Rafa benitez appreciation thread - Part 2

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 pm

That club is a mess.  They'll probably sack Rafa and the fans will cheer but its them thats suffering! 
They need to hire a manager, stick with him and adopt their own style of play. 
Then they need to sign players that will suit that style of play.

What they currently do and will continue to do is sack managers and constantly splash the cash on top players. 
If he's great at Liverpool... surely he'll do great at Chelsea, right?   

Not true at all as both Torres and Shevcenko have both proved.  Even Ballack to an extent. 
Could have been the best team in the world by now if they had of been run in the right way from 2004.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Nothing but Abramovitch's play thing. Always have been always will be.

I still can't for the life of me understand why Rafa went there. I know that the obvious answer is that it was a way back in to management for him, but the way it's going isn't doing his job prospects much good even if it was a no lose situation he was going in to.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Moanrinho left at the right time. Rafa is just looking at the rubels, if given a chance I shudder to think what Chelsea will become.

Look at all these teams with big money. Only thing that's proven is you can buy the league (Chelsea, City, probably PSG), but can you turn that into history? Can that be turned into long term dominance?

You need an owner with money, vision and faith. Instant success breeds short term thinking.

Liverpool have long been without dominance, but we've got history, we've had recent success and apart from twit and *****, we've had owners with faith.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 am

Chelsea's other problem is the players earn too much so when a new manager comes in, they simply close ranks knowing that they, the players, will out last the manager.

The routine for the last 5 managers has been: new manager arrives, FF, Drogba, Terry say nothing, 3 expensive buys, no one of any substance leaves unless its good for the player, manager extends player contracts to gain player support, players do as they wish in their clique (freeze out Torres etc..), bad results, manager fired. Players wait for new manager.

The Chelsea players are making a fortune and rule the roost, the manager is not in control.  Rafa hasn't got a chance, he's just keeping the seat warm for the next guy then the circle will start again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Reg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:03 am wrote:Chelsea's other problem is the players earn too much so when a new manager comes in, they simply close ranks knowing that they, the players, will out last the manager.

The routine for the last 5 managers has been: new manager arrives, FF, Drogba, Terry say nothing, 3 expensive buys, no one of any substance leaves unless its good for the player, manager extends player contracts to gain player support, players do as they wish in their clique (freeze out Torres etc..), bad results, manager fired. Players wait for new manager.

The Chelsea players are making a fortune and rule the roost, the manager is not in control.  Rafa hasn't got a chance, he's just keeping the seat warm for the next guy then the circle will start again.

Rafa knew all of this before he want there.  In fact, he's no better than the players, because money is the only reason he's gone there.

He'll get the boot in the summer and his reputation will be further tarnished as it'll look like yet another sacking.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 am

he cant get sacked if he only has a contract till the end of the season :no .
he wont be given the job any longer thats for sure, the papers the other day seem certain that maureen is on his way back and if they go out to manure in the Cl then it could be sooner as id say thats the only thing keeping him in a job :nod .
hate the idea of him in the prem because of sky and the media jizzing themselves all over his every word is enough to make you vomit on a weekly basis :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:39 pm

If the Russian doesn't free up his cheque book and give Benitez license to buy players for at least one crack at bringing home
Old Big Ears then he probably needs certifying.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 am

rafa has just given the chelsea fans/board a piece of his mind in his post match press conference after the boro match.
he had a go at the board for announcing that he was an interim manager, basically saying he was a lame duck from the start and he had a go at the fans who have been giving him so much stick.
this comes a day or so after press reports alleging that rafa told the chelsea players that their attitude cost previous chelsea managers their jobs.
got to admire rafa, i think in america they call fella`s like rafa `straight shooters`
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 am

laza » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am wrote:Just shows a billion roubles can buy you a star team and trophies but it  cant buy you any  class from your plastic chav minions

Exactly. All those on here slating the manager and owners at every turn wishing for Abramovich style ownership, be careful what you wish for.

We are Liverpool, we know respect, we are the best fans in the world.

We are on ESPN on Saturday, lets tribute Rafa in style and let the world know
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:57 am

I still say that goatee's evil, everything went down the shitter the minute he sprouted that thing!!  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:52 am

Chelsea is a poisoned chalice, the owner, the players and the fans, no class, no style, no history. Self induced implosion here they come. Why would anyone want to go there in any capacity?

Rafa, take your money and walk away, you're way too good for them.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:49 am

RUSHIE#9 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:57 am wrote:I still say that goatee's evil, everything went down the shitter the minute he sprouted that thing!!  :D

LOL good on yer Rafa for giving Roman a reality check, mind you your next r posting will probably be to Siberia and the Gulag league
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Jeezuz ! we've had some ding dongs about supporting certain managers we've had but the bile being spewed by the Chelsea "fans" against Rafa just confirms every thing we always thought about them i.e. No Class !

Probably won't happen but how I wish that Rafa would  give some payback to these chav's and completely screw their CL chances, maybe fielding their reserves when they come to Anfield would be nice  :D  :D  :D

Agent Rafa Rules   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm

ok so i knew it would not be long befor some of the media linked Rafa with Everton....i see no truth in it when all he has said is

"It is started already, the agents are working," said the Spaniard, 53.

"The priority is still England, but, if you cannot find a club, maybe you have to go abroad."

Man City would be better for him but spome sports reporters on Twitter seem to think he will go to Everton (like to see him try to go there as they have no money to spend)
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon May 13, 2013 3:55 pm

I pray they dont get Rafa...  if he can win us the CL with Baros, Cisse and Traore he could probably achieve a lot with them!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion