Loic remy - New striker?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Im not talking about what or who we bought before i just wanted to know how much we had made in player sales , and since January thats it,

Looks like the greek is the next one out the door
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:59 pm

To be honest we can pontificate all we like about whether or not 12 mill sounds like a lot of money or not, but until we see him play (and lets be honest most of us haven't) then we won't know. 12 million could either be the bargain of the year, or it could be the biggest waste of money since Dossena, only time will tell.

My hope (if he does actualy sign) is that the fella isn't a bag of potential, but has plenty to his game from game one. The likelyhood is he is going to have to play plenty of times this season, so we don't need a bloke who takes 18 months to get the hang of things. The reason I say that is because for that kind of money we could probably have had a shot at getting Carlton Cole (he'd cost more but 12 would be your opening bid), and we'd have probably got Roque Santa Cruz or Peter Crouch for less.

Whatever though, if we do buy the player then it's nice to know that we have the financial capability to do so. What with us offering Joe Cole a big contract, it does appear for now at least that some of the slightly more depressing predictions of our imminent demise were probably a touch on the over dramatic side.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Looks like the greek is the next one out the door

Well we always knew that the squad was threadbare in places (David N'Gog as second striker ???) and over the years we had picked up plenty of deadwood. The new manager has to move much of it on, and he has to recruit under a very strict financial regime which isn't easy.

Fortunately he has a history of maximising the resources available to him with shrewd purchases and the ability to improve players, hopefully he'll do the same with us.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Why weres still having to sell to buy, and i honestly think for cole to end up here he is gonna have to take a pay cut,

Imo Michael , the greek done his job when he was called upon, and in some of them games turned out better than Carragher , so id call him not bad for a bargain buy,
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:07 pm

maguskwt wrote:If we do buy him I believe Roy is heading towards a 4-4-2 formation... we will then have 3 strikers and like 3 more who can play striker...

We can only hope mate, makes a refreshing change from the negative and defensive football Rafa played  :bowdown
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:11 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Why weres still having to sell to buy, and i honestly think for cole to end up here he is gonna have to take a pay cut,

Imo Michael , the greek done his job when he was called upon, and in some of them games turned out better than Carragher , so id call him not bad for a bargain buy,

and he will need assuring that both Torres and Gerrard will be here.Can't see him coming here to be honest
roberto green

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Nice president Gilbert Stellardo has revealed he will hold a meeting on Monday with Loic Remy as the striker bids to complete a move to the Barclays Premier League.

Liverpool, Tottenham and West Ham are all reported to be interested in the France international although the Hammers appear to be in pole position, but the sticking point remains West Ham's desire to pay any transfer fee in four annual instalments, while the Ligue 1 club are asking for the cash upfront.

"For the moment it's the same status quo, but if Liverpool make an offer things will be done swiftly," Stellardo told L'Equipe. "The amount (offered by West Ham) suits me but not the payment method."

He added: "West Ham want to buy Loic because they think he could rapidly be worth 10million euros more if he plays in England. They don't want us to pay the full sum all at once."

Remy is one of France's hottest talents and the 23-year-old scored 15 goals in 33 appearances last season.

Stellardo has announced, however, that any transfer fee received will not be used to bring in other players, although the club are in talks with Middlesbrough about another loan spell for midfielder Didier Digard, who spent the second half of last season at the Stade Municipal du Ray.

UKPA
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Also I think Lyon have first option on him so they could come into the mix.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Imo Michael , the greek done his job when he was called upon, and in some of them games turned out better than Carragher , so id call him not bad for a bargain buy,

I'm not going to argue with that Nan. I thought he did quite well after a dodgy start, and at 2 mill was a good buy. Also, I wouldn't be for selling him unless we are going to buy a top centre half. As it is we have four and you need four, so unless we are going to get a really good one I wouldn't sell him if it was me.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:20 pm

If we haven't even signed him yet, none of us even know how good he is (or even what he looks like in my case) and there are loads of other clubs in for him, why are we chewing the back of the setee and getting all emotional about it? I should have known better than get drawn into all the amateur dramatics :D

I'm going to wait and see if we do sign him, then work out which one he is, then watch him play and go from there. Everyone else can suit themselves :D .
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Did you not realise it was all just paper talk that people were rfeacting to and thinking we had actually signed the guy ? we havent even made a bid for him and all this talk about him has come from the player himself saying he would love to play for us .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:24 pm

He also said on a French radio station that he had agreed a 5 year deal with us. L'Quipe I think
Last edited by tubby on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Ben go back a page and read Bav's post followed by Nan's. The impression I got was that we had already signed the bloke but that it hadn't been reported yet. There I was building the bloke up in advance of actually seeing him (as I know half the forum will say he is sh!t before they've seen him :D) and it turns out we haven't actually even put a bid in yet, allegedly.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm all for giving players time. At the time our interest in Aquilani was being reported, people immediately cast doubt on him as a potential acquisition, despite having never actually seen him play. I was prepared to wait then, and I'm prepared to wait now  :D
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 pm

put this in another thread , Apparently Cole has flew out to switzerland to join up with the squad prior to having a medical
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill