Ireland vs france - Cruch time

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Richj » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:59 pm

The game last night has summed up football for me recently, It's not about teams playing amazing football it's people talking about an outrageous decision that has happened every game. Why are cameras not used? ?????
Richj

Postby footballcrystal7 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
footballcrystal7 wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
footballcrystal7 wrote:Henry blatantly cheated and should be called out for it. Feel sorry for the Irish, but slightly annoyed about the hypocrisy that goes on in football.

Diving is cheating, handballing is cheating, but so is deliberately fouling someone, pulling someones shirt, blocking a player of in the box and the most dishonest thing claiming throw ins when you know its not yours.

All the above is a form of cheating, but people do not complain. I played football till I was chucked out at youth level and played county rugby before that. I can honestly say I have never deliberately cheated in any match I have played. Yet I dont understand why other forms of cheating

deliberate fouls
pulling shirts
claiming throw ins
faking injuries

are accepted.

Thanks for the wonderful insight into football, you moron.

A deliberate handball - TWICE - in the box, missed by both the ref and the linesman, with the rest of the world watching, has chucked us out of a competition worth an absolute fortune to a football association in dire need of it. We were immense last night - if you told an outsider that the surrender monkeys in blue were the ones with world class players, he'd have laughed you out of it.
And as Dundalk says, this comes AFTER that other cheatin' surrender monkey Platini changes the rules to allow those poxbottles be seeded ahead of us...

Your post is muck. Fouls and shirtpulling are all part of the game. What is not part of the game is being cheated out of a fair chance at penalties (most likely), even after a chance against a lesser team than france (possible).

I will let the insult and the rubbish you are sprouting go, because it's an awful time and you are rightly upset.

But how is shirt pulling and deliberate fouling part of football, but diving and handballing not.

You are a complete hypocrite. Just off the top of my head Owen dived twice against Argentina. One got the second goal in 98 and the third knocked them out of the world cup in 2002. Or in the case of Henry you seem to forget the two obvious handballs from Henchoz at the 2001 FA cup. Or perhaps Carragher blatantly pulling Owen down just a few weeks ago to stop him getting a one on one. Or maybe we should look at Gerrards dive in the 2005 CL final. Or when Scotland handballled  in euro 96 against the Dutch.

All these are incidences of cheating.

One of the best moments as a fan of my club came when we needed to win a match to stay in the Championship and were drawing with a minute left. One of our players punched the ball to stop a chance hoofed it up the pitch for us to score a last minute goal. We cheated and it saved our club a bit like when you guys cheated against United a couple of weeks ago and against Arsenal in the Fa cup of Milan in the CL.

Either condemn all forms of cheating or accept that any form of cheating is part of the game. Why should you pick and chose which CHEATING is acceptable to you and which is not.

Shut yer hoop, and go off into a corner and play with yourself, you tart  :D

WTF are you doing on a LFC forum if you spit out anti-LFC vitriol ? No friends ?

Sheesh.....

stmick: you're damn right about the Anelka dive as well....Notice even FIFA have been deafening in their condemnation of both him and Henry this morning ?

I was even on the Le Monde website this morning : an astonishing 86% of respondents felt the Irish were robbed and deserved to go through...

I am a tart, because instead of moaning and whining about a result I except it happens to both teams and move on?

I am not spitting anti Liverpool vitriol, but pointing out how all teams do more than their fair share of cheating. I even pointed out where my team cheated and it may have saved the club from administration. I really do like Liverpool and hope they win the league. It was the first away match I ever went to and had a great time. However, I hate the way some people are so hypocritical.

Again instead of arguing where Iam wrong you resorted to insults. Could it be, because deep down you know its the truth?
footballcrystal7

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:44 pm

For me, it isn't just the handball. The draw was supposed to be open, the fact that FIFA decided to seed it was a way of helping the big countries get through because average teams like Ireland weren't expected to beat the mighty France (world cup runners up).

FIFA were probably wetting themselves when Ireland were on top so I am suspicous that two  men offside, and two handballs before the offside guy scored wasn't seen by anybody.

I don't believe it was just an error as FIFA need France in the tournament.

We were screwed over and further confirmation that football is not a sport anymore but a money business and the little guy will get fukked over if he competes with the big shot.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Big Niall wrote:For me, it isn't just the handball. The draw was supposed to be open, the fact that FIFA decided to seed it was a way of helping the big countries get through because average teams like Ireland weren't expected to beat the mighty France (world cup runners up).

FIFA were probably wetting themselves when Ireland were on top so I am suspicous that two  men offside, and two handballs before the offside guy scored wasn't seen by anybody.

We were screwed over and further confirmation that football is not a sport anymore but a money business and the little guy will get fukked over if he competes with the big shot.

:nod

Well said.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dundalk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Luck of the Irish my ar$e

A deflected goal in the first leg and a cheat goal in the second leg

Yeah some luck that is  :angry:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Big Niall wrote:For me, it isn't just the handball. The draw was supposed to be open, the fact that FIFA decided to seed it was a way of helping the big countries get through because average teams like Ireland weren't expected to beat the mighty France (world cup runners up).

Unfortunately FIFA are a business. The bigger teams bring in bigger viewing figures and bigger advertising revenues.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:16 pm

stmichael wrote:

Unfortunately FIFA are a business. The bigger teams bring in bigger viewing figures and bigger advertising revenues.

Yeah - sport is dead.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:20 pm

totally agree to many big d!cks sitting behinds the sences counting the pennies. total joke!
brentd4

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Just like the bankers, the men in power have screwed over the people for their own gain. Sport is supposed to be fair "best man wins etc" but they just want the most profitable teams in the finals so they can make the most money so they can put their hands in the till.

Crooks.

They have stolen the people's game. :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Maybe its payback for all the years the Irish have given england stick about the hand of god thing. :D (by the way I am 23.6789% Irish but isn't everyone nowa days ?) :devil:

But on a real note its bang out of order just as that case was and I doubt the game get replayed even tho it should in my book.Sums up Fifa in it for the big guys feck every one else. :angry:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:59 pm

stmichael wrote:it's fine everybody slagging off henry. anelka was just as bad with his dive a few minutes earlier imo.

Like Ngog seems the french are masters at it.  :no
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:04 pm

what's even more ridiculous is the fact that henry won't get punished in any way whatsoever yet maradona recently got banned for 2 months for swearing at a journalist. where's the justice there? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 pm

stmichael wrote:what's even more ridiculous is the fact that henry won't get punished in any way whatsoever yet maradona recently got banned for 2 months for swearing at a journalist. where's the justice there? ???

He even admited that he done it and said "yes I did a hand ball" or something along those lines !!!! FFS Ban him and replay the match Its only fair.O wait Fair ! Fifa Fair play I heard of it but I don't thinks I seen it.  :O
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Many players cheat.

However FIFA have tried to stitch up the small countries by changing the rules and then every official goes blind for as second.

Ireland got fukked by FIFA.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm

supersub wrote:
footballcrystal7 wrote:and the most dishonest thing claiming throw ins when you know its not yours.

:laugh:

SHOULD BE A SENDING OFF OFFENCE

:D Yeah that really pisses me off big time too... by far THE worst offence in the beautiful game  :angry:

On a more serious note I feel really sorry for the irish going out that way, as that was as blatant a handle (or two to be precise) as they come :(.
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion