Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:48 pm

I suppose it's worth looking again at the fee given Villa have just paid 12 million quid for James Milner by all accounts. An absolutely staggering price for the player in my view. Although I must confess to having the utmost respect for Martin O'Neill as a manager (sorry that that goes against the grain somewhat on here) I can't help thinking he's way overpaid here, although Moyes was prepared to pay it as well. James Milner can't be worth 12 million quid, can he?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Almighty Red » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 pm

bigmick wrote:I suppose it's worth looking again at the fee given Villa have just paid 12 million quid for James Milner by all accounts. An absolutely staggering price for the player in my view. Although I must confess to having the utmost respect for Martin O'Neill as a manager (sorry that that goes against the grain somewhat on here) I can't help thinking he's way overpaid here, although Moyes was prepared to pay it as well. James Milner can't be worth 12 million quid, can he?

A) I agree that O'Neill's an outstanding manager- one of the League's best.
B) No one's worth £12,000,000, but even in football's inflated terms, Milner's no more than maybe an eight or nine million quid player. If Babel's worth eleven and Riera around eight or nine, then he can't be more than eight... surely?
Almighty Red

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill