BARCELONA V's LFC, CL SEMI FINAL 1st May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Thu May 02, 2019 12:51 am

Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 11:47 pm wrote:
Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 10:37 pm wrote:I think another problem is that Barca have tied up the league in Spain so will no doubt be resting a lot of their players for their game at the weekend. We don't have that luxury against Newcastle and so something else which is in Barca's favour.

c'mon...that I will say is a bullSh*t excuse for this defeat

Huh? My comment has nothing to do with today's defeat. I'm saying Barca's big players will be rested in their league game this coming weekend as they've already won the league so will be fresher for the game at Anfield. We obviously can't do that so gives them bit of an advantage

Noted...but still not an excuse we can put up. In my opinion we have 3 more games to go and professional players should have no problem with this. If players cannot get themselves pumped up and have their juice flowing for this kind of climax, then we have a serious problem within our squad
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

I wouldn’t blame any of you for thinking I’m deluded...but if we make a blistering start at Anfield, and score in the first 10 mins, who knows what could happen. What else are we gonna do, just show up and go thru the motions, or put out the reserves? f*ck that, if we’re getting knocked out, we’ll go down fighting. Just watch those players succumb to the pressure of anfield, they will wilt.

Regarding Suarez, I always gave him the benefit of the doubt when he left us for Barca, even after the manner in which he did so...but tonight put the nail firmly in the coffin of any sentiment I had for him. Disgraceful little buck toothed c*nt.
Last edited by Franky000 on Thu May 02, 2019 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Franky000

Postby Santa » Thu May 02, 2019 1:12 am

Franky000 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:06 am wrote:...Regarding Suarez, I always gave him the benefit of the doubt when he left us for Barca, even after the manner in which he did so...but tonight put the nail firmly in the coffin of any sentiment I had for him. Disgraceful little buck toothed c*nt.

Nah (for good or bad) this was expected of him...I think we don't expect to see any of our players gave any less when playing their ex-employers. We knew his combative and win at all cost behaviour when he was wearing our shirt so I don't blame him at all. Only thing I regretted was not playing tonight for I will hack the shit out of him all night and send him home with bruises...how I long for a Souness or a McMahon in our midfield tonight  :veryangry

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 02, 2019 2:06 am

Had a really Sh*t day at work yesterday and that just capped Wednesday 1st May off for me.

Everything is seriously uphill from here on in.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 am

If Roma can bashed this Barca team 3-0 just last season, no reason why we cannot...but we got to give everything, take every chance, take no prisoners and make everything count. I might be down but I refused to accept that we are out...same message for City. This could be the most wonderful next 6 days in our history

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 am

How can anyone point fingers at a manager who has delivered back-to-back CL semi finals and 91 points and counting in the league and just about every transfer signing being positive too??!!

Our man Juergen is just as disappointed as we all are i’m sure. But that’s football, it can be cruel at times. I’m just glad we get to feel like Liverpool again.
red_indian

Postby redshade » Thu May 02, 2019 7:42 am

Devasting result to say the least. We didn't deserve to lose 3-0 at all. Too many missed chances cost us. This game could've easily been 3-3. Milner, Salah can't shoot the target.. poor finishing.

If it was 3-1 I'd say we had a shot but at 3-0 i think it is over. We woll play cautiously at home because all it will take is 1 away goal from Barca to end it. I know we will give it a go but i just can't see us going to the final. That away goal for us was super important and sadly we feked up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu May 02, 2019 7:56 am

red_indian » Thu May 02, 2019 6:13 am wrote:How can anyone point fingers at a manager who has delivered back-to-back CL semi finals and 91 points and counting in the league and just about every transfer signing being positive too??!!

Our man Juergen is just as disappointed as we all are i’m sure. But that’s football, it can be cruel at times. I’m just glad we get to feel like Liverpool again.

I’ve just read through this thread from the beginning and all I can say is I wish the usual whinging fkrs would just fk off !! Mate you are the first person to actually give Klopp the credit he deserves. We played extremely well and on another day the result would have been very different. Getting us to a CL semi final and 91 points in the league  and he gets castigated. It’s fkn laughable. Try taking a look at what Everton have spent over the last  five years (over £40m more than us) and what they have achieved - THAT IS WHAT I CALL LAUGHABLE !!

Come on lads it’s not over yet !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 9:20 am

devaney » Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 am wrote:
red_indian » Thu May 02, 2019 6:13 am wrote:How can anyone point fingers at a manager who has delivered back-to-back CL semi finals and 91 points and counting in the league and just about every transfer signing being positive too??!!

I’ve just read through this thread from the beginning and all I can say is I wish the usual whinging fkrs would just fk off !! Mate you are the first person to actually give Klopp the credit he deserves. We played extremely well and on another day the result would have been very different. Getting us to a CL semi final and 91 points in the league  and he gets castigated. It’s fkn laughable. Try taking a look at what Everton have spent over the last  five years (over £40m more than us) and what they have achieved - THAT IS WHAT I CALL LAUGHABLE !!

Why are you over reacting? No one is calling for the manager's head or anything, everyone thinks the world of him but he did ***** up in terms of team selection last night. Mind you the players didn't help missing sitter after sitter.
The great thing about already being as good as out is that we've got nothing to lose, we can have a right go at turning this around on Tuesday and if they score so what? Deep down we all think we are out anyway.
It's a free shot at greatness, we are the comeback kings of European football, situations like this often bring out the best in us
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu May 02, 2019 9:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 8:20 am wrote:

Why are you over reacting? No one is calling for the manager's head or anything, everyone thinks the world of him but he did ***** up in terms of team selection last night. Mind you the players didn't help missing sitter after sitter.
The great thing about already being as good as out is that we've got nothing to lose, we can have a right go at turning this around on Tuesday and if they score so what? Deep down we all think we are out anyway.
It's a free shot at greatness, we are the comeback kings of European football, situations like this often bring out the best in us

Manager role is having the right game plan and tactics ,Mental readiness ,Player selection and managing/reacting to events during the game...If you look at the overall picture other then not getting Gomez/Gini right he got the rest pretty good and overall we were excellent...Yesterday was a very cruel result but it wasn't due to Klopps responsibility but due to players not doing their job.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu May 02, 2019 9:59 am

:buttrock
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 am

Beaten by the more clinical team - we played well to the point they were panicking and we made a Barce team go into protection mode and rely on Messi throwing himself to the ground along with Suarez

The difference between the two teams was the finishing from the best player that there has ever been and one of the best strikers that’s been in the modern era

It’s a big ask to get at home but we have seen it done

And anyone pointing fingers at Klopp - clueless idiots , he will win us the titles - the journey we are on with him is still developing and if anyone can’t see the improvements then they just haven’t got a clue
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 02, 2019 10:42 am

Fun Fact- Allison has conceeded 9 goals and counting in UCL semi finals. :-(

His got bad luck in Semis.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 10:45 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 am wrote:Beaten by the more clinical team - we played well to the point they were panicking and we made a Barce team go into protection mode and rely on Messi throwing himself to the ground along with Suarez

The difference between the two teams was the finishing from the best player that there has ever been and one of the best strikers that’s been in the modern era

It’s a big ask to get at home but we have seen it done

And anyone pointing fingers at Klopp - clueless idiots , he will win us the titles - the journey we are on with him is still developing and if anyone can’t see the improvements then they just haven’t got a clue

Klopp''s a great manager who has performed miracles this season but no one is above criticism, his team selection was downright weird yesterday. In all my years watching Liverpool that is the first time I can ever recall seeing essentially a DM playing as a CF.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 10:49 am

redshade » Thu May 02, 2019 9:42 am wrote:Fun Fact- Allison has conceeded 9 goals and counting in UCL semi finals. :-(

His got bad luck in Semis.

To be fair we should be looking at Roma as an example, not only did they come back from a similar scoreline against Barcelona they nearly beat us after we wiped the floor with them at Anfield and scored first in Rome as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games