QPR Vs Liverpool Sun 19th 13:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:34 pm

/
leeroy74 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:02 pm wrote:Brace yourself lads...

QPR 2 - 6 LFC (Ballo 3, Can, Sterling, Gerrard pen)

Wishful thinking or someone was smoking the sweet herb? :)
It's going to be a tough road game till we get our groove back.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 am

our record of playing teams whose manager is underfire , followed shortly by having their manager sacked is exemplary. QPR should be no different, play them, beat them then Harry gets the gun.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Seems we're all on copious amounts of the Columbian marching powder.

Of course on paper this is a fixture that should be a guaranteed 3 points in the bag at a canter BUT it's also exactly the kind of fixture where, maybe due to a lack of respect for the oppo, we've under performed and the oppo have raised their game (because they're playing us)    :(

I expect a win but not in the manner or by the margins that some in here are predicting.

I'm visualising a nervy 3-1 win, our third goal coming in the last ten mins as QPR press for the equalizer.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:03 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:42 pm wrote:Seems we're all on copious amounts of the Columbian marching powder.

Of course on paper this is a fixture that should be a guaranteed 3 points in the bag at a canter BUT it's also exactly the kind of fixture where, maybe due to a lack of respect for the oppo, we've under performed and the oppo have raised their game (because they're playing us)    :(

I expect a win but not in the manner or by the margins that some in here are predicting.

I'm visualising a nervy 3-1 win, our third goal coming in the last ten mins as QPR press for the equalizer.

I'd take a simple 1-0 to be honest.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:27 pm

These are poor though, I know we haven't exactly been tearing up tree's ourselves but all the same you'd think we'd have too much for them, especially if Sturridge is back.
We just need to string a few wins together to build some confidence and get some belief back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Im expecting QPR to suddenly hit form and play the best game of their lives................their keeper is gonna have a worldy.

2-1 even
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:35 pm

would be seriously disappointed if we couldn't muster up a win against this lot. even though we are not in form we should have more than enough to put them away and look convincing about it by keeping a clean sheet.
2.0 considering our crappy form of late would be a great result.
hopefully there is not going to be too much tinkering going on and balotelli remains up top with sturridge.

mingy

johnson               skrtel                 lovren           moreno

hendo

sterling                                         lallana

gerrard

sturridge            balotelli

i would have picked manquillo but rodg is bound to go with humpty dumpty. id play gerrard in the hole so as to get as much pressure on them as early as possible and get that early goal. haul him off in the 6oth for can who can then drop back and let hendo chase it down the other end. lallana and sterling offer our best width and hopefully the two boys up top are M&S quality.
coming away with anything less than 3 points is unthinkable.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:40 am

Rodgers: “Daniel has pulled his calf. He’s looking at being out for another 2 to 4 weeks. It’s a big blow."

:(
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:44 am

Rumoured starting 11 for tomorrow. If it’s correct, looks like Rodgers is holding a few back for Wednesday what with Madrid having an extra day to recover.                         

Mignolet

Johnson     Skrtel     Lovren     Enrique

Lucas
       Henderson              Allen
                       Lallana

Balotelli     Borini
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:40 pm

We will win five nil easy because we a d boss, Johnson will score and Skrtel will get a few because he's Mega, he will be amazing defensively too and migno let will be world class. Yay the pool
Clap clap clap
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:14 am

I've a good feeling about this. Sticking my neck out here QPR 0 Liverpool 5 Balotelli 2, Gerrard, Stirling and Lambert
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby shakey » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:41 am

Got a feeling we will make hardwork of this game!
Hopefully play two up front!
shakey

Postby Red Focus » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:29 am

On paper, this game is winnable and the whole world are expecting Liverpool to thrash qpr. I would hold the same opinion if we still have the SAS but for me I am not expecting a big win and any win will do, even a 1-0. Because no one can argue that without Sturridge, we're struggling to get the goals coming. Balotelli recently said his best position was playing behind 2 front strikers meaning he's not an out all centre forward and we're putting the wrong man for the wrong job. I am curious to find out whether Brendan will pick Balo or Lambert in the starting lineup.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:42 am

Pig Catcher » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:44 am wrote:Rumoured starting 11 for tomorrow. If it’s correct, looks like Rodgers is holding a few back for Wednesday what with Madrid having an extra day to recover.                         

Mignolet

Johnson     Skrtel     Lovren     Enrique

Lucas
       Henderson              Allen
                       Lallana

Balotelli     Borini

The midfield looks athletic, it's just a question if the likes of Lucas and Allen can hit the ground running after so little game time. Not sure on Borini either, he's due a goal and maybe today is his day but personally I'd rather see someone like Coutinho or Markovic given the opportunity to play themselves into a bit of form.
I suppose one thing Borini does give you is work rate, can't fault the lad for that he grafts his @rse off which comes in handy away from home.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Confirmed XI

Mignolet
Johnson
Skrtel
Lovren
Enrique
Can
Henderson
Gerrard
Lallana
Sterling
Balotelli

Methinks we could see a return to Gerard in an advanced role today. Exciting!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games