Rodgers SACKED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:51 pm

Well not a surprise. Never nice when a manager gets sacked but the club comes first.  Thanks BR for nearly taking us to the league (even if Suarez had a massive part to play in it) and playing some tremendous football at the same time. I wish him all the best for the future
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:Well not a surprise. Never nice when a manager gets sacked but the club comes first.  Thanks BR for nearly taking us to the league (even if Suarez had a massive part to play in it) and playing some tremendous football at the same time. I wish him all the best for the future

I think we can all agree that Brendan showed outstanding character during his time with our club  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Its obvious he had lost his way. Still shocked , i thought they would have gave him at least until xmas. Step up Carlo Ancelotti
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:00 pm

C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:36 pm wrote:posted 3 minutes before you liverpool-fc-forum/job-too-big-for-rodgers-t30933-3000.html

but this defo deserves its own thread :D

I've posted 6 months before you  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Santa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:00 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:36 pm wrote:posted 3 minutes before you liverpool-fc-forum/job-too-big-for-rodgers-t30933-3000.html

but this defo deserves its own thread :D

I've posted 6 months before you  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

why did we have to wait tho
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm wrote:Delighted he's finally been removed ,no sympathy whatsoever the man was guilty of crimes against this great institution ,he was culpable in attempting to dull our passion for the game ,and guilty of making 'some' accept the ordinary !

Humiliation over ,we move on.

:nod 
well said RBG.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:04 pm

A new clean slate for everyone.
All those players out on loan can be brought back and assessed by the new manager over time  :buttrock
NO PLAYER is safe or has any assurances ANYMORE. Are you listening Mr. Milne
:nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:05 pm

The best thing about this is we can still get something out of this season.
What im anticipated to know is what formation, positions our new manager will set up.
Interesting times ahead
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:07 pm

crazyhorse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:However he did take us to within a slip and a sending off of winning the Pl and no one can take that away from him. We also played the best football we have played since 1989 at times.

I think there's a lot of people forgetting this and while I also think that it is time for Rodgers to go, it's incredibly short sighted to place all of the blame for Liverpool's troubles on his shoulders, like some fans are doing.

Plus, if anyone thinks that a new manager is just going to waltz in and take Liverpool to top four and beyond, then they're away with the faeries. There's more problems at the club than just the manager.
tonyeh

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:07 pm

3 points off the top 4, 6 points off the top of the table and 3 of our toughest fixtures out of the way (Arsenal (A), United (A) and Everton (a)) I think Brendan can feel slightly hard done by.
I just wish he would have stuck to his original philosophy and tried to integrate TC signings like Markovic and Ilorri into the side, if he would have done that I don't think he would have lost his job.
I've been watching this club a long time and some of the best football I ever saw us play was under Brendan, I'm gutted a bit that he's gone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:07 pm

I simply love FSG's parting statement ...

FSG: "Ambition & winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to LFC & we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver"

wow....they are back in my good books.

I hear it is anceloti (there was a report ealier today that they had rented a house for the new Liverpool manager). He is a safe option. He is better than Rodgers for sure. I would have preferred Klopp as I do think his "eccentric"ness would work wonders with this club immediately.

Anyway....Rodgers is gone (I really wish him all the best and thank him a lot for the 2013/2014 season). He might go on to become a top top manager in a few years. And wish him all the best for that.

It is just that....he was not cut-out managing a huge club at this time of his career. I gave him lots of $hit in the last 3 years.....  Hopefully he will get another job soon.

But yeah...the future looks good. I do believe we have an awesome group of players. Another competent manager will bring them to new heights.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:12 pm

In terms of replacement,  noises about Klopp being the man seem to be increasing
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:12 pm wrote:In terms of replacement,  noises about Klopp being the man seem to be increasing

50/50 Klopp or Ancelloti... but will probably end up with Gary Monk or Eddie Howe  :glare:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:17 pm

just got back from a lovely day in the moutains and didn't even know the score of the derby... let alone this bombshell. there was a feeling of inevitability about it but i never expected it so soon. kudos to the owners for being so decisive. and kudos to the members of this forum, including some of the most vociferous of the bodgers out brigade, for their restraint and dignity on this thread.

as yacka said, there is a certain amount of regret. when he came in he seemed like such a good fit, and whether it was down to him, or suarez, or whoever, we did indeed see some truly scintillating football under his stewardship. however at the end of the day the fact that he'd lost his way is indisputable. the solid philosophy he'd always talked up never seemed to materialse again, or even be in danger of materialising.

if its true that ancelloti is coming in then i think we're good. i think he'll be reforming the squad again over new year and the summer and i'd guess the owners will be prepared to back him. i also hope he is able to cut their loans short and bring illori and markovic back into the squad - (is that possible in january?).

onwards and upwards, kidders

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Sad when any Liverpool manger is sacked, but inevitable I'm afraid. He did his best so good luck but the owners now have a massive headache, bring in a top manager mid season after BR has spent the kitty...  Ancelotti please.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion