Liverpool vs WBA  - Sat 22nd Oct - KO: 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:35 pm

maguskwt » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:31 pm wrote:Would have preferred 2-0. Thought that we could go on and score 3-0 and 4-0. But in the end we concede a goal again and the final score is 2-1. So I guess a win is the more important thing.

But how do we stop all these goals from leaking? I did'n't think the goal was down to Karius for this one. One of our CB's should've claimed it.

Agree. Weird thing is both Matip and Lovren look so commanding in open play. Definatly leaking too many goals from set pieces at the moment and Klopp recognises it. More work on the training pitch but i'm sure we will put it right as the season goes on
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Nice 3 points could've been a easier ride towards the end. We easily should have scored few more goals. A lot of missed chances.

I thought that Wijnaldum shot at the end was in. Just needs a bit of curl.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Doeboy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:30 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:22 pm wrote:Very good win ;Pity over all those missed chances and the keeper isn't really earning his starter shirt but overall job done in a pretty easy way.

The positive is Karius looks to come out and claim the ball whereas I always feel Mignolet is reluctant to do that. The negative is Karius isnt judging then properly at the moment and ends up in no mans land. Hasnt cost us yet but is a concern because his come out a couple of times no and got nowhere the ball

Sorry mate he cost us the goal...he totally misjudged the first pass which led to the corner..what i see is Simon just without he 1on1 instincts..Not to mention those dumb misplaced kicks..Yes it's only a start but can't say I see he is really strong in any aspect of goal keeping...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:10 pm

The score line flattered West Brom big time and when they scored they were lucky to still be in the game we were playing that well. If we keep on playing like that we wont be far away at the end of the season that's for sure.
Exciting times.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Santa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:21 pm wrote:FT 2-1...3 point in the bag but very sloppy 2nd half, and we missed half a dozen of gilt edge chances. And because of that we are NOT going to the top tonight  :veryangry

Santa mate - GROW A SMILE !!!

That's the first time we have beaten a Pulis team in 8 Premiership games !!!! Only last week they drew against Spurs. Yes we made a couple of mistakes but to suggest we were VERY SLOPPY is just a bit silly  :laugh:  West Brom had one shot on target in the entire game !! We are joint top and looking better than we have for a very long time. Enjoy it mate !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Very wasteful and it could have been worse! but at least we got 3 points. The team need strong FC who can score 2 or 3 goals considering the chances were created, it should have been a solid performance and convincing win whereas we have controlled the whole game!!.

The main concern is goal keeper, Karius is very weak and the coming games will badly prove that, and it will be costly to lose valuable points!. Mignolet + Karius = ZERO I really don't understand the nutcase Klopp in relation to this important point.

The defense is still weak at set pieces and it has not improved since last season!.

Thanks god we have won
algymoon

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:12 pm

On another note.
The Big Boss was at the match today which means he'll have been in town for a few days at least.
May be something is cooking in the background?
May be JK has a short list of players for January?
May be there is new club investment on the horizon?
Tune in next week for another episode...
  :eyebrow
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:57 pm

We didnt hit top gear but still dominated a match we did our best to throw away in the last 10 mins.

The club clearly rates Karius enough to put us all on a rollercoaster and frankly we will be on board for the foreseeable future with him.

Over moon we won but wanted the 3 goal victory to put us clear top, nothing wrong with being greedy.

Emre Can was extremely frustrating at times, slow in possession and poor with his shooting, he definitely needs to improve and quick with a hungry Grujic breathing down his neck. Feel as though this is Cans last season to impress.

Ultimately a very good night but for sure with room for improvements, we shouldn't ever be satisfied.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:20 pm

parchpea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:57 pm wrote:We didnt hit top gear but still dominated a match we did our best to throw away in the last 10 mins.

The club clearly rates Karius enough to put us all on a rollercoaster and frankly we will be on board for the foreseeable future with him.

Over moon we won but wanted the 3 goal victory to put us clear top, nothing wrong with being greedy.

Emre Can was extremely frustrating at times, slow in possession and poor with his shooting, he definitely needs to improve and quick with a hungry Grujic breathing down his neck. Feel as though this is Cans last season to impress.

Ultimately a very good night but for sure with room for improvements, we shouldn't ever be satisfied.

Agree, Can is a frustrating one. Sometimes he does stuff and I think wow we have a real quality player in the making on out hands and other times he just seems so slow, ponderous and out of sync with the rest of the team . I know his still a young lad and that his just coming back after injury, but needs to up the consistency because like you said, Gruijic will be knocking on that door don't think Klopp will hesitate to make hard decisions if he feels someone else can come in and do a better job
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:07 am

Can will come good im sure he just needs to get back into shape. His shooting even got on Klopps nerves.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:41 am

Agree, Can definately needs to make something happen this season or I think his time is up at Liverpool.

Football is ruthless and unfortunately the lad hasn't established himself as the star we all thought he was going to be.

Neither a DM or AM, he's inconsistency in a dedicated CM role is down-right frustrating.

At the moment most just see him as another Henderson type player, runs hard and does his job relatively well but doesn't really provide anything else.

I would give him a few more games before trying out Grujić.

In saying that Wijnaldum still comes ahead of him in the week in, week out pecking order. So will be tough to establish himself in the starting XI.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:52 am

Can is a number 6 currently being asked to play further forward which exposes his lack of guile. Plus it is only his second game back in the team so he is rusty, so i think we should give him a break.

Thought we were good last night, some of our attacking play and midfield play was superb. Conceding was disapointing but you cant have it all your own way all the time. WBA were never in the game and scoreline flattered them.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:06 pm

algymoon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:19 pm wrote:Very wasteful and it could have been worse! but at least we got 3 points. The team need strong FC who can score 2 or 3 goals considering the chances were created, it should have been a solid performance and convincing win whereas we have controlled the whole game!!.

The main concern is goal keeper, Karius is very weak and the coming games will badly prove that, and it will be costly to lose valuable points!. Mignolet + Karius = ZERO I really don't understand the nutcase Klopp in relation to this important point.

The defense is still weak at set pieces and it has not improved since last season!.

Thanks god we have won

Cheer up mate we secured 3 points for the relegation battles....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Jürgen Klopp: "Manchester United game was good practice for Pulis’ West Brom"
:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:47 pm

With City, Spurs and Arsenal all failed to win, the 3 points from yesterday was massive. Forget about the disappointment of not finishing off the game in a more comfortable manner, if we keep picking up the 3 points, everything will be taken care of eventually
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games