Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:40 am

HAMANN, PARTRIDGE and MORIENTES

Barcelona are reported to be pondering a surprise move for Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann when the transfer window reopens.

by: skysports

The Spanish giants are considering re-entering the transfer market in January to help ease a midfield crisis. With Edmilson and Thiago Motta long-term injury victims at Camp Nou Barca coach Frank Rijkaard is short of options in midfield. The Dutchman is keen to bring in a new midfielder in the New Year as he looks to keep Barca on the road to challenging for honours. Arsenal's Brazilian international Edu is believed to be Barca's top target to alleviate their midfield problems, although the Spanish club have played down their interest in the South American. Reports in Spain now suggest that Barca are drawing up a list of alternatives should they fail to lure Edu away from Highbury.

Hamann is believed to be among the list of targets to fill the defensive role in their midfield having missed out to Real Madrid for Argentine Javier Mascherano. The German's future at Liverpool is uncertain following the arrival and impact of summer signing Xabi Alonso. The former Newcastle man was even dropped from the starting line-up for his side's last game at Chelsea with Senegal international Salif Diao getting the nod ahead of him to start in midfield. Hamann was strongly linked with a move away from Merseyside during the summer and with his contract coming to an end next summer speculation is sure to intensify.

Liverpool could be prepared to sell him in January rather than risk losing him for nothing in the summer as it would raise more funds for Reds boss Rafa Benitez to spend himself in the transfer window.

PARTRIDGE TURNS DOWN MILLERS

by: 4thegame

Liverpool midfielder Richie Partridge is unwilling to join Rotherham United on loan because of the Millers' current lowly position. Rotherham boss Ronnie Moore is desperate to add some quality to his squad and saw Partridge as the ideal person to bring to Millmoor. However, the 24-year-old is not keen on joining the South Yorkshire side despite struggling to establish himself at Anfield.

"Rotherham are a progressive club with a good manager but Richie's got nothing to prove at that level," Partridge's agent Neil Sang told the Reds' official website.

"I've heard Nottingham Forest are also interested and I would expect Liverpool will be fine with whatever he decides.

"But perhaps a team like West Ham might be better for Richie - simply because of Rotherham's current plight."

Partridge has made just one appearance - in the Carling Cup - for Liverpool and spent most of the 2002-03 campaign on loan at Coventry City. He also spent a brief period on loan with Bristol Rovers at the end of the 2000-01 season. Rotherham are currently rock-bottom of the Championship table, having failed to win any of their opening 12 fixtures.

Benitez to make move for Morientes Oct 12 2004

By Andy Hunter, Daily Post

RAFAEL BENITEZ is planning a renewed bid for Fernando Morientes as he looks to strengthen his struggling strikeforce during the January transfer window. The Liverpool manager tried to sign the Real Madrid star this summer but was thwarted when the striker (left) pledged to support Jose Camacho in his first season at the Bernabeu. But Camacho's abrupt departure as Madrid coach has cast doubt on Morientes's long-term future and Liverpool are ready to test whether his resolve has been weakened by the managerial upheaval.

Michael Owen has been repeatedly linked with a return to Anfield in the transfer window even though FIFA rules prevent such a move until next summer. Benitez, however, remains anxious to improve his weakened attack and sees the experienced Spanish international as an ideal addition with Djibril Cisse and Milan Baros struggling and only Florent Sinama-Pongolle in support.

Speaking last month the Liverpool manager, who also wanted to bring Jonathan Woodgate to Anfield, revealed: "I wanted Morientes as part of the Owen deal but he had given his word to Camacho to stay and he kept it."

But with Camacho now out of the way and Morientes hurt by Madrid's decision to loan him to Monaco last season Benitez will test that commitment in two months' time. El Hadji Diouf, meanwhile, has been kicked out of the Senegal squad for going clubbing the night before their game with Liberia on Sunday. The unwanted Liverpool striker, currently on loan at Bolton, had only just returned to international duty following suspension but was axed by Senegal coach Guy Stephan for breaking disciplinary rules. Diouf's off-field antics hindered Liverpool's attempts to offload the £10million flop in the summer and this latest episode will not help their prospects of finding a permanent buyer next year.

Senegal coach Stephan, who resisted pleas from Diouf's teammates not to drop the striker, said: "He's a pro and should know the team rules, which demand rigour, discipline and punctuality."

Liverpool's Irish winger Ritchie Partridge has been offered the chance of regular first-team football by Coca-Cola League Championship side Rotherham. "We spoke to Liverpool about Ritchie Partridge but his agent has not been back to us yet," confirmed Millmoor manager Ronnie Moore.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:11 pm

I expressed the same opinion on a similar topic somewhere else on this forum, so in risk of repeating myself...

I hope that Didi will stay with Liverpool throughout his contract-period. Imo we are in need of his qualities as an anchorman, specially in matches against stronger opponants, as in CL. Biscan and Diao haven`t got what it takes to fill this role, and I don`t think Benitez will have another central mid as a top priority when strengthening the squad in January.

After all, how much money are Barca willing to offer for a aging player with the possibility to leave Anfield for free in 6 months. Considering him also being cup-tied, he would leave Liverpool practically for peanuts anyway, even if he is to exit in January.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:12 pm

cant believe Partidge is 24, still think of him as a 18 year old hot prospect! wonder if he'll ever get his chance
Adebisi

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:44 pm

Already in General Discussion :;):

With more replies :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:54 pm

Just read on Liverpool.no that there are rumours linking yet another striker to Anfield. This time it`s Inter Milans Julio Cruz. Further the same site reports Charlton interest for Henchoz.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:58 pm

sorry, i heard that didi wants to stay, and i dont blame him.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:43 pm

I think and hope Hamann will stay with us.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:22 pm

anfieldadorer wrote: HAMANN, PARTRIDGE and MORIENTES

Barcelona are reported to be pondering a surprise move for Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann when the transfer window reopens.

by: skysports

The Spanish giants are considering re-entering the transfer market in January to help ease a midfield crisis. With Edmilson and Thiago Motta long-term injury victims at Camp Nou Barca coach Frank Rijkaard is short of options in midfield. The Dutchman is keen to bring in a new midfielder in the New Year as he looks to keep Barca on the road to challenging for honours. Arsenal's Brazilian international Edu is believed to be Barca's top target to alleviate their midfield problems, although the Spanish club have played down their interest in the South American. Reports in Spain now suggest that Barca are drawing up a list of alternatives should they fail to lure Edu away from Highbury.

Hamann is believed to be among the list of targets to fill the defensive role in their midfield having missed out to Real Madrid for Argentine Javier Mascherano. The German's future at Liverpool is uncertain following the arrival and impact of summer signing Xabi Alonso. The former Newcastle man was even dropped from the starting line-up for his side's last game at Chelsea with Senegal international Salif Diao getting the nod ahead of him to start in midfield. Hamann was strongly linked with a move away from Merseyside during the summer and with his contract coming to an end next summer speculation is sure to intensify.

Liverpool could be prepared to sell him in January rather than risk losing him for nothing in the summer as it would raise more funds for Reds boss Rafa Benitez to spend himself in the transfer window.

PARTRIDGE TURNS DOWN MILLERS

by: 4thegame

Liverpool midfielder Richie Partridge is unwilling to join Rotherham United on loan because of the Millers' current lowly position. Rotherham boss Ronnie Moore is desperate to add some quality to his squad and saw Partridge as the ideal person to bring to Millmoor. However, the 24-year-old is not keen on joining the South Yorkshire side despite struggling to establish himself at Anfield.

"Rotherham are a progressive club with a good manager but Richie's got nothing to prove at that level," Partridge's agent Neil Sang told the Reds' official website.

"I've heard Nottingham Forest are also interested and I would expect Liverpool will be fine with whatever he decides.

"But perhaps a team like West Ham might be better for Richie - simply because of Rotherham's current plight."

Partridge has made just one appearance - in the Carling Cup - for Liverpool and spent most of the 2002-03 campaign on loan at Coventry City. He also spent a brief period on loan with Bristol Rovers at the end of the 2000-01 season. Rotherham are currently rock-bottom of the Championship table, having failed to win any of their opening 12 fixtures.

Benitez to make move for Morientes Oct 12 2004

By Andy Hunter, Daily Post

RAFAEL BENITEZ is planning a renewed bid for Fernando Morientes as he looks to strengthen his struggling strikeforce during the January transfer window. The Liverpool manager tried to sign the Real Madrid star this summer but was thwarted when the striker (left) pledged to support Jose Camacho in his first season at the Bernabeu. But Camacho's abrupt departure as Madrid coach has cast doubt on Morientes's long-term future and Liverpool are ready to test whether his resolve has been weakened by the managerial upheaval.

Michael Owen has been repeatedly linked with a return to Anfield in the transfer window even though FIFA rules prevent such a move until next summer. Benitez, however, remains anxious to improve his weakened attack and sees the experienced Spanish international as an ideal addition with Djibril Cisse and Milan Baros struggling and only Florent Sinama-Pongolle in support.

Speaking last month the Liverpool manager, who also wanted to bring Jonathan Woodgate to Anfield, revealed: "I wanted Morientes as part of the Owen deal but he had given his word to Camacho to stay and he kept it."

But with Camacho now out of the way and Morientes hurt by Madrid's decision to loan him to Monaco last season Benitez will test that commitment in two months' time. El Hadji Diouf, meanwhile, has been kicked out of the Senegal squad for going clubbing the night before their game with Liberia on Sunday. The unwanted Liverpool striker, currently on loan at Bolton, had only just returned to international duty following suspension but was axed by Senegal coach Guy Stephan for breaking disciplinary rules. Diouf's off-field antics hindered Liverpool's attempts to offload the £10million flop in the summer and this latest episode will not help their prospects of finding a permanent buyer next year.

Senegal coach Stephan, who resisted pleas from Diouf's teammates not to drop the striker, said: "He's a pro and should know the team rules, which demand rigour, discipline and punctuality."

Liverpool's Irish winger Ritchie Partridge has been offered the chance of regular first-team football by Coca-Cola League Championship side Rotherham. "We spoke to Liverpool about Ritchie Partridge but his agent has not been back to us yet," confirmed Millmoor manager Ronnie Moore.

good job you named yer source annie, coz some folk may accuse you of plagiarism  :D

lol
106-1093504160

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:46 am

they are all me judge
i got some journalistic names  :D
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:11 pm

i know all about that!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:13 pm

I heard that Hamman/Barca rumour before.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:23 pm

New rumour today is benitez is looking to bring back anelka, he done nothing today for man city but then again he got no service and looks really unhappy, I think he would be great for us a bit tempremental at times but im sure rafa would sort that problem out, I am also sure if he did come to us and cisse recovered we would have a fantastic strike partnership.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:09 am

We should never have let him go in the first place
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:15 am

True woolly should have kept him I would like to have him back.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:24 am

I still hope he buys Morientes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill