Rafa benitez - Updates

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 am

Fantastic gesture to a fantastic man, made up he recieved it , . Asolutly made up for the lad who took it to him, lovely lad and very passionate red,

Dear Mr Benitez,

My name is Ian Graves and I represent a group of Liverpool supporters responsible for some of the larger banners you may have seen in The Kop.  Our most recent banner is known as the ‘Commie Banner’ as it is in the style of the famous flags and emblems from the days of 1960’s communism.  This style of art struck a chord with artist Dave Neve who imagined this style as a perfect way to depict the great leaders in Liverpool Football Club’s history.  The banner was funded and is displayed in the Kop by the great lads at IrishKop.com who wanted this new banner to show the company we believe you deserve to be amongst.  The Irish Kop lads and lasses take the banner home and abroad to proudly display with all of our other banners in the Kop and European grounds.

On behalf of all the Kopites who proudly created and display this banner I would like to thank you for everything you have done for us and we wish you and your family all the very best for the future.

It is with heavy hearts that we say farewell, but those same red hearts will be forever etched with the memories you’ve left us with.

Thanks Rafa.

Presented for and on behalf of

(names of all the contributors)

Rafas garage doors are red an all

:laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 pm

.. great - says it all really !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:59 pm

andy_g wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:What do I mean? How many on here have given hundreds of thousands to charity?

I suppose it doesn't count, though, because he's rich?

You are a complete a*sehole, Andy. I know you're a bit touchy because of some of my previous posts, but your agenda is perfectly clear - you don't need to keep banging the drum. No-o e made you respond to my post, so wind your neck in and f*ck off. There's a good girl.

i'm a bit touchy?? says the one getting all hot under the collar because i've questioned his assumption. :laugh:  this has nothing to do with any previous, lando - i just think that saying that rafael benitez is a better person than any one else on here is ridiculous in the extreme. i don't care who says it.

don't get me wrong, his donations to charity have shown a generous and humane side to his character that was never much in doubt anyway. but lets look at the context. he's given a couple of hundred thousand to charity since his pay off - a fantastic gesture, i'll repeat. but based on his 4 milion annual income and his 6 million payoff it works out at 2% of one year's income. if we discount his payoff and say he's payed two hundred thousand out of just his 4 million annual income then its 5%. its the equivalent of someone on 25,000 a year donating 500 to good causes - a generous gesture, nothing more.

i'm not saying that it doesn't count if you're rich but probably makes it easier. donate 200,000 of million and you still have 3,800,000 left. you don't have to dedicate your whole life to saving and serving others to be on an equal footing with rafa's generosity.

i know you were/are a big fan of the man but don't let that cloud your judgement or make you need to fly off the handle at anyone who questions him. no one makes anyone respond to anyone's posts, but you can't but help respond to something you don't agree with - thats kind of how a forum works, right?

you big tart  :D

State your case for anyone else on here, then.

I challenge you to find me 1 person on this board outside of the parameters I set whom is better than Rafa.

I see you're ignoring the other charitable work/gestures he's done since he joined the club? A certain centre would be without transport but for him. His wife has done a lot, too.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:01 pm

dawson99 wrote:how many use a publicist to let the world know... not as many.

Wrong. Rafa didn't want the World to know - the HJCF came forwards themselves.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
dawson99 wrote:how many use a publicist to let the world know... not as many.

Wrong. Rafa didn't want the World to know - the HJCF came forwards themselves.

well whoever... it was publicised.. ex players give to charity every day.. its good that they all do, but it doesnt make them saints
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Big Niall wrote:It is such a pity that when the owners (rightfully or wrongfully ) decided that Benitez should be fired that he held out for the initial offer of 3m and took 6m out of the club (which he loves - cough, cough).

That money in this cash stretched club would be great but it is in his bank account instead.

Rafa was entitled - by contractual obligation - to £16m. He took a massive loss. I wonder if you'd do the same, you worthless excuse for a "fan"?

No? I didn't think so...

For me he didnt deserve any compensation.

Compensation for what ? ???

He walked into another top job on just as big a salary.

So i am at a loss to explain why he was entitled to anything.
He should be on gardening leave if that's the case until that amount would have been actually paid to him in wages for services to LFC.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:43 pm

When a contract is terminated the party is entitled to compensation no matter what happens the day after the contract is ended - why should rafa be any different
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:53 pm

I must admit although it sticks in the throat a bit given our performance last season and given he walked into a better paid job, I do think the previous manager was entitled to some money.

My bet is that he'll be getting another pay-off from Inter before the end of the season.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Course he will. Italy is the biggest merry go round in Europe. I reckon after Inter Rafa will take an international job.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
andy_g wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:What do I mean? How many on here have given hundreds of thousands to charity?

I suppose it doesn't count, though, because he's rich?

You are a complete a*sehole, Andy. I know you're a bit touchy because of some of my previous posts, but your agenda is perfectly clear - you don't need to keep banging the drum. No-o e made you respond to my post, so wind your neck in and f*ck off. There's a good girl.

i'm a bit touchy?? says the one getting all hot under the collar because i've questioned his assumption. :laugh:  this has nothing to do with any previous, lando - i just think that saying that rafael benitez is a better person than any one else on here is ridiculous in the extreme. i don't care who says it.

don't get me wrong, his donations to charity have shown a generous and humane side to his character that was never much in doubt anyway. but lets look at the context. he's given a couple of hundred thousand to charity since his pay off - a fantastic gesture, i'll repeat. but based on his 4 milion annual income and his 6 million payoff it works out at 2% of one year's income. if we discount his payoff and say he's payed two hundred thousand out of just his 4 million annual income then its 5%. its the equivalent of someone on 25,000 a year donating 500 to good causes - a generous gesture, nothing more.

i'm not saying that it doesn't count if you're rich but probably makes it easier. donate 200,000 of million and you still have 3,800,000 left. you don't have to dedicate your whole life to saving and serving others to be on an equal footing with rafa's generosity.

i know you were/are a big fan of the man but don't let that cloud your judgement or make you need to fly off the handle at anyone who questions him. no one makes anyone respond to anyone's posts, but you can't but help respond to something you don't agree with - thats kind of how a forum works, right?

you big tart  :D

State your case for anyone else on here, then.

I challenge you to find me 1 person on this board outside of the parameters I set whom is better than Rafa.

I see you're ignoring the other charitable work/gestures he's done since he joined the club? A certain centre would be without transport but for him. His wife has done a lot, too.

i'm not ignoring anything. i know he has been very generous to various charitable causes throughout his time in liverpool, and cudos to him for that. let me turn your question back to you though; why is it that rafa giving between 2% and 5% of his considerable income make him a better person than anyone else on this board giving say 1% of their considerably smaller income?

and i don't accept your challenge, mainly for the reason that its fúcking ridiculous. if you want to set your own personal parameters for what makes one person a better person that another then fine, but don't go making out that its the empirical truth, because its not.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Rafa Benitez... Legend - all of you .. unbelievable - you wouldn't know a good man if he hit ya in the face...

And still calling his charitable donation - publicity Paul - shame on you !

and for those who say the spine goes whatever.. [if] they go, it's cos they see no ambition here ANYMORE ! 

Bit like many on here

:angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 pm

for christ's sake, calm down you bunch of hysterical lunatics. yes, he was a good man, a kindly man and a generous man. no one is saying he isn't. the only question is whether giving a chunk of money to various charities warrants sainthood or not.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Big Niall wrote:It is such a pity that when the owners (rightfully or wrongfully ) decided that Benitez should be fired that he held out for the initial offer of 3m and took 6m out of the club (which he loves - cough, cough).

That money in this cash stretched club would be great but it is in his bank account instead.

Rafa was entitled - by contractual obligation - to £16m. He took a massive loss. I wonder if you'd do the same, you worthless excuse for a "fan"?

No? I didn't think so...

For me he didnt deserve any compensation.

Compensation for what ? ???

He walked into another top job on just as big a salary.

So i am at a loss to explain why he was entitled to anything.
He should be on gardening leave if that's the case until that amount would have been actually paid to him in wages for services to LFC.

Tell you what - the next time you sign a contract which says you will receive X amount of money should something happen, let's see how long it takes you to kick up a stink if anyone dares to suggest you take less than 1/2 of that amount. (In real terms he actually accepted £3m, so less than 1/5).

Or do contracts mean nothing in Ben Patrick land?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Maybe time to give this thread a rest until emotions have cooled.

In the meantime lets just listen to

Dennis Hopper, eulogy to Rafa

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion