Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Boocity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:44 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:21 pm wrote:Maguskwt, Your blind loyalty amazes me, how you can honestly think a manager here in his 4th season and losing to WH at Anfield for the first time in 53 years in the one to lead us back to the top is quite beyond my comprehension.

Not saying the manager wasn't at fault for losing today. I just don't like the often biased, if results go our way keep quiet, if results don't go our way pile on the manager sort of attitude by many on here. If people don't have the red mist of hatred covering their eyes for the manager, they would see these kinda results happen in football. I'm not about to give up on the season because of one lost, especially since our top 4 rivals except for city are struggling. I'll wait and see... if results don't go our way and we do not improve then sure I'll admit maybe the manager's time's up... but not after a single lost where individual errors were our downfall...

If you had read my post in the Markovich thread my view was quite clear before the game, it wasn't just down to individual errors, we should be able to recover from that, the tactics were wrong, the set up was wrong and he was slow and ineffectual to react.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:49 pm

A frightening thought....

Rodgers is beginning to look like Moysey at MancsU...in terms of breaking unwanted recordssssssssssssssss
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Boocity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:44 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:21 pm wrote:Maguskwt, Your blind loyalty amazes me, how you can honestly think a manager here in his 4th season and losing to WH at Anfield for the first time in 53 years in the one to lead us back to the top is quite beyond my comprehension.

Not saying the manager wasn't at fault for losing today. I just don't like the often biased, if results go our way keep quiet, if results don't go our way pile on the manager sort of attitude by many on here. If people don't have the red mist of hatred covering their eyes for the manager, they would see these kinda results happen in football. I'm not about to give up on the season because of one lost, especially since our top 4 rivals except for city are struggling. I'll wait and see... if results don't go our way and we do not improve then sure I'll admit maybe the manager's time's up... but not after a single lost where individual errors were our downfall...

If you had read my post in the Markovich thread my view was quite clear before the game, it wasn't just down to individual errors, we should be able to recover from that, the tactics were wrong, the set up was wrong and he was slow and ineffectual to react.

Like I said, the manager is not faultless for today's lost. I don't agree with playing gomez at RB since the first game of the season, I'd give you that. But today's starting line-up played Arsenal off the park in the first half at emirates. And when the lineup was announced there weren't any complaints before the game. Only after the game it's all Rodger's fault. And I thought that Lovren has turned the corner... boy was I wrong...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:01 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:53 pm wrote:Like I said, the manager is not faultless for today's lost. I don't agree with playing gomez at RB since the first game of the season, I'd give you that. But today's starting line-up played Arsenal off the park in the first half at emirates. And when the lineup was announced there weren't any complaints before the game. Only after the game it's all Rodger's fault. And I thought that Lovren has turned the corner... boy was I wrong...

Wrong wrong wrong........

1)Gomez played as a LB.
2)And arsenal paid back the compliments in the 2nd half
3)If there were complaints, what do you think the usual response will be ? "The ball has not been kicked.....and look at the usual complainers".......
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:01 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:41 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:34 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:1)Worst home defeat in 10 years......
2)1st home defeat to hammers in decades (and the hammers had quite a number of good players those times)
3)the fans in the stadium have lost the belief. No atmosphere whatsoever. And looked how fast they left the stadium (heartbroken and all).

Every single time Rodgers does a "david brent" in the press it almost immediately leads to us turning to utter $hit. It's amazing how many times it happens.

awwww.... aren't you excited...

Just stating the facts.....the fans don't believe in Rodgers. They are just going through the motions now. Our pre-season friendlies in asia were not "sell-outs". Rodgers will literally bring our team down.

Now ....for someone like you......I am sure you don't give a $hit about this. As long as you are seen to be supporting the head coach, well that is all the matters doesn't it ?

I hate to break it to you but this is not basketball... and if that word was used to take a dig at BR then it's not particularly effective...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:07 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:53 pm wrote:Like I said, the manager is not faultless for today's lost. I don't agree with playing gomez at RB since the first game of the season, I'd give you that. But today's starting line-up played Arsenal off the park in the first half at emirates. And when the lineup was announced there weren't any complaints before the game. Only after the game it's all Rodger's fault. And I thought that Lovren has turned the corner... boy was I wrong...

Wrong wrong wrong........

1)Gomez played as a LB.
2)And arsenal paid back the compliments in the 2nd half
3)If there were complaints, what do you think the usual response will be ? "The ball has not been kicked.....and look at the usual complainers".......

Call it before the game then... don't be such a pussy and only after the game is lost pile on the manager...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:48 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:34 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:27 pm wrote:I'm starting to have serious concerns wether Brendan is the right man to take us forward myself tbh, i have always been a big believer in that original high intensity pressing/passing philosophy of his but that seems to have been lashed out of the window. A lot of his decisions over the past 12 months haven't made a lot of sense either, I think he's allowed himself to be sidetracked by stuff going on inside the club like this apparent power struggle with the transfer committee.
With someone as highly rated as Klopp on the sidelines FSG have a big decision to make, the Brendan Rodgers who walked into Anfield 3 years ago was a confident young coach who believed in going after teams, this version of Brendan Rodgers looks gun shy to me.

This I agree though...

I'm starting to come around to the idea that we should go for Klopp, Brendan has lost his way imo
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:58 pm

With the tough run of fixtures coming up BR will be fighting for his job.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 pm

I think someone used the term "FRAUD" to describe our current manager, I wholeheartedly agree.

I'd describe those who continue to "believe" he's the man to take us forward as either totally blind to his shortcomings or just hopelessly gullible.

The sooner FSG wake up and recognise his tactical ineptitude, his abysmal decision making, his "which way the wind's blowing" man management skills and get rid of him the sooner our club will progress.

There must be at least half a dozen managers in the premiership at clubs smaller than ours who could outperform our manager if they had the LFC squad at their disposal !

(On a more personal level, despite his tan and newly acquired shiny teeth, I don't want a manager who appears in interview on TV with what looks like a Sexually Transmitted Disease all over his gob   :D  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 pm

redshade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:With the tough run of fixtures coming up BR will be fighting for his job.

One of my mates who I used to go the game with phoned me before and said the ground was empty with 10 minutes to go, never a good sign that at Anfield. Apparently we were shyte, he reckoned it looked like Hodgson was still in charge.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Apparently...the wise one uttered this during the post-match interview.....

We gave poor goals away, but we're an honest group."

The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:20 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 pm wrote:Apparently...the wise one uttered this during the post-match interview.....

We gave poor goals away, but we're an honest group."

Used Car Sales Man Speak for "Engines f'ucked, but forget that and just take a look at the paintwork "

:glare:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:30 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:11 pm wrote:I think someone used the term "FRAUD" to describe our current manager, I wholeheartedly agree.

I'd describe those who continue to "believe" he's the man to take us forward as either totally blind to his shortcomings or just hopelessly gullible.

The sooner FSG wake up and recognise his tactical ineptitude, his abysmal decision making, his "which way the wind's blowing" man management skills and get rid of him the sooner our club will progress.

There must be at least half a dozen managers in the premiership at clubs smaller than ours who could outperform our manager if they had the LFC squad at their disposal !

(On a more personal level, despite his tan and newly acquired shiny teeth, I don't want a manager who appears in interview on TV with what looks like a Sexually Transmitted Disease all over his gob   :D  )

I'm starting to come around to the idea that we need a change at the helm, this new conservative approach of his is not for me, I much preferred it when he talked about pressing teams high up the pitch and passing them off the park.
Any manager that thinks James Milner and James Milner alone is good enough to sort out our midfield problems is clearly not seeing what I'm seeing either. We spent a fortune again for the second summer on the run yet the centre of our midfield still looks as weak as it did 3 years ago.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:34 pm

I've been telling you's for ages that rodgers is full of shyte.  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:44 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:I've been telling you's for ages that rodgers is full of shyte.  :nod

This change of style is doing it for me, not a fan of it at all, shades of Houllier/Hodgson imo.
Plus it's not often that a manager of the calibre of Klopp is available.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion