BARCELONA V's LFC, CL SEMI FINAL 1st May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 02, 2019 3:51 pm

algymoon » Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 am wrote:The Idiot who support Abu Falafel your beloved Salah the useless winger, f*cking idiot a person like you who can not accept a fair criticism of the shambles that FCL is in!

OK, you're not funny anymore.

Apart from being an alter ego you're also a f*cking racist !

You're no longer welcome in here.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu May 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Well done Woof !!

Just a tad surprised it took you so long.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Not quite over yet, but we will need another Istanbul type comeback to turn this around next Tuesday.

Maybe if we score a goal in the first five minutes at Anfield might give us some momentum to pull it off.

Got a feeling we might need to score five though as I can see Barca nicking a goal.

IDIOTIC team selection by Jurgen playing Wjnaldum there, had cost us.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Last years CL final, last night's game and I'd throw in the 2 league games against City as well all just highlight the fact that at the highest level we are still a bit short in terms of quality.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 4:52 pm wrote:

If Mane and Salah took their chances, all of a sudden that would have been seen as a tactical masterstroke. The margins are fine. Firminio was not fully fit to start the match.

There’s a difference between armchair management and actually being a manager...you don’t always know the full story, or motive behind certain decisions.

Anyway, like you say, score early at anfield and we stand a chance....the two proverbial spanners will be a Barca away goal, and their time wasting/general cuntishness. I think we need a bit more of that ourselves tbh.
Last edited by Franky000 on Thu May 02, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Franky000 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:50 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 4:52 pm wrote:

If Mane and Salah took their chances, all of a sudden that would have been seen as a tactical masterstroke. The margins are fine. Firminio was not fully fit to start the match.

There’s a difference between armchair management and actually being a manager...you don’t always know the full story.

It was still a strange decision for me, it's not as if Gini is an offensive minded midfielder like Lallana or Shaq.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu May 02, 2019 7:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 5:50 pm wrote:Last years CL final, last night's game and I'd throw in the 2 league games against City as well all just highlight the fact that at the highest level we are still a bit short in terms of quality.

Sorry the margins are damn sight closer than you are attempting to suggest - what about the CL games and League game against City last season , a touch of fortune and a bit of Messi magic was the difference last night
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu May 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 4:52 pm wrote:Not quite over yet, but we will need another Istanbul type comeback to turn this around next Tuesday.

Maybe if we score a goal in the first five minutes at Anfield might give us some momentum to pull it off.

Got a feeling we might need to score five though as I can see Barca nicking a goal.

IDIOTIC mate really - interesting choice of words
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu May 02, 2019 7:39 pm

Really don't think team selection cost us. We've gone to the Nou Camp, troubled them, created a number of clear chances and simply not put any away. Not many teams go there and do that. Defensively,  don't think Van Dijk was particularly great for their first goal and although their 2nd had an element of luck about it, again Van Dijk was a bit flat footed for me.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu May 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Yup I agree we really would've got something had we finished our chances. I guarantee you guys jad we equalised Barca would've been rattled even more and i wouldn't have been surprised if we had got another and lead the game. We feked up in front of goal and got punished.

Btw fek CUNTinho and Goofy fek dem pr1ks and also fek Algy the twerp.
Last edited by redshade on Thu May 02, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu May 02, 2019 6:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 5:50 pm wrote:Last years CL final, last night's game and I'd throw in the 2 league games against City as well all just highlight the fact that at the highest level we are still a bit short in terms of quality.

Sorry the margins are damn sight closer than you are attempting to suggest - what about the CL games and League game against City last season , a touch of fortune and a bit of Messi magic was the difference last night

Disagree, I think we need more quality in the middle of the park, we won't be a dominant force in the game until we upgrade on the likes of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu May 02, 2019 8:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 7:14 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu May 02, 2019 6:04 pm wrote:

Disagree, I think we need more quality in the middle of the park, we won't be a dominant force in the game until we upgrade on the likes of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner etc.

Of course you think we need more quality in midfield - you have been droning on about it all season - the midfield wasn’t the reason why we didn’t win last night or against City - we were very well matched last night in the middle of the park.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 8:22 pm

devaney » Thu May 02, 2019 6:21 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 4:52 pm wrote:Not quite over yet, but we will need another Istanbul type comeback to turn this around next Tuesday.

He could have played Shaqiri just behind the front two or Origi in there. Trust me it waS barmy by our manager.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby fivecups » Thu May 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Doeboy » Thu May 02, 2019 6:39 pm wrote:Really don't think team selection cost us. We've gone to the Nou Camp, troubled them, created a number of clear chances and simply not put any away. Not many teams go there and do that. Defensively,  don't think Van Dijk was particularly great for their first goal and although their 2nd had an element of luck about it, again Van Dijk was a bit flat footed for me.

Good Post. Can't see who else could have played that role. Bobby is one of a kind, great striker but also defends from the front none of the other strikers could play that role.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu May 02, 2019 8:54 pm

Red Rum » Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu May 02, 2019 6:21 pm wrote:

He could have played Shaqiri just behind the front two or Origi in there. Trust me it waS barmy by our manager.

Barmy? OK, OK, I'm going to trust someone on a footie forum rather than a world-class manager who actually watches the players everyday, knows their stats, form and fitness, nice one Red rum
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games