Last day predictions - Any transfer movement today?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:51 pm

Just think this stadium has got us skint TBH and I dont think we will make a big major signing even in the summer, still no sign of investment.
And maybe Robbie was a sweetner cause no RW was coming in, and incase there was an uproar over the under performing strikers currently at the club that a world class striker wasnt bought.
Best way to get round the Liverpool faithfull bring back the Legend for free.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:54 pm

Yeah it looks like danny is going to Spurs, they have a shortage of midfielders and hge is guarenteed to play every game :p
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:56 pm

Liverpool look set to follow up the surprise signing of Robbie Fowler with a sensational swoop for Steve Mcmanaman. Beneitez has managed to tempt Mcmanaman out of retirement and team up with his good friend Fowler. He is expected to sign a 6 month contract on a pay as you play basis, with the offer of a one year extension if both parties agree.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:59 pm

1 WHOLE hour left.
will rafa and ricko pull something out of the bag?!?!?!?!?

probally not. im goin to bed! :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:23 am

So unless Rafa a bit of a sadist and enjoys watching us squirm, with 35 minutes to go its highly unlikely that there will be any last minute surprises.  That means our transfer window activity has resuted in Agger,Kronkamp and Fowler in with just Pongo of note being loaned out.

I reckon that goes a long way to resolving 75% of our (the forum's) concerns over lack of cover at the back, scoring portential and the elusive missing right winger.

If Rafa can secure a rightwinger in the summer and maybe the addition of a long term solution to our striking needs we'll definately have the squad to challenge for the trop spot next season.

Tell you what though, when Rafa finally does settle for a right winger he's 100% happy with and manage to conclude the deal, the player would want to be something pretty special to be worth the wait...
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:56 am

Ah well thats it for another few months
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:57 am

Danny has gone to spurs
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:16 am

according to the tribal web site  late last night liverpool tried to do a straight swap deal cisse for defoe  but it was rejected...not sure about the purity of that web site though, most likely bull sh.it  but i would have loved it to have happened  :(

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:34 am

Im actually not to annoyed that we have'nt signed a C/M!
Ok it would have been great if we did,but obviously theres no-one available at the moment that Raffa feels fits the bill for the right money!
He has showed yet again that he will not pay over the odds and i think he should be respected for this!

Stevie can cover on the right to the end of the seson and we have enough options in C/M ! We have got Robbie back and Agger in at C/M also Krompkamp for L/B so basically we are looking better than we have done for a lomg time!

The way our strikers have been lately i would have beedn more annoyed if we had signed a R/M and not a goalscorer!
The futures looking better yet again! :)
66-1120597113

Postby matrix » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:09 am

Unbelieveable though that weve failed to sign a RW in two transfer windows considering we had 7 targets

i couldnt agree more ciggy   this deserved to be a topic all on its own  no rw  in 1 year  jesus christ im pis.sed off  we needed a right winger big time  :(

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:43 am

Although disappointed not to have secured a RM in the Jan transfer window I agree with BarryBelfast that we are a far better out fit than this time last year. Rafa is not going to be held to ransom on players and only wants players who want to play for LFC.

Lets look on the positive side of things....

Compared to our closest rivals we have strengthened in the window, we have a fully fit squad, a fairly settled team and lots to look forward too in 2006. Agger and Kromkamp speak English and, from what I've seen play an english type of game. Fowler will improve the squad. My only disappointment is Pongolle leaving on loan!!

Look at the following facts:

Man Utd - Signed 2 defenders in the Jan window. They desperately needed midfielders though
Spurs - plenty of action in the Jan window but with 15 midfielders!!! Jol has to integrate these multi-nationals into the squad
Arsenal - decent activity in window but not players(young boys) who are not going to impact their season massively.

Lets look forward to getting back on track and pushing on until the end of the season rather than dwell on what might have been!!!! 
:D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:32 pm

i just find it amazing that in two transfer windows we have been unable to sign a winger.........
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pakat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:01 pm

Yeah, I was a bit surprised as well.  There are tons of wingers like Shaun Wright-Philips, Pennant, Geremi
Pakat

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill