New striker

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:26 pm

I know this isn't a rumour but I thought this is the best place for it, I think we could do with another striker since Cisse and Nando have left, I have to be honest and say that the two German's Podolski and Klose have really impressed me, at the moment their isn't news linking us with a striker but wonder what people thought of those two?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:36 pm

Podolski - Germany's future premier striker.

Klose - Currrent top scorer of World Cup. Very... "poachy." :D

I think that sums it up.

Would be a welcome addition to any club.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:10 pm

Like the look of both of them.  Podolski is the better of the 2 outside the box - good pace, touch, strength and links play well.  Sometimes his finishing can be a bit erratic though - see the Poland game.  But he's agreed to join Bayern after the WC.

Klose is a poacher, but a bit blinkered when it comes to playing in team mates.  Quarantees you goals though and I'm gutted I didn't put money on him being the top scorer at the WC after I predicted it :angry:  :laugh:   I think price-wise he'd be out of our range, but if we did become linked with him you wouldn't hear me complaining.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:12 am

Podolski seemed pretty similiar to Bellamy so I dont think that he would really bring anything new to us.
Klose would be a decent buy (if at the right price, which would be impossible after the WC) but he is 28 and wouldnt be first team for that long. 
With Fowler/Crouch/Bellamy/Garcia we have enough cover, we dont need to spend big on players just becasue they had a good WC.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby callaway360 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:16 am

podolski will be good in any team, woudnt mind him in liverpool :D  cant see it happening as he will be worth more than what we can afford (atleast 20 mill)
we love yu liverpool we do,
OOOH LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YU
callaway360

Postby Sparky » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:19 am

podolski has signed for bayern munich and Klose is too old and slow to cope with the demands of the premiership when you considfer the time it will take him to adjust to the gamestyle.
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:59 am

Sparky wrote:podolski has signed for bayern munich and Klose is too old and slow to cope with the demands of the premiership when you considfer the time it will take him to adjust to the gamestyle.

Too old and slow?  Have you watched him play?  His pace is his best asset.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:23 am

Alan Shearer has recommended Klose to Newcastle as his ideal replacement!!

I like the look of Podolski but, as someone has rightly said, he is very similar to Bellamy.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby kobashi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:42 pm

I like Podolski.  Saw him for cologne last year and was excellent.  His just signed for Bayern though and would be very very good their!!
kobashi

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:50 pm

Podolski has definately signed for Bayern Munich and does look a very good prospect. He is very strong for someone of his size and quick as well. He will probably be one of the top scorers in german football next season.
Klose has impressed me immensly i hadnt seen much of him and thought he was just a target man who scored headers.
In this tournament he has shown he has far more to his game and has decent touch and awareness, the assist for Podolski in the Sweden game shows he can spot a pass.
I think he would be a massive hit but probably out of our price range, he would imo fetch Werder Bremen 15 million if he is to leave.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill