Fernando torres

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:33 pm

Rafa Benitez remained typically coy when quizzed about Fernando Torres' reported desire to move to Liverpool in the summer.

The Atletico Madrid favourite is widely regarded to be one of Europe's best strikers and has reportedly been high on the wish-list of Benitez, and several other Premiership bosses.

Manchester United and Arsenal have also been mooted as possible suitors of the 22-year-old but at the weekend, Torres, perhaps, hinted at an admiration for Liverpool when his captain's armband fell loose to reveal an inscription of the Kop's famous anthem 'You'll never walk alone'.

It is thought Torres has a clause in his contract which would allow his departure for a figure in the region of £27million but while Benitez will be armed with a healthy transfer kitty in the summer, he is nevertheless loath to disclose any specific targets.

"It means our team is very famous all around the world," Benitez told Sky Sports News, when quizzed on the significance of the inscription.

"We have about twenty names of players now, every one is thinking about one or a different one each week."

When asked if Torres would be on his list of targets in the summer, again, Benitez was somewhat evasive.

"One of 125 players in the world."

While speculation is fervent as to who may arrive on Merseyside in the summer, it seems likely Jerzy Dudek, whose contract expires at the season's close, will be heading in the opposite direction out of the Anfield exit door.

"He is out of contract at the end of the season," Benitez added.

"We were talking about him, and his future, and we expect him to leave at the end of the season, but he is perfectly prepared mentally to be in the squad at Chelsea."

I'm liking the above picture :D

I think he's overated to be honest but I still wouldn't say know.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Same thoughts as the thread opened by ciggy in international section.

Rafa confirms the view that it only means that LFC and our culture is very famous.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:07 pm

Sabre wrote:Same thoughts as the thread opened by ciggy in international section.

Rafa confirms the view that it only means that LFC and our culture is very famous.

sorry sabre mate I didn't see it. Delete this if you want.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:45 pm

No worries mate, this forum is too big to read everything. Plus, we might get new rumours about him, after all Rafa had to answer about it and everything.

I'll leave it as it is for further rumours about him, but for commenting the gesture, use this one

This thread
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:28 pm

No thanks (not for that kind of money anyway, I would rather spend them on someone else)
JamCar05

Postby Paul C » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:18 am

Nah Torres is overated imo, not a bad player but he isn't worth the amount we'd have to pay  :no
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Sat May 26, 2007 4:50 pm

If we sign him then it's ok but if we sign villa or eto'o then it would be better
But above them all he is superstar and we need a player like him
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby supersaint316 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Fingers crossed. i hope this does happen :)
supersaint316

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:14 am

At 8-10 million would be a reasonable amount for Torres but the £20m that is being bandied around is ridiculous. He would be worth a shot at the lower rate as you never know, the lad may take quite well to english football and would be worth the gamble, but at £20m it's like gambling your mortgage on a 3 legged horse - it may still come home first but it just ain't likely :lookaround .
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue May 29, 2007 5:09 pm

Aint he got like 16 goals this season.  That aint bad at all.
puroresu

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 29, 2007 5:14 pm

A lot of them penalties from what Sabre has said. He has looked good on the clips I have seen, but looked less impressive at the WC. Looks pretty nippy though, might be worth a gamble at a more reasonable price.
account deleted by request

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:38 am

We shuld sign him if don't sign him this year for 20mil then in next year his price will reach upto 30mil plz sign him this year he will score goal tht's for sure and when the other teams watched our lineup then they will surely say that(look there is torres in their team)
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:23 am

Redrulz(lfc) wrote:We shuld sign him if don't sign him this year for 20mil then in next year his price will reach upto 30mil plz sign him this year he will score goal tht's for sure and when the other teams watched our lineup then they will surely say that(look there is torres in their team)

:help
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:29 am

Redrulz(lfc) wrote:We shuld sign him if don't sign him this year for 20mil then in next year his price will reach upto 30mil plz sign him this year he will score goal tht's for sure and when the other teams watched our lineup then they will surely say that(look there is torres in their team)

You say his value is ascending. I disagree.

Selling Fernando Torres was some sort of forbidden thing for the Manzanares river fans. Right now, it isn't, and would be seen with good eyes if they got a massive sum for him.

Atletico Madrid is looking for solutions upfront since a while back. First they tried with Kezman, then with Aguero, yet another Argentinian youngster who was going to have a great impact, but in his first season, there's a long way to go.

Fernando Torres has dribbling ability, and pace, but he's not a good finisher, and he spends too much time in the ground moaning for fouls. But due to his pace and dribling, you can do excelent highlights videos with him, which might make you think he's great. But when you see him 90 mins week in, week out, or you see  him in the pitch, you wouldn't be as impressed as some of you are now.

As for his goal tally, it's not big, and he throws the penalties of his team. All of them. The latest controversial discussion about him is in fact, that one, as he has failed two or three penalties this season and people is wondering if he should throw them all.

If he came after ending a contract, I wouldn't care, but I doubt he'll be an impact here, in fact, I think Morientes is a better finisher, and more suited for this league. It would be a mistake to sign him up for a massive price, IMHO.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:39 am

(look there is torres in their team)
haaaahhhhahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha
hahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahah
ahhahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
             (and they spend 20-30 million on him what morons)
Elchris

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill