Why is nothing happening?! - All quiet on the transfer front...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:07 pm

Penguins wrote:Manure have brought in 4! £15m+ players and won the league by 20+ pts.

manure won the league before they bought those 4 players and besides, why bother about what they do? it seems like you are adopting a very chelski-like mindset.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:14 pm

Penguins wrote:I want 2 top class wingers until I'm satisfied and yes top class means 2 more 15m+ signings.
If not we can forget the league.

Ok, you forget the league and get back to those computer games.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Why don't you stfu you ****.

Only thing you post are insults nowadays.

Grow up!

There is no way we will win the league with those players we've got.

We got 1 quality signing done thing summer, Torres.

The rest are not even close!

Babel is 20 years old and hasn't really produced anything in his career yet. A great prospect, but a prospect.

Benayoun, Voronin?
Are those the players to bring home the league then you are a stupid. Yes, stupid.

Manure already got Rooney, Ronaldo last season. With their skill and creativity they got the league. We were lacking that last year and we have not done much to help on that front at all.

Manure then bring in Tevez, Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson for huge amounts and we answer with Benayoun and Voronin.
And go ahead and be obilivious and believe those players will get the league.

You are pathetic.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Ray Pugh » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:46 pm

Penguins wrote:We got 1 quality signing done thing summer, Torres.

Babel is 20 years old and hasn't really produced anything in his career yet. A great prospect, but a prospect.

Benayoun, Voronin?
Are those the players to bring home the league then you are a stupid. Yes, stupid.

Manure already got Rooney, Ronaldo last season. With their skill and creativity they got the league. We were lacking that last year and we have not done much to help on that front at all.

Manure then bring in Tevez, Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson for huge amounts and we answer with Benayoun and Voronin.

I agree that Torres is the only real quality signing, although I am still excited by Babel. Benayoun and Voronin may prove me wrong but they are still "nothing" signings with regards to winning the league.

However I have heard it stated by many that to add to Rooney and Ronaldo Manure have now gone and got 3 quality big money signings in (Tevez has NOT signed yet). OK Hargreaves is a proven player (although the majority of England fans would have said he was cr*p 2 years ago, not me of course). But the thing that really narks me is that Nani and Anderson are NOT proven they are prospects just like Babel. Just because they cost 4-5 million more than Babel do they suddenly become class signings?!!

All this said though I still think we have not signed the 2-3 world class signings we needed
Ray Pugh

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:47 pm

Penguins wrote:Why don't you stfu you ****.

Grow up!

Benayoun, Voronin?

You are pathetic.

How about you get back to playing your American 'soccer' games?

I think you're a joke, the most pathetic poster on this forum who knows nothing about Liverpool or football as a whole.

You dismiss the title already, you focus on manure and put the sh!ts up yerself by thinking about Rooney or Tevez.

You are alarmist, negative, unrealistic, and incredibly thick.

Now kindly feck off.

p.s. Why are you so angry? Did God sh!t on you when you were born?
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:56 pm

I don't understand the alarmism. I don't think we've finnished our stuff in the market yet, and Torres signing has proved that "we've got no budget" rumours are false.

Any decent player would be chuffed to be the wing man of a team that's growing with a spine with the likes of Reina, Carra, Alonso, Gerrard, and Torres. LFC is a current CL finalist, LFC has more money than in the last years, LFC is breaking transfer records, so I don't think that if Rafa thinks we need to strenghten the squad we won't achieve that.

I think that a couple of names more are going to come, the summer is long. Unless I've missed some quotes this days of Rafa saying we're over in the spending (it's been hot here and I avoided the computer).
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:27 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Penguins wrote:Why don't you stfu you ****.

Grow up!

Benayoun, Voronin?

You are pathetic.

How about you get back to playing your American 'soccer' games?

I think you're a joke, the most pathetic poster on this forum who knows nothing about Liverpool or football as a whole.

You dismiss the title already, you focus on manure and put the sh!ts up yerself by thinking about Rooney or Tevez.

You are alarmist, negative, unrealistic, and incredibly thick.

Now kindly feck off.

p.s. Why are you so angry? Did God sh!t on you when you were born?

What are you basing all this trashtalk about me on?

You are just throwing insult after insult with no foundation at all.

American soccer games? What is that all about?

I know nothing about Liverpool?
What are you basing that on?
I've been a Liverpool fan for over 20 years and I know quite alot about the club.

I am an alarmist?

Liverpool has spent 15 million each season the last 3 years Rafa has been in charge.
This season Rafa spent 18 million. Then just cause we sold alot of players it looks like we have spent so much money.
These are facts and not some unrealistic stuff.
We have gone on the last 15 years saying we need those 2-3 quality players to get us even close to that title.
Nothing has changed when it comes to this.

So be brought in Torres, a quality signing that will help us now.

Do you honestly think Benayoun and Babel are those 2 other quality signings that will bring home no 19?
Benayoun is hardly better than Garcia and will bring half the amount of goals if lucky.
Babel will need a few years before he is ready to deliver at the highest level.
So basically Torres is the one who will improve the squad.
You think that will be enough?

Where am I wrong in this post?
How can you expect the title with 1 class signing when all our rivals are improving?
Why the optimism all of a sudden?
We haven't done much at all really in the market.
Rafa is building something here for the future and it will take some years before we're ready to challenge.

Real kind of you to show how a mature poster you are.
I will not stoop so low.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:55 pm

Penguins wrote:What are you basing all this trashtalk about me on?

I've been a Liverpool fan for over 20 years and I know quite alot about the club.

I am an alarmist?

Liverpool has spent 15 million each season the last 3 years Rafa has been in charge.
This season Rafa spent 18 million. Then just cause we sold alot of players it looks like we have spent so much money.
We have gone on the last 15 years saying we need those 2-3 quality players to get us even close to that title.

Do you honestly think Benayoun and Babel are those 2 other quality signings that will bring home no 19?
Benayoun is hardly better than Garcia and will bring half the amount of goals if lucky.

How can you expect the title with 1 class signing when all our rivals are improving?
Rafa is building something here for the future and it will take some years before we're ready to challenge.

I will not stoop so low.

"Trashtalk"  :laugh:  Translation Bob?

There you go on your moral trip, and yet, you were the one who spat his dummy out over an innocuous comment.

I think it's you who needs to learn about maturity.

You know nothing about Liverpool, based on what I have seen you post so far - American-esque narrow minded computer game type posts.

You are an alarmist, why?...........

You account for Manure signing a few quality players and sound the sirens of defeat immediately because of it. This is typically narrow minded, why? Because you don't account for other factors such as:

a) Giggs and Scholes were pivotal last year but I consider it unlikely they will reach the same level and they will be a year older. Remember before Scholes he was injured the season before last? - very mediocre.

b) Nani and Anderson are young, inexperienced but talented, remember Ronaldo in his first season? Flashy, but inneffective. I consider these two to take at least a season if not two to adapt fully. An improvement in talent, but not necessarily performance.

c) Their new signings will, in all likelihood, cause selection problems for them. Tevez and Rooney - very similar and both will want to play. Who plays in midfield, Carrick or Hargreaves? Will Hargreaves adapt and settle? Where will Anderson play? Nani?

d) The core of our team will have another years experience, we have a quality midfield, our defence is solid, all we need is character and a little more quality up front for our away games.

e) We have a top young striker, our first £20m+ signing. He is highly motivated and will settle in easier due to his Spanish mates already at the club.

f) There will be no World Cup to hinder our pre-season.

g) Kewell will be fit, Pennant more settled and Babel and Benayoun will compliment our attacking options nicely. However, it is NOT the end of the transfer window yet - we expect at least one more signing before the end.

Why the optimism? Because I believe we are more than capable of challenging for the league this season, with less rotation (see Mick) and that extra experience and quality up front I believe we will be able to sustain a challenge. The transfer window has not finished - again - another mark of your alarmism.

You choose to be narrow minded, negative and a guy who sits in a foreign country and who almost wishes we don't do well just to prove your point.

Mascherano - another mark of your alarmism - you think he may swan his way off to the mancs or Chelski after this season and speculate until the Highland cows come home on the fee or potential fee..... you are Mr speculator - but one who is an alarmist and has no balance to his views.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:22 pm

I cant be arsed writing long posts like that, life is too short and there are too many pubs to visit and women to :censored::cool:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

I'd like to see two more signings. Heinze would be a real result, and if we could then add another flair attacking player, possibly a right winger, I reckon it's a good summer's work in the transfer market.

A lot of people have looked at Benayoun as a nothing signing, but I think that's staggeringly short-sighted. He had a pretty nothing-y season, but West Ham were so poor and so unsettled for most of the year that it must have been a really difficult place to play. I like Tevez, but he's being feted as god's gift to attacking football, yet only scored something like 7 goals. Let's not forget that he was very, very average for quite some time last season before he suddenly won he fans over.

Yossi is quality, and if he can find his consistency, he's capable of becoming more than a bit-part option.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Penguins » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:39 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Penguins wrote:What are you basing all this trashtalk about me on?

I am an alarmist?

I will not stoop so low.

"Trashtalk"  :laugh:  Translation Bob?

There you go on your moral trip, and yet, you were the one who spat his dummy out over an innocuous comment.

I think it's you who needs to learn about maturity.

You know nothing about Liverpool, based on what I have seen you post so far - American-esque narrow minded computer game type posts.

You are an alarmist, why?...........

You account for Manure signing a few quality players and sound the sirens of defeat immediately because of it. This is typically narrow minded, why? Because you don't account for other factors such as:

a) Giggs and Scholes were pivotal last year but I consider it unlikely they will reach the same level and they will be a year older. Remember before Scholes he was injured the season before last? - very mediocre.

b) Nani and Anderson are young, inexperienced but talented, remember Ronaldo in his first season? Flashy, but inneffective. I consider these two to take at least a season if not two to adapt fully. An improvement in talent, but not necessarily performance.

c) Their new signings will, in all likelihood, cause selection problems for them. Tevez and Rooney - very similar and both will want to play. Who plays in midfield, Carrick or Hargreaves? Will Hargreaves adapt and settle? Where will Anderson play? Nani?

d) The core of our team will have another years experience, we have a quality midfield, our defence is solid, all we need is character and a little more quality up front for our away games.

e) We have a top young striker, our first £20m+ signing. He is highly motivated and will settle in easier due to his Spanish mates already at the club.

f) There will be no World Cup to hinder our pre-season.

g) Kewell will be fit, Pennant more settled and Babel and Benayoun will compliment our attacking options nicely. However, it is NOT the end of the transfer window yet - we expect at least one more signing before the end.

Why the optimism? Because I believe we are more than capable of challenging for the league this season, with less rotation (see Mick) and that extra experience and quality up front I believe we will be able to sustain a challenge. The transfer window has not finished - again - another mark of your alarmism.

You choose to be narrow minded, negative and a guy who sits in a foreign country and who almost wishes we don't do well just to prove your point.

Mascherano - another mark of your alarmism - you think he may swan his way off to the mancs or Chelski after this season and speculate until the Highland cows come home on the fee or potential fee..... you are Mr speculator - but one who is an alarmist and has no balance to his views.

While I disagree about me not "knowing anything about Liverpool" at least I got a post with something in it.

And what makes my posts "computer gamish"?

Aren't we all sitting by our computers giving our opinions on the club we love?

Well, at least you make some good points in this post.

a) While I agree Giggs might become less pivotal i'm not so sure Scholes will drop too much. Overall that might be true.

b) I have never mentioned Manure will become all that much greater next season with their additions bar maybe Tevez.
Nani, Anderson will need, like Babel for us, a few years before they start to produce regurlarly.
Hargreaves will help with squad depth and such but with Carrick there both can't play. In short, I agree.

c) Well, for me great players will adapt with great players.
I'd think both would start up front most games.
But good for us if it doesn't pan out.

d) Hmm, good points. But I just fear an over rotation on that huge amount of players we've got. Our defense is more than solid but is lacking a bit supporting the attack.
I still see a need for a quality winger which hasn't really been fixed. Especially with such a defensive minded central midfield which we have. This is especially apparent in our away games.
Who will score the goals from midfield?

e) Ya, Torres will get all the help he needs and has the attributes to succeed. But I just hope the midfield will give him the support he needs.

f) Ya, sure helps. And hopefully we might get a better start...

g) I just can't count on Kewell still. Call it a bad habit.
I do think that Pennant will continue his good form.
Benayoun will replace Garcia and even if he does get fewer goals he might be just as good anyway. An unpredicable player which can be both good or bad.

Sure, it is looking a bit better than last season, but challenging this season?
Not that I'm disagreeing about less rotation but I just can't see it happen with so many players vying for playing time.
I do love to be proven wrong but Rafa just loves it.
I feel though that even more important than rotation is the attacking mentality of the team, especailly in away games.
That overly cautious approach just will not work.
But also less rotation maybe means the players feel more comfortable in those games.

Ya, maybe 1 more signing on one of the flanks would make me very happy if there is room for one. That creative quality is something I find very important. can always hope.

And I do hope we do well, but is 1 quality signing really going to bridge the gap to Chelski and Manure? Both have improved, even if not by much, but have we taken 2 steps while they have taken 1?
I do believe in what Rafa is trying to build cause he is a great manager and if he can add 1 quality signing each summer then sooner or later the title will be back at Anfield.
But this season will be a stretch IF we won't bring in another  player which will help the team's lack of creativity.

But hey, I'm happy as long as we progress and Rafa is allowed to continue his project. If Rafa can't then I wonder who can.

And about Masch. I was only trying to point out that he wasn't a Liverpool player yet and there is a chance we could loose him. I didn't say he will leave or that we would loose him.
And MSI are greedy :censored: who only cares about cash which makes it a bit uncertain also...

But I do beg that Rafa somehow got a set price for him when we got him on that loan.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:07 am

Penguins wrote:And about Masch. I was only trying to point out that he wasn't a Liverpool player yet and there is a chance we could loose him. I didn't say he will leave or that we would loose him.
And MSI are greedy :censored: who only cares about cash which makes it a bit uncertain also...

Have to agree with you there matey, Macherano, Tevez etc.. aren't here to play football, they're here to make money. I fear we'll enjoy Machers company for the new season then he'll be off somewhere else. Rather link ManUre signing Tevez on loan - milk the cow then move on.

There have been some great foreign players in the premiership over the years Droghba, Ronaldo, Henry, Dalglish etc.. but I dont think you can compare these two Argentine lads to the mature players who have been in the Uk for the last 15 years. Time will tell.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Reg wrote:
Penguins wrote:And about Masch. I was only trying to point out that he wasn't a Liverpool player yet and there is a chance we could loose him. I didn't say he will leave or that we would loose him.

Have to agree with you there matey, Macherano, Tevez etc.. aren't here to play football, they're here to make money. I fear we'll enjoy Machers company for the new season then he'll be off somewhere else. Rather link ManUre signing Tevez on loan - milk the cow then move on.

There have been some great foreign players in the premiership over the years Droghba, Ronaldo, Henry, Dalglish etc.. but I dont think you can compare these two Argentine lads to the mature players who have been in the Uk for the last 15 years. Time will tell.

What is all this cack based on ? ???
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:36 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Reg wrote:

Living in Brazil and Argentina 7 years and knowing the people a damn site better than you.

Whats your cack based on, cackhead?    :rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:59 pm

Reg wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Reg wrote:

Living in Brazil and Argentina 7 years and knowing the people a damn site better than you.

Whats your cack based on, cackhead?    :rasp

Ah right so you living in these countries (if you actually have) means you are know them personally  :laugh:

That means me Stevie and Carra are big mates as well and i am obviously able to say what kind of people they are.  :rasp

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill