BARCELONA V's LFC, CL SEMI FINAL 1st May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Wed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm

eds » Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:Bobby would not have made a difference with the way the game panned out.

We need a CF that can finish. Someone like Sturridge in his prime. I’m not sure who that is maybe Werner, but it’s clear as day Mane and Salah aren’t enough to win us titles.

I reckon he would have done, watching some of the play around their area and you could see he would have made a better option than Gini
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm

parchpea » Wed May 01, 2019 9:14 pm wrote:Mystified at the decision to play Wijnaldum up front and Gomez at RB  in a CL semi final in Barcelona. Poor from Klopp, contributed to our downfall tonight.

Yes we had good chances but Barcelona could also have scored more in the end we where overwhelmed.

Never say never though despite the odds, need to get 2 in first half at Anfield without reply.

Yeah Jurgen over thought it tonight, at least next week we'll have to go all out attack, no point in playing it Conservative next Tuesday.
Incidentally I think we'll score 2 if not 3 goals against that defence in a fired up Anfield, it's just that I can't see us keeping them out at the other end, if they get 1 we'll need 5.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 pm

I disagree.

Our front three would not have been good enough tonight.

They weren’t good enough against United when the title was there to be won.

They weren’t good enough against Leicester in that crucial draw.

They weren’t good enough against City away.

Not sure how much more proof you need. Key games they aren’t enough to get us titles.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 pm

tbh THAT 25 yards freekick to beat Alisson was out of the world
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Boocity » Wed May 01, 2019 9:19 pm wrote:
eds » Wed May 01, 2019 9:17 pm wrote:Bobby would not have made a difference with the way the game panned out.

We need a CF that can finish. Someone like Sturridge in his prime. I’m not sure who that is maybe Werner, but it’s clear as day Mane and Salah aren’t enough to win us titles.

I reckon he would have done, watching some of the play around their area and you could see he would have made a better option than Gini

Yeah we had plenty of possession around their box but it was all Milner, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum etc on the ball, there was no subtlety there. Bobby deffo would have made a difference.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Have only ourselves to blame really, they were there for the taking (or at least going home with a reasonable result) as were other teams during the Premier League title race, but we failed to capitalize on any of them and we'll probably finish this amazing season with nothing to show for. Typical for us really.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 10:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 pm wrote:Yeah we had plenty of possession around their box but it was all Milner, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum etc on the ball, there was no subtlety there. Bobby deffo would have made a difference.

I watched these four (plus Gomez) closely...they have no idea what to do when they are on the ball. Not knee jerk reaction, not trying to be harsh but just my honest assessment  :bump flame on

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 01, 2019 10:26 pm

eds » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 pm wrote:I disagree.

Not sure how much more proof you need. Key games they aren’t enough to get us titles.

Yes we need another top striker but even origi would have been a better bet than Gini tonight
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 01, 2019 10:29 pm

Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 9:26 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 pm wrote:Yeah we had plenty of possession around their box but it was all Milner, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum etc on the ball, there was no subtlety there. Bobby deffo would have made a difference.

I watched these four (plus Gomez) closely...they have no idea what to do when they are on the ball. Not knee jerk reaction, not trying to be harsh but just my honest assessment  :bump flame on

Losing Keita didn't help, lost what creativity we had
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 10:36 pm

If you watch Suarez tonight, he was just standing near or slightly offside all game and keep plugging for that one opportunity, and he know one of the passes will come thru for him. That's the hallmark of a top notch poacher which we lacked. I call this the sniper mentality

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed May 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Boocity » Wed May 01, 2019 9:26 pm wrote:
eds » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 pm wrote:I disagree.

Yes we need another top striker but even origi would have been a better bet than Gini tonight

A lot more options were better than Gini up front tonight.

Klopp also doesn’t have a good record tactically in big games.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Thought we played well but when you go to places like the Nou Camp you have to make your good spells count. We could easily have scored 3 today but come away with no goals at all. How Salah didn't score, I just don't know. 3-1 would have made the tie look very different.

The longer it went without us scoring I had that sickly feeling Messi would eventually pull something out the bag for them and that's exactly what happened. As for the second leg, I do fancy us to win but problem is we are now chasing the game especially without an away goal and it kind of opens the door for them with the quality they have to score. Chances are slim but let''s see what happens. VVD has been a revelation for us but today wasn't a great performance by him imo. Had Suarez in his eye line for the first and let him ghost in. Also thought he was a bit ponderous for the 2nd to.
Doeboy

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 pm

only me » Wed May 01, 2019 9:06 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 9:00 pm wrote:I blame the manager for the IDIOTIC DECISION play Wjnaldum in the no 9 role tonight.

Our front three were garbage.

Looks like its all over

Klopp got the game plan spot on..We dominated in large parts we got super chances but the players failed him..Mane Milner and Mo inexcusable miss shots..Couldn't get the final pass in..On the other side 2 freakish goals..

I think you need to watch the game again pal..

That wasn't the game I was watching
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 9:36 pm wrote:If you watch Suarez tonight, he was just standing near or slightly offside all game and keep plugging for that one opportunity, and he know one of the passes will come thru for him. That's the hallmark of a top notch poacher which we lacked. I call this the sniper mentality

Yup. Movement and run's he makes are some of the best around and just so difficult to get to grips with.
Doeboy

Postby only me » Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 9:19 pm wrote:
only me » Wed May 01, 2019 9:06 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 9:00 pm wrote:I blame the manager for the IDIOTIC DECISION play Wjnaldum in the no 9 role tonight.

Our front three were garbage.

Looks like its all over

Klopp got the game plan spot on..We dominated in large parts we got super chances but the players failed him..Mane Milner and Mo inexcusable miss shots..Couldn't get the final pass in..On the other side 2 freakish goals..

Time to pay Spec Savers a visit Koopp fucked up...the decision with Gomez is a mooting point as we lost our attack from right hand side and allowed Alba a free ticket to roam all night. TAA hogging the right side serves us well this season and he chose a negative approach. Not feeling down tbh but it is obvious we are still missing 1 or 2 piece of jigsaw to be a complete side

You probably meant Mo needs to paythe Spec saver a visit..I agree that Gomez wasn't the right decision but come on we played pretty good today we crested 3 super chances and a few more..We just couldn't finish...Sorry in my book it was a good game plan with miserable execution which Klopp cant control
Last edited by only me on Wed May 01, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games