8th
No votes
9th
No votes
10th or below
No votes

Total votes : 78

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:49 am

With a new manager at the helm, I guess a poll was inevitable as to where we will finish next season. This is where you think we will finish, not where we can finish or where you want us to finish, we all WANT Liverpool FC to win the league but don't just say "I think we'll finish 1st because I'm an eternal optimist and have been saying it since I was knee high to Grasshopper Zurich". No dodging the question with "depends on who we sign", the bottom line is unless we sign a handful of World Class players at £20m+ apiece which is unlikely, the quality of signings and the squad can be assumed as consistent with minimal tangible impact on our finish

I was considering only doing options 1st-10th, but I guess 1st-9th with "10th or below" will satisfy any doom and gloom merchants who would inevitably complain that it wasn't an option. According to one spudz fan their fans on their biggest site largely voted they would finish 5th, I guess they think Arsenal and Citeh will be 3rd and 4th.
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:52 am

i think we'll finish about 3rd. but definately in top 4 imo.
this is how i see it shaping up

1st mancscum
2nd chelski
3rd liverpool
4th man shity
5th tottenscum
6th arsenal
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:42 am

I don't think Spurs will finish in the top 4 again. I also think with the money they are spending City should be favorites for a top 4 finish. It's going to be quite hard tbh but it is possible. I suppose not having to worry about CL football means we use our top players more sparingly so we are fresher for league games. I know we should be looking to win the Europa League but to be honest even the group stages it should be a piece of :censored: to get through even if we rotate a few players.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:44 am

I aways put down champions but I am the eternal optimist
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:48 am

it all depends if we get another top striker where we finish. Luis fabiano is the man we need.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:09 am

I have gone for 4th, but in truth i think more results will go our way this season, Man U are going to find it hard and the russian stil have a very strong team and its going to be hard for any team to keep up with them this year if they stay fit.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:06 am

2nd
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:16 am

Voted 3rd.
I am very optimistic that we will go well, but we have a very hard start that could make a difference.
If we lost both the first two games it would be a massive dent to the confidence.
Win them though and things could look very healthy.

I think Chelsea and Manchester city will be the top 2 in that order, with us 3rd and United 4th.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:30 am

Pretty optimistic this year with Roy at the helm.
I think we will be alot more positive and the fact we so badly under achieved last year means we could easily come 3rd.
If Torres stays and keeps fit i honestly belive that we have a chance of bein there or there abouts at the end of the season.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:35 am

I think 4th is the most realistic.

I actually think tottenham and Arsenal will be the one's who drop out of the top four this season.

Tottenham because they will have to concentrate on the champions league as well as the prem. Arsenal because they probably wont have Fabregas on the form he was last season and defensivley they dont have much depth.

I think the underachievers this season will be Aston Villa and the overachievers will be Sunderland
Fauxy

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:38 am

The top six will be this.

1. Man City. The more I think about it the more I think they'll win it. With a little bit in hand is my current call, by 6-9 points.

2. Chelsea. With City till christmas, then unable to sustain the challenge.

3. The Mancs. Unbelieveable that they will finish ahead of us despite not having as good a team, but they will just IMHO.

4. Us. An excellent effort, and about 12 points off the top.

5. Arsenal. Pretty pretty, and might even take the points in the first game of the season, but same old frailties.

6. Spurs. Back where they belong.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:43 am

i went for 5th, but im optimistic we might be able to scrape 4th. I think the squad is too paper thin though and my head says that will eventually cost us. If Torres, Gerrard and Cole stay fit and we can hang on to Mascherano we could have a good season, would also be nice if Aquilani stepped up to the plate this year. So many ifs and buts with Liverpool at the moment, thats why im gonna go for 5th and pray for 4th! :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:07 pm

3rd for me
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:i went for 5th, but im optimistic we might be able to scrape 4th. I think the squad is too paper thin though and my head says that will eventually cost us. If Torres, Gerrard and Cole stay fit and we can hang on to Mascherano we could have a good season, would also be nice if Aquilani stepped up to the plate this year. So many ifs and buts with Liverpool at the moment, thats why im gonna go for 5th and pray for 4th! :D

How is our squad "paper thin" ?  ???

GK: Reina (Cavalieri)
RB: Johnson (Kelly)
LB: in the market for 1 or 2 apparently (Darby seemed decent backup)
CB: Carra, Agger (Skrtel, Greek, Wilson?)
CM: Gerrard, Mascherano, Aquilani (Lucas, Shelvey?)
LM: Joe Cole (Jovanovic, Babel)
RM: Kuyt (Maxi, Babel?)
ST: Torres (need one more, Ngog)

I think we have good cover for most positions tbh... Obviously we need a couple of signings (LB, backup forward, maybe even another cheap central midfielder) but i wouldnt say our squad is paper thin... especially when you consider the other youngsters (Ayala, ElZhar, Pacheco, Nemeth..etc) who should be stepping up and perhaps more importantly the fact that this squad isnt expected to be one that challenges  for the title...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Oh and I'm reserving judgment until we finish our transfers... As things stand, we wont be getting a top 5 spot with no LB and no decent backup for Torres...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion