Iniesta and xavi appreciation thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Festy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:25 am

bavlondon wrote:They have so much quality all over the pitch, even on the bench. I hope they win the world cup and if not them then Argentina......

.........and if not Argentina then Brazil.  :buttrock
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby burjennio » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 pm

I was always a huge fan of Xavi ever since he appeared in the Barca side and thought he was the key man in their league title win in 2005, even more so than Ronaldinho (I used to get some crazy looks for that statement!) but this season Iniesta has been nothing short of sensational, the heart of a midfield traditionally has power, stamina and pace but these two bring technical ability, skill, and vision sacrificing some of those previous traits but make it work, and work better than any side I can remember. I know that they need the likes of Busquets or Toure in there to do the donkey work but they way they move the ball around is incredible and I have to say if I have a 2nd team, its definitely Barcelona (unless we play them In the CL, then Im going nuts when John Arne Riise pings one in with his right foot!)
burjennio

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Iniesta has always been a fantastic player for years now , came through the academy and all , this season he has relly stepped up , he played a brilliant match against barca and rushie you're not the only one who thinks that , he'd be my world player as well ahead of messi , sensational player he is , truely humble has never once boasted , shown his arrogance , always let his footy do the talking .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:12 am

If Iniesta ever comes to premier league, I'm sure he would be able to handle the physicality of this league without any problem. He's got such a quick feet that at the time the tackler completes his challenge he completes at least 2-3 one two's with the fellow passer. :D He's just unbelievably talented. :buttrock
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion