8th
No votes
9th
No votes
10th or below
No votes

Total votes : 78

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:03 am

its a bit early to vote on this as we arent sure of the squad or how we are going to line up.
at the moment i think we are prob gonna be in the shake up for 4th,with 3 more decent signings and we could challenge but lose masch and torres and it all changes.
we also had a lot of players at the w.c and are only starting to return now,and with only 1 more warm up before competitive action to go,we could be starting the season with an unfit bunch of players.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 am

Campiones ,no doubt in my mind . Every year i think the same . Why should this year be any different
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:18 am

Not sure what that great strike force is. Even if Torres stays, it will be a while before he is 100% fit. We don't know how Jovanovic is going to fit in. And that's it. Nobody else at the club is worthy of playing as a striker. We really need to buy another couple of strikers.

I voted that we would finish 5th, behind the same top 4 as last season, except Man City will replace Arsenal in it. Sorry for being pessimistic, but we need to strengthen up front and at left back.
Calum

Postby Rush Job » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:10 am

1st!
We`ll fkin walk it.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:04 am

Penguins wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Penguins wrote:As things stand now I'll say 6th, just losing out to spurs for 5th.

6th? You were practically predicting releagation a couple of weeks ago so it's nice to see you getting a bit positive.

Very funny. Where is the quote that I predicted relegation?

As ususal you are spewing lies to suit your agenda.

More ignorant than you is hard find, believing everything was Rafa's fault and now all is rosy again.  :no

Who are you going to blame when we end up 5th/6th after the season now that Rafa is gone?

The owners of course.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 am

aCe' wrote:Oh and I'm reserving judgment until we finish our transfers... As things stand, we wont be getting a top 5 spot with no LB and no decent backup for Torres...

Rules of voting are based on the here and now, that any signings made from here on in won't be £30m so the standard of the squad won't be massively impacted by future signings any more than it will be decimated by sales
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:00 am

LittleHobo wrote:defence worries me alot

Attack worries me more, a poor goals return last season and goals dictate finishes more often than not.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:54 am

Owzat wrote:

Attack worries me more, a poor goals return last season and goals dictate finishes more often than not.

agreed, however the poor goals return last season wasent  helped by the fact that our main man il nino was constantly injured. add to that benitez's negative tactics. eg replacing torres with ngog away at birmingham when we were desperate for a goal.        :alien:
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:35 pm

aCe' wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:i went for 5th, but im optimistic we might be able to scrape 4th. I think the squad is too paper thin though and my head says that will eventually cost us. If Torres, Gerrard and Cole stay fit and we can hang on to Mascherano we could have a good season, would also be nice if Aquilani stepped up to the plate this year. So many ifs and buts with Liverpool at the moment, thats why im gonna go for 5th and pray for 4th! :D

How is our squad "paper thin" ?  ???

GK: Reina (Cavalieri)
RB: Johnson (Kelly)
LB: in the market for 1 or 2 apparently (Darby seemed decent backup)
CB: Carra, Agger (Skrtel, Greek, Wilson?)
CM: Gerrard, Mascherano, Aquilani (Lucas, Shelvey?)
LM: Joe Cole (Jovanovic, Babel)
RM: Kuyt (Maxi, Babel?)
ST: Torres (need one more, Ngog)

I think we have good cover for most positions tbh... Obviously we need a couple of signings (LB, backup forward, maybe even another cheap central midfielder) but i wouldnt say our squad is paper thin... especially when you consider the other youngsters (Ayala, ElZhar, Pacheco, Nemeth..etc) who should be stepping up and perhaps more importantly the fact that this squad isnt expected to be one that challenges  for the title...

i think you just proved my point further with that post
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:55 pm

TarnRed wrote:

last season it wasnt good enough and this year carra is a year older and both agger and skertel aint got no better...still glen johnson is a poor defender who should be a right winger

with the same defence i predict 6th

This defence conceded the third least goals in the Premier League last season, and was joint with Chelsea for having the most clean sheets.

It wasn't the defence that caused us to finish 7th trust me, having no backup striker(s) and playing the holding midfielders against the likes of Wigan, Wolves, Stoke etc caused us to finish where we ended up.

If we are going to play a more attacking formation i think we need centrebacks that are comfortable doing that. Imo especially Carra is holding back contributing to the way we played last season. It will be different players but with our current squad i think we will play similarly to last season.

With masch likely to leave and carra one year older i doubt our defense will be much to brag about.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:02 pm

In and Out wrote:Who are you going to blame when we end up 5th/6th after the season now that Rafa is gone?

The owners of course.[/quote]
:laugh: So true  :D.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:02 pm

After our first game against Arsenal I will be able to deliver a much more concise view as in regards to where we will finish ... Instead of basing it around the flimsy evidence Pre- Season will provide ??? Anything else would be just silly ,so lets just wait and see if it is indeed Hodgson's Harriers or Hodgson's Holidays  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Nice little interview from Kenny on here today .Regarding everyone ,ha ha

33 MINUTES IN .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t7cvw#-
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:44 pm

sorry
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:50 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Nice little interview from Kenny on here today .Regarding everyone ,ha ha

33 MINUTES IN .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t7cvw#-

Interesting interview that Girl ... he had no input in the club opting for Hodgson, as the board chose him exclusively ...and  he still considers  Benitez's sacking as a tremendous shame ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion