MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:35 pm

I think if we took Suarez Sturridge Coutinho Sterling and Gerrard out of the team we would probably get relegated. Stu, just when I think it impossible for you to come out with anymore ***** you come out with another little gem. We might just go four points off the top tomorrow !!! Cheer up mate for fks sake  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:05 pm wrote:
You mean Coutinho who isn't as good as Oscar, Sakho who is a waste of money and Sturridge who should be a bench warmer?
Who would have thought those 3 no hopers would have contributed to our good season thus far?

Another f*ckwitted post.

Because I say Coutinho is not as good as Oscar does that mean I'm saying he's poor?
Because I believe we're better with one upfront and Suarez is better than Sturridge that means he's now poor?
And because I dared to suggest Sahko shown promise in half of the games he's played means my initial judgement that we could have got better for less is wrong?

:laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:11 am

devaney » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:35 pm wrote:I think if we took Suarez Sturridge Coutinho Sterling and Gerrard out of the team we would probably get relegated. Stu, just when I think it impossible for you to come out with anymore ***** you come out with another little gem. We might just go four points off the top tomorrow !!! Cheer up mate for fks sake  :laugh:

Again you're totally missing the point.

The point I was making is that the brilliance of two players is papering over the cracks of the first 11 not being good enough and the squad being weak.

The likes of Spurs and Everton have 8 or 9 good players. We only have 3 or 4, it just so happens we have a world beater and another lad who'd walk into their sides with a blind fold on that bridges the gap.

If we had 8 or 9 good players with Suarez and Coutinho in there we'd be a hell of a lot closer to first (if not in first).
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 am

In fact, to be honest, I'm starting to get a bit fed up of posting on here as I like to talk football with people that actually have a clue about more what's in their own back yard.

Unfortunately, most of the "fans" on here just want to sh*g all of Liverpool's players and wax lyrical about how they're the best in the world (even though they've never actually watched anyone else).

I had one the other week telling Allen was as good as Cabaye and Coutinho was better than Hazard... :laugh:

Kind of sums up the attitude of most on here. At the end of the day, if Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Sturridge, Johnson and Mignolet were all as good as made out... then Liverpool would be top of the league by a mile.

Instead we sit fourth, that must mean then (assuming all those players are "the best in their positions") that Suarez and Coutinho aren't as good as people make out...

Or that the manager is a pile of ***** as he can't win the league with a team full of fantastic players.

I don't quite understand how we can have a fantastic manager, a great transfer policy, the best centre half in the league, a goalkeeper better than Reina, the best centre midfielders in the league, the worlds "two" best strikers and a magician behind them yet still find ourselves only five points ahead of Everton...

I guess Gerrard must be a disgrace and mean its like playing with 10 men for most games then or something!  :Oo:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:23 am

Stu me old mucker I'm not missing the point. How could I you repeat it at every opportunity. If you took the likes of Suarez and Coutinho out of any team the results would be fairly obvious so the point you are making is a bit bleedin obvious.

To be frank mate I'd take a bit of enthusiasm any day instead of choosing the next player to castigate which seems to be your raisin detr'e. Talking football is one thing and you make some very interesting contributions which I enjoy. Conversely however when you get on your incredibly high horse about certain players it just gets a bit tedious.

Nobody would have given us a cat in hells chance of being four points off the top if the results go our way tomorrow at this stage of the season. So please don't come out with a load of utter garbage about being way out in front simply because some fans have actually given some of the lads slightly more credit than they deserve.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:34 am

At least you finally acknowledge it.

To be honest, I like balance and reality.

Hence the reason I have a pop at those calling Gerrard a "liability" and Sturridge "world class", and also why I chose to defend Cissokho slighly in his thread.

When I see a W*nk fest over players that don't deserve it, it grates, the same as going over the top with certain players stating that they're far worse than they are.

I have no problem with people calling Johnson a "mercenary" or a waste of space, I have no problem with people telling me Skrtel is a premier league standard defender, when people start talking about them as being the best at what they do then it just becomes f*cking pathetic to be honest.

There were even numpties on here telling me the likes of Lucas were better than Gareth Barry a few weeks ago... these same tool's then castigate anyone who disagree's with Spaniard, who tried to sign Barry to REPLACE Alonso... Instead Barry listened to some critisism of the Spaniard and chose to go and win a title at Man City instead.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:56 am

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:07 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:05 pm wrote:
You mean Coutinho who isn't as good as Oscar, Sakho who is a waste of money and Sturridge who should be a bench warmer?
Who would have thought those 3 no hopers would have contributed to our good season thus far?

Another f*ckwitted post.

Because I say Coutinho is not as good as Oscar does that mean I'm saying he's poor?
Because I believe we're better with one upfront and Suarez is better than Sturridge that means he's now poor?
And because I dared to suggest Sahko shown promise in half of the games he's played means my initial judgement that we could have got better for less is wrong?

:laugh:

Put talk sport on now stu, your man Oscar is getting ripped to f##k by Chelsea fans who are saying he's been shyte for ages.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:08 am

Moved to Coutinho thread x
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:43 am

Stu I know where you are coming from but isn't being overly critical of certain players just as bad as being overly enthusiastic. Neither is a real situation which you say is your preference. Is it also a real situation to defend a player like Cissoko. I'm fairly certain only a Liverpool supporter would do that at the moment and not necessarily for the right reasons. Mind you after you defended him you did go on to say he was a donkey  :laugh: We've all got opinions and at times they will cause disagreement. That is what football is all about. Most people will not agree with your scathing assessments of Skrtel and Lucas in the same way that you don't agree with the pedestals and halos that are bestowed upon Sturridge and Coutino.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:43 am

Hiya Stu. Hope you're well.

I hate going head to head with people, but why are you still doing 'that thing'? Am I missing the point? But why, when the team is on a high, do you see sense in discussing how shallow the squad is, or the merits of getting shot of our centre backs? This is our team. Skrtel just netted two goals as we demolished a rival. Aggers proved a great servant over the years. Why, oh why would we dismantle our team when we're doing well? I stopped posting because of this nonsense. Its not, logical, relevant, or even worthy of debate is it? Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. If so, then my apologies.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:13 am

RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:43 am wrote:Hiya Stu. Hope you're well.

I hate going head to head with people, but why are you still doing 'that thing'? Am I missing the point? But why, when the team is on a high, do you see sense in discussing how shallow the squad is, or the merits of getting shot of our centre backs? This is our team. Skrtel just netted two goals as we demolished a rival. Aggers proved a great servant over the years. Why, oh why would we dismantle our team when we're doing well? I stopped posting because of this nonsense. Its not, logical, relevant, or even worthy of debate is it? Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. If so, then my apologies.

If you don't think its worthy of debate, then don't debate it.

You may think that wanting to improve is when things are going quite well is mean and harsh and the workings of a nasty man... I however believe in not resting on your laurel's and stagnating and striving for perfection. I want us to become a top team and players like Skrtel who is an average premier league defender and Agger who's appearance record for Liverpool is not far off my own aren't the types of players who are going to win you leagues. To be quite honest, the only reason we are were we are is because we have a freak in our team who is probably a drug cheat as his performances are that ridiculously good. He is single handedly at times masking everyone elses weaknesses with his displays of sheer brilliance.

Also, if you think a team that concede's well over a goal a game is going to win the league any time soon then you're mistaken. This year and last has seen the worst standard of defending and worst midfield players in the league for a long time. Make no mistake, next season we won't get the same chance. It will be do or die and I absolutely guarantee you, Chelsea and Man City will improve considerably next season and it wouldn't suprise me if Spurs and Arsenal did too. Utd will also have money to spent in the summer and if its spent properly they have enough quality there too build a league winning side even if the manager does lack tactical knowledge.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:56 am

For the record, I'm not debating anything with you. Your area of debate is if's and maybe's. I'll debate the facts, and opinions based on facts, and even any branch off further than that.

So let's look at the facts. Martin Skrtel is in fact a professional footballer at a very high level on the domestic stage. He's also highly regarded across Europe and has a buttload of international caps.

But there's another kind of footballer. The kind who kicks a ball around. Some have great skills. I watch Sunday league matches and see lads with an awesome shot on them. Seen some great free kicks, some lovely passes. These guys are good players in their own right. But they're not professionals, and for 999 cases in 1000, they're not professionals for a good reason.

Now another type comes to mind, often seen in Sunday league too. This guy 'plays football' but he's no footballer. He's that big f*** who sat at the bar all last night, the tattoo'd, beer bellied guy who went for a kebab on his way home. He's in the team because he wants to be. That's all. But he's got his uses. The lads from the other team are plopping themselves. The guys got red eyes and a hang over. Can still smell the garlic sauce. They ain't going near him. He has another use. He loves head butting people in his spare time, and has been known to break knees. We'll stick him in defence. It'll be a laugh if nothing else.

Anyway, the moral to this smokey philosophy is that Skrtel is a good defender. There are better defenders in the world, but lots of worse ones too. We don't have any of the best ones. We just have those that we have and they're doing a pretty good job by most folks reckoning
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:24 am

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 pm wrote:In fact, to be honest, I'm starting to get a bit fed up of posting on here as I like to talk football with people that actually have a clue about more what's in their own back yard.

Unfortunately, most of the "fans" on here just want to sh*g all of Liverpool's players and wax lyrical about how they're the best in the world (even though they've never actually watched anyone else).

I had one the other week telling Allen was as good as Cabaye and Coutinho was better than Hazard... :laugh:

Kind of sums up the attitude of most on here. At the end of the day, if Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Sturridge, Johnson and Mignolet were all as good as made out... then Liverpool would be top of the league by a mile.

Instead we sit fourth, that must mean then (assuming all those players are "the best in their positions") that Suarez and Coutinho aren't as good as people make out...

Or that the manager is a pile of ***** as he can't win the league with a team full of fantastic players.

I don't quite understand how we can have a fantastic manager, a great transfer policy, the best centre half in the league, a goalkeeper better than Reina, the best centre midfielders in the league, the worlds "two" best strikers and a magician behind them yet still find ourselves only five points ahead of Everton...

I guess Gerrard must be a disgrace and mean its like playing with 10 men for most games then or something!  :Oo:

So are you suggesting you're going to fuc.k off then??

Don't get our hopes up
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 am

I cant believe we are having a debate over if Skrtel is good enough after back to back great performances and two goals against top of the league Arsenal

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 am

Come on SCS no need for that. Stu has some very interesting thought provoking moments. Admittedly like all of us he has the capacity to be an unnecessarily argumentative git but his contribution far outweighs his moments of candour. Importantly he also has a sense of humour. Let's face it he's got you down as a airline steward and you reckon he's a legend in his own lunchbox  :laugh: It all adds to the fun and should not be taken that seriously. I certainly don't agree with everything he says but I do find him, like yourself, entertaining and this forum needs a bit of that.

I think his criticism of certain players is simply down to frustration as a result of the ridiculous rewards some of them get for not consistently performing at the expected level. On that I have to agree with Stu and for a while it certainly stopped me from going to matches as often as I used to. If they couldn't be bothered to make the effort then why should I was my simplistic logic. If I had played at any sort of professional level I'm sure I would feel equally aggrieved. It's a crazy game and when you consider that Sam Alardyce is the 13th best paid manager in the world then that just about says it all. Having said all that I don't agree with Stu's scathing comments about Lucas and Skrtel which can be only regarded as over the top.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext