Predictions for the season.. - How are we gonmna go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Comes round every year this one, so lets go.

The Premiership:

I think Man City will win it. I think Chelsea, the Mancs and Arsenal will be very close behind in what will be a ding dong battle. I think we will be FIFTH in Roys first season. I see us as being behind early doors but playing some good stuff to get us back onto the coat tails of the leaders. At the end though I expect them to pull clear of us again, and we'll finish around 12 points off of the top, missing out on a Champions League slot by about one win.

The Domestic Cups:

Obviously it's hard to guess as it depends on the draws, but I've a feeling we'll reach a final in Roys first season.

The Europa League Cup:

I think if we can get past the early rounds where he'll play a weakened team, I think we might win it.

Rejuvenated players:

I am predicting a big year for Albert Riera, as well as a new contract earning season for Ryan Babel.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 pm

bigmick wrote:Comes round every year this one, so lets go.

The Premiership:

I think Man City will win it. I think Chelsea, the Mancs and Arsenal will be very close behind in what will be a ding dong battle. I think we will be FIFTH in Roys first season. I see us as being behind early doors but playing some good stuff to get us back onto the coat tails of the leaders. At the end though I expect them to pull clear of us again, and we'll finish around 12 points off of the top, missing out on a Champions League slot by about one win.

The Domestic Cups:

Obviously it's hard to guess as it depends on the draws, but I've a feeling we'll reach a final in Roys first season.

The Europa League Cup:

I think if we can get past the early rounds where he'll play a weakened team, I think we might win it.

Rejuvenated players:

I am predicting a big year for Albert Riera, as well as a new contract earning season for Ryan Babel.

Top 4

Chelsea
Man Utd
Arsenal
Man City

Not sure who will but will edit once the other teams have bought their players

Europa Cup Spots

3 out of 4
Spurs
Us
Villa
Everton

CL
Inter

FA Cup

Arsenal

CC

Spurs

Europa

Juventus or Us

Rejuvenated players

Which ever of the english lads that leave city and go to spurs
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Man City won't win it. Their defence is still distinctly average and I also don't really rate the manager there. You can buy all the big names you want. That doesn't hide the fact that they're a bunch of individuals and not a team. You only had to look at the game when Spurs beat them at the end of last season to see that.

As for us, I expect us to be challenging for the top 4 and to have a decent cup run. I suppose you can guage what sort of season it will be after the first six games. Last season I feared the worst after our abject defeats against Spurs and Villa in the first three games. This season we've got Arsenal, City and United in the first 6 games which all in all may not be a bad thing as there's a chance that those teams will not have hit their stride that early in the season.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Man City have no chance of winning the League.The club is a recipe for disaster,money to burn..we'll buy him we'll buy him and him and him and him.They are fast forming a team of mercenaries.Mancini will not be able to keep them all happy,too many egos and a manager that does not command respect,no way he will be able to get a good team spirit there...I expect them to go well for a while and implode about a third/half way through the season due to too many unhappy benchwarmers!Im more wary of Spurs tbh!

I think Roy will bring a bit of normality back to LFC...I dont expect him to get involved in club politics in public as hopefully our dark days are coming to an end ie yanks out and a new buyer,i hope.(this is not a dig at Rafa BTW,I respect Rafa for saying what he said at times and think he handled the situation well,considering the club was rotting from within)

I expect a lot more off Babel,not my favourite player but he has not been given a fair crack of the whip...but I would not have played him either after seeing him put so much effort into a cringeworthy rapping career and so little heart on the pitch.If I was Roy Id say...no more raps,you make a di'ck outta yourself anyway..focus on football,give us 100%,if you play well I will play you...the fans may come to love you(and we could).:D

Im hoping we can finish 4th and get back in the C/L..I expect a Chelsea,UTD,Arsenal..1,2,3 and a battle for 4th between us City and Spurs,with us being underdogs for that spot at present...but we may sign a few!

Bit premature this thread... a lot can change from now till the season starts..if we keep Gerrard and Torres,bring in a few and play a settled team we can do well
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Rejuvenated players

???
LFC2007

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Number 9 wrote:a lot can change from now till the season starts..if we keep Gerrard and Torres,bring in a few and play a settled team we can do well

i think you're bang on with regards to keeping a settled side. that was one of our problems last season, especially in defence where we were constantly chopping and changing personnel. it said it all when the greek became one of our most important players at one stage. what we considered our best defence (johnson, agger, carragher, aurelio) only started ONCE together in the league which is unbelievable when you think about it.

on gerrard and torres, if both stay (and that's a big if) our biggest problem will be getting them both on the pitch at the same time for enough games to see us do well. torres' lack of general fitness is really worrying me at the moment if i'm honest.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm

City are just the Real Madrid of the Prem, they wil have a load of 'Big Names' who play for the money and themselves but they are a 'Team', they won't win it this year.

Regards to LFC I think we have a good chance of maybe finishing 4th, all depends on Gerrard and Torres staying and if Roy can get get the team spirit back with players like Babel and Aquilani playing to their full potential.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:52 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Rejuvenated players

???

I don't believe any of our players will be rejuvenated this season so I went for other players in the prem
Benny The Noon

Postby Fauxy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 pm

The Premiership:

1st - Chelsea
2nd - Arsenal
3rd - Man United
4th - Man City
5th- Liverpool !

The Domestic Cups:

Fa Cup - Liverpool
League Cup - Everton

The Europa League Cup:
Juventus

Rejuvenated players:

Skrtel
Fauxy

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:59 pm

PREM
1 CHEATSKI
2 MANGE
3 LIVERPOOL
4 ARSENAL

CL BARCA
UEFA LIVERPOOL
FA CUP MAN CITY
LGE CUP SPURS
HAPPY DAYS
:p
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm

6th and a long way behind top.
puroresu

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Chelsea
Man u
Arsenal
Liverpool

Fa cup
Spurs

League cup
Liverpool

Champs League
Barcelona

Uefa
Liverpool

Ok, a little optimistic, but you have to believe don't you? YNWA
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Most of chelseas players are on their lazzies
The skanks are a spent force relying too much on shrek
City are overated with problems in defence
Arsenal are unsettled because of fabregas
We could win the league, fa, carling and the eufa
But Ill say fourth and at least one cup
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Premier league

1. Chelsea
2. Man UTD
3. Liverpool
4. Man city

Fa cup
Man city

League cup
Spurs

Champions league
Barcelona

Europa Cup
Man city

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 pm

The Premiership:

Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool
Arsenal/Spurs
Villa

Champs League:
Barcelona

Europa:
Liverpool

FA Cup:
Man Utd

CC:
Spurs

That's right. Optimistic in terms of our league position....but i think we can do it with a more settled team (and hopefully a transfer kitty from new owners in January :D )

Europa i think we can win....if not that then a domestic cup....im sure some silverware will be coming home this year. Looking for a better team spirit, especially if we can keep Torres and Gerrard, a fresh start and a run of good results would do wonders.....especially after last season. much less will be expected of us too which is an advantage.

Man City are a bit unpredictable for me, at times i thought they were looking the real deal but then looked very shaky. Big season again for them, and after missing out on everything they were aiming for last season i wouldnt write them off.....

Man Utd i hate with a passion but they always seem to be where it counts, near the top. Unless they bring in some new signings i can see their season going like the last, and if Rooney doesnt have such prolific form they are in trouble...we'll see if he really is a 30 goal a season player.

Arsenal could be dangerous, but i see implosions in their squad especially defensively....still dont think they've got it right. but they have added to their attacking prowess, and if Van Persie stays fit they could have a good season. I think their time in the top 4 is up as ours was last season tho. call it a hunch.

Spurs will find out how hard it is battling on 4 fronts. depending on how far they get in each cup, but i can see them wearing themselves thin....especially cos they will no doubt give it their all in the champs league. still a bit like arsenal for me, i have a hunch that they wont be in the top 4. maybe played above themselves last season...

Villa. no.

Still, transfer season is really just kickin off now....so i may have totally different views come August depending who goes where.

peace.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion