Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby mistyred » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Jesus i'm still hoping that we have done a medical in spain and signed the contract over their and
the paperwork is being prossesed and nobody's cought wind of it yet.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:57 pm

I am flippin bored stiff. :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Reina
Johnson Carra Skrtel Aurelio
Kuyt Mascherano Aquilani Riera
Gerrard
Torres

Agger, Insua, Babel, Dossena, Voronin, Ngog, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Degen, El Zhar

Doesn't look too bad at all, I don't think we should be jumping off bridges just yet..
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Reina
Gerrard
Torres

Agger, Insua, Babel, Dossena, Voronin, Ngog, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Degen, El Zhar

Doesn't look too bad at all, I don't think we should be jumping off bridges just yet..

Ok the 1st team looks formidable, but with Babel,Dossena,Voronin and more alarmingly the totally inept Degan  on  the bench .....then what should we jump off ?   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Transfers - Spurs sign Kranjcar on deadline day - Eurosport  Tue, 01 Sep

Tottenham swooped for Portsmouth's Croatia midfielder Niko Kranjcar and Everton signed Dutch defender Johnny Heitinga on transfer deadline day.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp moved for Kranjcar after Croatian playmaker Luka Modric suffered a broken leg, which will keep him out for six weeks, against Birmingham on Saturday.

Everton signed Heitinga from Atletico Madrid for £6 million and agreed a five-year contract.

The 25-year-old follows French defender Sylvain Distin to Goodison Park as Toffees boss David Moyes strengthens his back-four after Joleon Lescott's move to Manchester City.

Atletico could eventually receive £7 million for the Holland international due to clauses in the terms of the deal.

Aston Villa spent £5 million pounds to sign Wales defender James Collins from West Ham.

Collins put pen to paper on a four-year contract and could make his debut against local rivals Birmingham on September 13.

"It's been a mad 24 hours since coming up here but I'm delighted to have it all sorted. It's a fantastic setting. I just can't wait to get cracking now," Collins said.

"Aston Villa is a massive club so, after coming here looking around the place it didn't take a lot of persuading on my part."

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart made a triple swoop for Watford centre-back Mike Williamson, Manchester City defender Tal Ben Haim and Benfica midfielder Hassan Yebda.

Israel international Ben Haim agreed a four-year contract and his free transfer will be rubber-stamped once he has been given a work permit.

The 27-year-old joins a team who are bottom of the Premier League after four successive defeats but he is determined to help them climb out of the relegation zone.

"It is a big challenge because after four games we have no points but I am ready for the challenge," Ben Haim said.

Hart could pair Ben Haim with Williamson, who cost £3 million pounds from Championship club Watford and agreed a four-year contract.

"He's a young, hungry centre-half, a big lad who is uncompromising and does the basics first," Hart said of Williamson.

Hart also landed Yebda from Portuguese club Benfica. The 25-year-old French-born Algerian has moved to Fratton Park on a season-long loan.

Elsewhere, Stoke City signed defender Danny Collins from Sunderland for £2.75 million although the fee for the 29-year-old could rise to £3.5 million.

Hull boss Phil Brown increased his defensive options by landing Senegal centre-back Ibrahima Sonko, 28, on a season-long loan from Stoke.

Bolton bolstered their forward line by signing Croatia striker Ivan Klasnic, 29, on a one-year loan from French club Nantes.

Wanderers boss Gary Megson said: "His goalscoring record is very good and he has an excellent pedigree at international level with Croatia and domestically in Europe."

Birmingham signed Finland midfielder Teemu Tainio, 29, on loan from Sunderland for the rest of the season.

Burnley signed Portsmouth striker David Nugent on a six-month loan deal, subject to Premier League clearance, and teenage prodigy Joe McKee from Livingston.

While Fulham swooped for Swedish striker David Elm on a one-year deal.
Last edited by Reg on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Depressing is the only word that springs to mind ... I know theres been lots of talk of lack of cash at the club, but still you can only pray for a massive coup on the last day and once again its not surfaced.

These American clowns are screwing us over
*_Ruthless_*

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Reina
Gerrard
Torres

It would be more than a miracle for that starting eleven to remain fit for the rest of the season. We'll need a hell of a lot of luck with injuries if we're going to challenge this season.

I'm surprised we haven't brought in some more cover for RB. Who are we going to play in Johnson's injured and Carra refuses to play there against Downing this season. That potentially cost us 3 points last year. Clearly not Skrtel. Mascherano? Darby?

As for strikers - no point even going into it.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 pm

I have to admit to having had some hope when driving this afternoon and hearing that Bentley may have been on his way to Liverpool.

OK...many will say he's overrated and "why would we want him when he can't get a game for Spurs" etc etc. My thoughts are quite simple. He would offer us something that we don't already have (i.e. an out and out right winger) and that would add an option to the squad that would allow Kuyt to join Torres upfront and Gerrard could then drop back in CM.

But...it didn't happen so we'll just have to "p*ss with the (wee) :censored: we've got" until the January window. ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 pm

You're grasping at straws there mate, you're a desparate man. I bet you voted for 'C'.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 pm

:D I'd rather go for 'Z' than sign Bentley!

fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:50 pm

FFS shes a Judge special !!!!! Aaaaaaaaaarrrrhhhhhhh !!!!!!!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 am

Liverpool

Anfield officials insist the club have spent a net £20 million on transfers this summer, which does not seem to correspond with incomings and outgoings, and there is a growing consensus that the squad has not been improved as much as may have been expected. One positive has been the retention of several star players, including Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, on long-term deals.

In: A Aquilani (Roma, £18m), G Johnson (Portsmouth, £18.5m), S Kyrgiakos (AEK Athens, £1.5m), A King (Rushden & Diamonds, nominal), C Mavinga (Paris Saint-Germain, undisc).

Out: X Alonso (Real Madrid, £30m), A Ajdarevic (Leicester City, nominal), P Anderson (Nottingham Forest, £250,000), A Hammill (Barnsley, undisc), J Hobbs (Leicester City, undisc), S Hyypia (Bayer Leverkusen, released), S Leto (Panathinaikos, £3m), R Threlfall (Northampton Town, loan).

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....801.ece
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:22 am

Late rumour was going on about david trezeguet 5 mil..Got a lil excited then..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 am

Reg wrote:Liverpool

Anfield officials insist the club have spent a net £20 million on transfers this summer, which does not seem to correspond with incomings and outgoings, and there is a growing consensus that the squad has not been improved as much as may have been expected. One positive has been the retention of several star players, including Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard, on long-term deals.

In: A Aquilani (Roma, £18m), G Johnson (Portsmouth, £18.5m), S Kyrgiakos (AEK Athens, £1.5m), A King (Rushden & Diamonds, nominal), C Mavinga (Paris Saint-Germain, undisc).

Out: X Alonso (Real Madrid, £30m), A Ajdarevic (Leicester City, nominal), P Anderson (Nottingham Forest, £250,000), A Hammill (Barnsley, undisc), J Hobbs (Leicester City, undisc), S Hyypia (Bayer Leverkusen, released), S Leto (Panathinaikos, £3m), R Threlfall (Northampton Town, loan).

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....801.ece

I think they have forgotten about Arbeloa £3.5million, and we also finally got shut of Pennant who was on £75k a week (when he wasn't out on loan)
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:19 am

we also brought in a German youngster named Sama.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill