Fernando torres ! - Buy him

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:52 pm

Athletico Madrid forward Fernando Torres’s proposed move to Liverpool could fall through due to lack of money and a transfer policy at Anfield.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has not yet spent big as the money from new owners Gillett and Hicks has not been handed to Benitez.

George Gillett however has denied reports that himself and Hicks have fallen out with their manager.

He told the times – "I read that Rafa is throwing hand-grenades at us and making demands, that there's a tension or disagreement between him and the Gillett and Hicks families.

"Nothing could be farther from the truth. As far back as February, Rafa laid out a programme for us.

"Each one of our sports businesses has a core concept. We have one at Liverpool, one we understand 100 per cent, believe in and support. The plan involves us spending money, but it will be part of a plan, not just spending like a drunken sailor."

Why have Billionaire owners if they give you no money !!
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:55 pm

When will these stupid threads stop popping up!!!

It's a load of rubbish, fish and chip paper.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.

And you can quote me on that.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:01 pm

Everyone should calm down, transfer window is technically not even open until the 1st July.

Everyone is just panicking becasue the mancs and chelsea have signed players.

If you're worried then you shouldn't be, key players signed up with new contracts isn't bad business. The club is more efficient now. 2 years ago, chairman and chief exec went on holiday and left gerrard feeling unwanted. They've made sure that's not happening again.

The owners are going to give us a stadium. I'd hardly call that no money.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Bench » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:13 pm

brilliant replies by all above posters.

People do worry too much.

Stopped believing the press many years ago
The Bench

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:13 pm

Sabre wrote:Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.

Sabre i know your feelings on torres and you'd know better than most as you've seen alot of him , but if he's that bad. How come he keeps getting picked for the national side.

Just curious as to what you think.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:15 pm

Maybe it's the reason they do so poor in internationals!
LFC2007

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Maybe it's the reason they do so poor in internationals!

How longs your name been sabre? :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:17 pm

I'm fecked anyway, next year I'll have to open an account called LFC2008.....2009.....2010...
LFC2007

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:20 pm

this thread is identical to at least 3 others!

Bullsish stories

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:33 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Sabre wrote:Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.

Sabre i know your feelings on torres and you'd know better than most as you've seen alot of him , but if he's that bad. How come he keeps getting picked for the national side.

Just curious as to what you think.

In the Spanish team of the nineties, there was not much to pick from when it came to strikers. Men like Salinas had no real competition, and we had really poor strikers like Manolo. Just decent primera strikers, never top class strikers.

If you look at the strikers picked, only Villa is really new fresh and quality stuff. Men like TAmudo or Luis Garcia (ESpanyol) will pop up, but they're just decent strikers.

The other ones are MOrientes and Raul, who already have an age. So, there's not that much real competition in the Spanish squad, when it comes to strikers, to be honest. There is such, in the midfield.

If you're afraid that I',m slagging him off for personal reasons, I can assure you it's not the case. Meaning, the lad, despite being a player of an archenemy, is a decent lad. He has faced the fascists of his club face to face, he has guts, despite looking a kid.

But in a football pitch mate, he doesn't convince me. Yes, he does brilliant things like that goal of the world cup, or other nice plays you can see in youtube. But the lad is not a clinical finisher. He hasn't that. And the treatment you lot are giving him is the treatment of a top class striker. And he isn't.

He popped up very early in the league, and he seemed to be a very promising player, but his progress hasn't been such. You can't say that nowadays Torres is better than 3 years ago Torres. Call it football brains or whatever.

As a result, Atletico has been looking for other options upfront this years, and in my view, they see the fresh money roaming in England as the perfect chance to make the perfect deal. So I have to be blunt about my opinions about him. If he was a 6M player, I'd say, bring him in, but as far as I can read, you all want a top class striker, a player better than Kuyt. And he isn't.

More spectacular yes, dribling, yes, pacy? yes. But not clever to be in the spot, not cold blood to finnish, and not good movements, IMHO.

P.S. To make things worse, he's a bit badly educated football wise. As he has a decent dribling and pace, his ankles are very damaged, meaning he's one of the targets of the worse kicks. Instead getting tougher, he has learnt to moan and ask for cards. And that's a serious no-no to come to England. Somebody taught him he was a star too soon, and he hasn't become a man in that sense.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Hypothetical/Silly season Question:

If Real Sociedad tried to sign him (assuming you stay up) would you be happy?
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:55 pm

:D I think you know the answer. Of course I would, for a club the size of Real Sociedad (7th historically, but 12th economically nowadays) he would be a great signing. But we couldn't afford him, not fee-wise, and not wages-wise.

As a player? yes, he'd play all the matches. But then we're talking about a bigger club now, Liverpool, and for this size of club, he must not be seen as the Messiah of strikers...

Bear in mind that all the team has worked for him in Atletico. Bear in mind that also would happen in Real Sociedad. But Rafa doesn't seem to have that mentality. He brought Morientes and he put him to work a lot outside the box. And I can only assume he'd do the same with Torres, and he isn't used to that.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:57 pm

OK I thought so, so he isn't too bad after all!!

A few years ago that may not have sounded too crazy you know!
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:59 pm

Well, LFC2007, let me remind you that  the star of the left wing of my team yesteryear, the saviour, has been considered garbage in this club this year. So I think it's not the best of the arguements! :D

He is good. Don't get me wrong. But his Good/Money relationship is awful.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill