BARCELONA V's LFC, CL SEMI FINAL 1st May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Boocity » Wed May 01, 2019 9:07 pm wrote:Red Rum, so what do you do, let them have a walk over, got to go for it.

Go "gung ho", then leave ourselves open at the back you mean??

In football terms, that's called suicide.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Boocity » Wed May 01, 2019 9:07 pm wrote:Red Rum, so what do you do, let them have a walk over, got to go for it.

I'll be disappointed if we don't throw the kitchen sink at them...fuck the caution approach Jurgen only the brave wins. Chin up guys v :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Don't blame Gini he was in stealth mode tonight...so stealthy I couldn't even seen him all night. And that's THAT  :devil:

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Against anyone with a half decent defence I'd say we are already out but Barca's defence is so bad it does give us a faint glimmer of hope, heck we should have scored at least 3 tonight in their supposedly impregnable fortress and that was with a CM up front and a midfield full of workhorses, if we do manage to get a goal or two they will get very nervy.
***** it, Anfield was made for comebacks like this, I reckon we'll do it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 01, 2019 10:55 pm

Didn't think they played any better than us in fairness but finishing is what separates us in the end. Their 1st and 3rd were good goals worthy of winning any game.

Have to say I raised an eyebrow when I seen Bobby on the bench and Gini playing as a 9. He was awful up there and a strange decision by Klopp in a game of this magnitude. Still a few others weighed in with some poor misses that should be put away at this level or it will cost you like tonight.

I think we will give them a hell of a game next week and probably even beat them but doubt it will be enough to get us into the final.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Firmino is clever and intelligent, but he isn't a poacher like Suarez.

We'll need an Istanbul or Olympiacos 2005 Steven Gerrard moment to win this tie now.

I blame the manager tonight, sadly.

Stupid panic reaction tactics,playing Wjnaldum there, when we had Origi Bobby and Shaqiri.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 11:11 pm

If our fans can reproduce an atmosphere like the 2005 semi against Chelsea we'll have a reasonable chance of doing it.
In that type of atmosphere their defence will be a bag of nerves especially if we get an early goal.
If we can turn around a 3-0 deficit in 6 minutes against a defence that included the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Jaap Stam and Cafu we can do it against these jokers, especially on our own patch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Struggling to blame the manager. Yes Gini as a 9 is odd however regardless the fact is we still missed very clear chances. Mane and Salah chances go in it suddenly looks like Klopp has pulled a masterstroke. Go away to places like the Nou Camp and the Bernabeu, you have to take these clear cut chances. Not like we missed one, we missed a couple and we paid the price. Let's face it, today could very easily have finished 3-3 and for me that's the most frustrating thing.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 11:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 10:11 pm wrote:If our fans can reproduce an atmosphere like the 2005 semi against Chelsea we'll have a reasonable chance of doing it.
In that type of atmosphere their defence will be a bag of nerves especially if we get an early goal.
If we can turn around a 3-0 deficit in 6 minutes against a defence that included the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Jaap Stam and Cafu we can do it against these jokers, especially on our own patch.

I'm convinced we'll beat them at home however with them not having to worry about away goals and us having to push, finding it difficult seeing them not scoring at least 1 with their attack. Also be prepared for plenty of time wasting, rolling around and generally looking to disrupt the rhythm. Also think they will look to play Dembele and use his pace on the counter. Still, there is a chance albeit slim and you can never count us out at Anfield.
Doeboy

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 11:26 pm

Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 10:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 01, 2019 10:11 pm wrote:If our fans can reproduce an atmosphere like the 2005 semi against Chelsea we'll have a reasonable chance of doing it.

I'm convinced we'll beat them at home however with them not having to worry about away goals and us having to push, finding it difficult seeing them not scoring at least 1 with their attack. Also be prepared for plenty of time wasting, rolling around and generally looking to disrupt the rhythm. Also think they will look to play Dembele and use his pace on the counter. Still, there is a chance albeit slim and you can never count us out at Anfield.

Yes but we have a tough away match at Newcastle Saturday, then this rematch on the Tuesday.

Will we have the legs for it??
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 11:34 pm

Nice optimism yakka but your deluded...

I think we are out. We don't have a stevie G in Midfield to pull the white rabbit out of the hat unfortunately.

Us winning 3/4-0 is a long shot.

There is still something fundamentally wrong with our squad compared to Man City, just can't put my finger on it.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 11:37 pm

I think another problem is that Barca have tied up the league in Spain so will no doubt be resting a lot of their players for their game at the weekend. We don't have that luxury against Newcastle and so something else which is in Barca's favour.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 12:09 am

Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 10:34 pm wrote:

Nice optimism yakka but your deluded...

I think we are out. We don't have a stevie G in Midfield to pull the white rabbit out of the hat unfortunately.

Us winning 3/4-0 is a long shot.

There is still something fundamentally wrong with our squad compared to Man City, just can't put my finger on it.

We are obviously not the favourites to go through but there is still a slim chance that we can do it, their defence is poor enough to give us hope. Don't forget we should have scored at least 3 tonight and that was with a DM playing up front and a midfield full of workhorses, also I understand why Jurgen opted for Joe tonight instead of Trent but a lot of our creativity comes from our fullbacks, by playing Joe we lost all attacking threat from the right.
So despite playing away from home with a makeshift CF, a half @rsed midfield and one hand tied behind our back in terms of getting balls into the box we still created better chances than they did.
We are huge underdogs but we've been huge underdogs before and upset the odds, let's not throw in the towel just yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 02, 2019 12:43 am

Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 10:37 pm wrote:I think another problem is that Barca have tied up the league in Spain so will no doubt be resting a lot of their players for their game at the weekend. We don't have that luxury against Newcastle and so something else which is in Barca's favour.

c'mon...that I will say is a bullSh*t excuse for this defeat. I will say they are not involved in a dog fight like we do which can be mentally taxing and they do have a better squad depth plus Messi. I can try to give excuses and look thru rose tinted glasses but let's just say experience, luck are the reasons we get tonked tonight. History will not remember how "unlucky" we are but a 3-0 loss.

Klopp trying to be funny and throw a curve ball but it came back and smack him in his face. This is the last game we should tinker with our tried and trusted formation and let's fight fire with fire...but he played to minimise the damage instead of having a good go at Barca
Last edited by Santa on Thu May 02, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu May 02, 2019 12:47 am

Santa » Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed May 01, 2019 10:37 pm wrote:I think another problem is that Barca have tied up the league in Spain so will no doubt be resting a lot of their players for their game at the weekend. We don't have that luxury against Newcastle and so something else which is in Barca's favour.

c'mon...that I will say is a bullSh*t excuse for this defeat

Huh? My comment has nothing to do with today's defeat. I'm saying Barca's big players will be rested in their league game this coming weekend as they've already won the league so will be fresher for the game at Anfield. We obviously can't do that so gives them bit of an advantage
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games