8th
No votes
9th
No votes
10th or below
No votes

Total votes : 78

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:52 am

aCe - Chelsea have just trimmed a shedload of old players off their books, those not caring about Chelsea much wouldn't know that and I am a little surprised at how many 30+ have gone.

Even now I make their squad average around 27.24, including most if not all key players (never know who will be, but I've not left out anyone truly key) They still have a lot of 30+ in their squad

Ferreira 31
Benayoun 30
Lampard 32
Anelka 31
Drogba 32
Hilario 34
Malouda 30

With Terry and Cashley 29 and the likes of Cech, Alex and Bosingwa 28. The mancs would be slaughtered for having so many 30+ year olds in their side, 4-6 for Chelsea as Hilario is unlikely to play but the rest could five yesterday (?), with Yossi, DD and Malouda all on the scoresheet if I'm not mistaken and fat frank played, Ferreira came on as sub.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 pm

People writing off Chelsea seriously need their head read they will prob be champions and by a clear distance .
Benny The Noon

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Interesting that as many people have voted Champions as have voted 5th.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:57 pm

I expect the romantics have gone for champions and realists gone for 5th
Benny The Noon

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I expect the romantics have gone for champions and realists gone for 5th

Well I didn't like to say, nor label, but yeah!

Like whoever it was said he's been saying we'll win the title every year since we last did, not realising of course that being wrong all the time isn't clever and it doesn't help LFC fans who then get the reputation of being deluded with the old cliche of "Liverpool fans are supposedly knowledgable" whilst throwing in the 'counterproof' that some claim we'll win the league all the time.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:50 pm

All I can say is there is some very optimistic voters on here.I'm outside the top four by a few places, I'd love to show your optimism but I think if I dont follow my heart and I follow my head I wont be let down
roberto green

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:51 am

I'm not as delusional enough to say we're gonna' win the league buy Roy is certainly putting together a healthy squad, One that should make it into the top 4 no probs
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:07 am

One thing I'm gonna add is that under the old regime, Gerrard was able to scrutinise over every signing and now (with Cole, Poulsen, Meireles, and, fingers crossed, a decent back up striker), he's gonna actually start believing! Just saying because I thought his attitude stank last season. Maybe he knew what was gonna unfold. Maybe he knew Rafa was gone. Maybe...
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:14 am

How many can put their hands up and honestly say they thought we'd be in the bottom three, even accounting for a game in hand on some teams............................?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion