Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:15 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 am wrote:Why are people not allowed to hope he comes back ? It would be the same as hoping Xabi comes back etc

This is a forum where views can be shared surely ? And it is the Rafa thread as well.

Why can't people disagree with the pine-rs who yearn for Rafa's immediate return, considering we have a new manager in place?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am

I didnt say you couldn't disagree did I ?

I havent told you what or what not to post
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 am wrote:Why are people not allowed to hope he comes back ?

Nothing, but after hearing you say it 1 million times it becomes quite boring.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 16, 2013 11:22 am

Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 10:15 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 am wrote:Why are people not allowed to hope he comes back ? It would be the same as hoping Xabi comes back etc

This is a forum where views can be shared surely ? And it is the Rafa thread as well.

Why can't people disagree with the pine-rs who yearn for Rafa's immediate return, considering we have a new manager in place?

I think admins should rename this the pining thread.  I've found a picture for it too.

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 11:24 am

7_Kewell » Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 am wrote:Why are people not allowed to hope he comes back ?

Then don't read the thread.

It was boring when people like you were asking for him to be sacked every single day when he was the manager so I have no doubt you won't like to see people wanting him back as our manager - because sacking him ( as some "fans" wanted ) turned out well for us didnt it.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 10:24 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am wrote:

Then don't read the thread.

It was boring when people like you were asking for him to be sacked every single day when he was the manager so I have no doubt you won't like to see people wanting him back as our manager - because sacking him ( as some "fans" wanted ) turned out well for us didnt it.

And until then we have to hear you every single day displaying your contempt for BR.  :no

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 11:44 am

Ok Bam
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 am

Glad we cleared that up.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 5:11 pm wrote:Why are people not allowed to hope he comes back ? It would be the same as hoping Xabi comes back etc

I think there is a slight difference between wanting a return of favourite ex player to a squad and return of a manager to position which only been filled for one season so far
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 am

Anyway back to the actual thread "Rafa Appreciation"

Listening to Chavs fans this morning on the radio and the change in attitude from them is remarkable

Some even want him to stay

Imagine if Jose arrived and they won nothing :laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 pm

He took the Chelsea job with the aim of getting top 4 and a trophy if possible. He's done that and in the process becomes only the 2nd coach to win a European trophy with 3 different clubs. He can walk out with his head held up high and will get a job at another top club on the back of this.

I like what BR is doing so now isn't the time for Rafa to step back into LFC but with the swings and round abouts nature of managers in England I would not be surprised if the LFC job becomes vacant in a few years. I just hope that if/when it does Rafa is free as I think he deserves another crack. He turned us into one of the best clubs in Europe before and got us closer to winning the league than any other manager in the last 10 years so maybe with different owners in charge things could turn out different.

I for 1 hope he does come back to manage us some day. For those of you who feel otherwise you can go and do one.  :rasp
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:43 pm

I agree with ya, him coming back one day was never in doubt, it would be great I'm sure. However, the constant comparing him to BR and pointing out BR's downfalls etc is tiring now. Not from you Tubby, but from some others.

as for Rafa, well done last night and massive respect to him for that!
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu May 16, 2013 2:08 pm

He's done exactly as I expected there and to be honest some old frailties are still there.
You cant knock him as winning a european trophy is a great achievement so respect for that.
However the league form has been very hit and miss - especially given the quality they have at Chelsea.
Whoever takes over next season there should be aiming for the league not just top 4.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Thu May 16, 2013 3:13 pm

I think he did better than expected.  They'd only won 2 out of their last 8 games when he took over and were already out of the CL. Their season was starting to go downhill fast.

From 6th the previous season, they'll probably now finish 3rd and qualify for next seasons CL.
Out of the CL when he took over.  Whats the next best thing?  Motivate the players to go and win the EL and set up a chance of a Super Cup.
Did well in the cups too despite falling a little short.
Got a few goals out of Torres. 

He's laid the foundations for the next manager.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu May 16, 2013 3:37 pm

jacdaniel » Thu May 16, 2013 3:13 pm wrote:I think he did better than expected.  They'd only won 2 out of their last 8 games when he took over and were already out of the CL. Their season was starting to go downhill fast.

From 6th the previous season, they'll probably now finish 3rd and qualify for next seasons CL.
Out of the CL when he took over.  Whats the next best thing?  Motivate the players to go and win the EL and set up a chance of a Super Cup.
Did well in the cups too despite falling a little short.
Got a few goals out of Torres. 

He's laid the foundations for the next manager.

And I'm sure with the £100 million from the russian sugar daddy the new manager will reap the benefits....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion