Fernando torres ! - Buy him

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:41 pm

tommynax wrote:just aswell your not the manager wed be :censored: i n g relagated youll eat dose stupid :censored: i n g words if we sign him FACT :veryangry

"You'll eat dose stupid :censored: ing words"

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

It's Tony Soprano!   :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby europian-kings » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:43 pm

for all the people saying torres is not the solution for liverpool and that are suggesting other players, all i can say is that time will tell. i think he is an excellent striker and at 23 he is still 5 or 6 seasons away from his peek! i respect people decisions but i for one think he will do an excellent job for us!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:19 pm

Rush Job wrote:
matrix wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Can someone please explain to me how this guy is the solution for us, have you seen his stats? It took him about three seasons to make an assist. He's not a bad player dont get me wrong but eveyones going on as if he's Owen mark 2 when it would be easyer and cheaper to get mark 1 and you'd have a prolific scorer somethink Torres aint. I hate to resort to this but if he was english would Rafa be willing to shell out 25 mill. I of course would like to be proved wrong but at the moment i see another Cisse.

do you have another striker in mind...

torres is 23 years old,  he is still a baby...

he will improve there is no doubt about that...

more important he will join a team far  better than his current team...  he will look twice the player playing for liverpool...

torres has the world at his feet...    :;):

For 30 mill i can think of a few cant you? After reading your post my comparison with Cisse sadly seems stronger. Do you really think he can put them away ala Owen, Fowler or the great man him self  when he scores on av about 15  for his home club in his home league, he dosnt make hardly any assists, some seasons none although he plays every game, and he spends more time on his :censored: than Heskey. So come on convince me he's worth it, have you even seen the lad play?

mate,  make your own mind up,  i dont want us to rip each other's  head's   off over torres...

but some hear are missing the point on torres...

he aint here to score 30 goals a season...

he will make a lot of goals for us,  as well as score them...

the real problem at liverpool is that we have been blessed with natural world class strikers in the past,  thats the real problem,  those guys dont come around to often,  dalglish, rush, fowler, owen,   

i just want to state that i have seen torres plenty of times    :;):
Last edited by matrix on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:33 pm

tommynax wrote:just aswell your not the manager wed be :censored: i n g relagated youll eat dose stupid :censored: i n g words if we sign him FACT :veryangry

Yep ok weed defo get relegated without Torres, who is this tit anyway i only asked to be convinced. Look if he signs i'll back him 100% look back over my posts ive never slaged off our players all im saying is imo we could maybe do better for the amount of money. Now stop swearing and tell me what wrong with that you nob!
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:48 pm

ive just come back from madrid on a ciggy run and who was on the plane?Only Torres, i was sat next to him and he told me how much he is looking forward to playing for l.f.c.He ordered a bottle of champagne and got legless and started singing ring of fire and youll never walk alone befor the easyjet staff had to tell him about his behaviour.
roberto green

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:58 pm

matrix wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
matrix wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Can someone please explain to me how this guy is the solution for us, have you seen his stats? It took him about three seasons to make an assist. He's not a bad player dont get me wrong but eveyones going on as if he's Owen mark 2 when it would be easyer and cheaper to get mark 1 and you'd have a prolific scorer somethink Torres aint. I hate to resort to this but if he was english would Rafa be willing to shell out 25 mill. I of course would like to be proved wrong but at the moment i see another Cisse.

do you have another striker in mind...

torres is 23 years old,  he is still a baby...

he will improve there is no doubt about that...

more important he will join a team far  better than his current team...  he will look twice the player playing for liverpool...

torres has the world at his feet...    :;):

For 30 mill i can think of a few cant you? After reading your post my comparison with Cisse sadly seems stronger. Do you really think he can put them away ala Owen, Fowler or the great man him self  when he scores on av about 15  for his home club in his home league, he dosnt make hardly any assists, some seasons none although he plays every game, and he spends more time on his :censored: than Heskey. So come on convince me he's worth it, have you even seen the lad play?

mate,  make your own mind up,  i dont want us to rip each other's  head's   off over torres...

but some hear are missing the point on torres...

he aint here to score 30 goals a season...

he will make a lot of goals for us,  as well as score them...

the real problem at liverpool is that we have been blessed with natural world class strikers in the past,  thats the real problem,  those guys dont come around to often,  dalglish, rush, fowler, owen,   

i just want to state that i have seen torres plenty of times    :;):

Make my mind up about what? Look once again im not sayin the guys no good but the way people are going on like thats it were sorted up front is wrong, imo the higher our expertations are the more chance he will fail ( Cisse, Gonzales ) the big differance is they didnt cost close to 30m which brings its own presure. Look if he signs and starts poorly i be one of the guys saying give him time where half the folk gizin there draw over him now will be given it he's :censored: sack Rafa.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:12 pm

And how do you know he will "make lots of goals" four of the seven seasons he's played he didnt make one assist. And yes ive seen plenty of him thats how i know he's a good player, but 25+mill? is he the best we can get?
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 pm

Rush Job wrote:And how do you know he will "make lots of goals" four of the seven seasons he's played he didnt make one assist. And yes ive seen plenty of him thats how i know he's a good player, but 25+mill? is he the best we can get?

im going to be honest mate,  it will be a gamble, life is a gamble,  but we really just have to trust rafa on this one...

2 weeks ago  i thought we might sign darren bent...   ???

the money is high,  but its not easy these days to get a good striker on the cheap,  that is proven,  not that im saying torres is totally proven...

i will say that torres is a great prospect,  and i really hope it works...

and like you were saying  there will be people here who will blame rafa if he doesn't  show us the goods fairly quickly...

25 million is a shi.t load of money, and maybe no player is really worth that...

but thats football today, nani, 16 million. anderson, 15, million, bent 16, million...

but at the end of the day ive got to suport rafa if he signs torres...   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:10 pm

Rush Job wrote:And how do you know he will "make lots of goals" four of the seven seasons he's played he didnt make one assist. And yes ive seen plenty of him thats how i know he's a good player, but 25+mill? is he the best we can get?

sadly the reality is it does look like torres is the best we can get right now...

but hold your horses... we haven't even signed the bugger yet...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 am

matrix wrote:

im going to be honest mate,  it will be a gamble, life is a gamble,  but we really just have to trust rafa on this one...

2 weeks ago  i thought we might sign darren bent...   ???

the money is high,  but its not easy these days to get a good striker on the cheap,  that is proven,  not that im saying torres is totally proven...

i will say that torres is a great prospect,  and i really hope it works...

and like you were saying  there will be people here who will blame rafa if he doesn't  show us the goods fairly quickly...

25 million is a shi.t load of money, and maybe no player is really worth that...

but thats football today, nani, 16 million. anderson, 15, million, bent 16, million...

but at the end of the day ive got to suport rafa if he signs torres...   :;):

Yes i agree, and neither of us got our " head ripped off".  :D
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 am

matrix wrote:2 weeks ago  i thought we might sign darren bent...   ???

Now THAT is a bloody good point!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 am

maguskwt wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

sadly the reality is it does look like torres is the best we can get right now...

You think?  eventhough Hicks said on skysports ( cant remember word for word but when prest on available funds ) Rafa will get whatever funds he needs for whatever player, an unbelevable on the record statement to make. So is Torres the best we can get?                   :Oo:
Last edited by Rush Job on Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:01 am

Rush Job wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

You think?  eventhough Hicks said on skysports ( cant remember word for word but when prest on available funds ) Rafa will get whatever funds he needs for whatever player, an unbelevable on the record statement to make. So is Torres the best we can get?                   :Oo:

well... you do remember that later on they changed their tune to 'we won't be spending like drunken sailors' and 'we will be looking at specific players' which kinda means that we won't be going for superstars.

I do think that the reason we went for torres is because rafa thinks that he can fit in into our team in a specific role not because he's a superstar like eto'o or even villa. And we're paying very generous amounts for that.

Also we have to realize that just because we have funds available doesn't mean that we can get anyone. For example we would've never gotten henry even though he only cost barca 16 mil. It is highly unlikely we would have gotten eto'o (at least not this year) the player kept on saying he will stay. Regarding Tevez i'm not sure about what's happening there it seems to be very complicated procedure whoever wants to sign him. And also tevez didn't express any interest in us as far as we know he only expressed interest in arsenal and inter.

Who else is there? Berbetov? even though i like him to alot of ppl he is not much better than torres and torres is younger and hence got more potential... and also rafa doesn't seem to express any interest...

Anelka? more accomplished and could be a cheap option... but yeah we dont' know what rafa thinks about him

Owen? even though I like owen I prefer torres simply because of owen's fitness level right now (despite the discrepency in money involved)

Darren Bent? Overpriced and overhyped english market player... I don't think he's anywhere near torres in terms of ability...

Miroslav Klose? Would have been a good buy with a reasonable price... alas german players usually go to Bayern Munich, their football mecca, and not abroad...

Forlan? gimme a break... he can only succeed in spain... he's too wimpy to come back to england anyway... stay in spain enjoy your success while it lasts....

well I can go on but you get my drift... just because we have funds doesn't mean that we can just buy anyone... our interest has to match with the player's and the selling club's interest as well as favourable conditions like contract situations has to be met. It also depends alot on our appeal as a club and these days we're struggling hard to be a team with a better appeal than man u and chelsea and not to mention other big european clubs like madrid, barca, milan, inter...

I think your feelings come from not rating torres very highly... well if we do get him we just gotta see how he performs...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:58 am

maguskwt wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

well... you do remember that later on they changed their tune to 'we won't be spending like drunken sailors' and 'we will be looking at specific players' which kinda means that we won't be going for superstars.

I do think that the reason we went for torres is because rafa thinks that he can fit in into our team in a specific role not because he's a superstar like eto'o or even villa. And we're paying very generous amounts for that.

Also we have to realize that just because we have funds available doesn't mean that we can get anyone. For example we would've never gotten henry even though he only cost barca 16 mil. It is highly unlikely we would have gotten eto'o (at least not this year) the player kept on saying he will stay. Regarding Tevez i'm not sure about what's happening there it seems to be very complicated procedure whoever wants to sign him. And also tevez didn't express any interest in us as far as we know he only expressed interest in arsenal and inter.

Who else is there? Berbetov? even though i like him to alot of ppl he is not much better than torres and torres is younger and hence got more potential... and also rafa doesn't seem to express any interest...

Anelka? more accomplished and could be a cheap option... but yeah we dont' know what rafa thinks about him

Owen? even though I like owen I prefer torres simply because of owen's fitness level right now (despite the discrepency in money involved)

Darren Bent? Overpriced and overhyped english market player... I don't think he's anywhere near torres in terms of ability...

Miroslav Klose? Would have been a good buy with a reasonable price... alas german players usually go to Bayern Munich, their football mecca, and not abroad...

Forlan? gimme a break... he can only succeed in spain... he's too wimpy to come back to england anyway... stay in spain enjoy your success while it lasts....

well I can go on but you get my drift... just because we have funds doesn't mean that we can just buy anyone... our interest has to match with the player's and the selling club's interest as well as favourable conditions like contract situations has to be met. It also depends alot on our appeal as a club and these days we're struggling hard to be a team with a better appeal than man u and chelsea and not to mention other big european clubs like madrid, barca, milan, inter...

I think your feelings come from not rating torres very highly... well if we do get him we just gotta see how he performs...

Thanks for that but i understand how it works, i was just asking a simple question, im not one of these football manager types. And once again i dont think Torres is a bad player i just think we could do better with the money, say Kone and Owen or kone and Huntelaar. If you think Torres is the better signing thats fine. No need to patronise.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:08 am

Rush Job wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

Thanks for that but i understand how it works, i was just asking a simple question, im not one of these football manager types. And once again i dont think Torres is a bad player i just think we could do better with the money, say Kone and Owen or kone and Huntelaar. If you think Torres is the better signing thats fine. No need to patronise.

not patronizing you mate... don't take it wrongly...  :laugh:

it's just my habbit of explaining my points too much sometimes...

the thing is I rated torres very lowly in my striker list that we're suppose to get last time...

but if rafa's willing to dish out 25-27 mil for this bugger then I guess we just have to trust rafa's judgement a bit... after all he is a meticulous analyser... and it's not as if his career is not as stake here...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill