch to try and win.

Rodgers has done that in every game he's managed - what's your point?

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 am

My point was that offered the chance to play in Europe we take it - quite simple.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:56 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am wrote:My point was that offered the chance to play in Europe we take it - quite simple.

And we would. But BR wasn't allowed an opinion on that was he, one enabling him to "prioritize", instead rattles were thrown out prams.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 11:02 am

And the discussion has been done to death on the relevant thread - ie the BR thread

This is about Rafa this thread.

Again he proved last night how wrong it was that we first sacked him and second didnt give him the job in the summer.

Hopefully one day in the future he will get the chance to come back
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:04 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 am wrote:And the discussion has been done to death on the relevant thread - ie the BR thread

Again he proved last night how wrong it was that we first sacked him and second didnt give him the job in the summer.

Maybe one day he will. 

But until then, slagging off or undermining every LFC manager until then will not make it happen quicker.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 am

Ok Bam
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:07 am

Glad we cleared that up.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 am

Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 am wrote:And the discussion has been done to death on the relevant thread - ie the BR thread

Maybe one day he will. 

But until then, slagging off or undermining every LFC manager until then will not make it happen quicker.

spot on.  Well done to Rafa, but FFS, can people stop with the "I hope he comes back one day" whining.  It's like listening to a bitter old woman, harping on about some fella who gave her the best night of her life in Benidorm in 1973
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 am

7_Kewell » Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 am wrote:

Maybe one day he will. 

spot on.  Well done to Rafa, but FFS, can people stop with the "I hope he comes back one day" whining.  It's like listening to a bitter old woman, harping on about some fella who gave her the best night of her life in Benidorm in 1973

:laugh:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 am

Why are people not allowed to hope he comes back ? It would be the same as hoping Xabi comes back etc

This is a forum where views can be shared surely ? And it is the Rafa thread as well.
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion