Loic remy - New striker?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Yeah who was it sayign that Macia guy was after him for a few years?

I reckon Roy was just trying to lead on like he hasn't even taken a look at him when in reality we are probably in negotiations with his people now. I remember Rafa saying he was not after Luis Garcia and the next week he was at Anfield.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:50 pm

He doesn't say that Remy's possible recruitment is out of his hands, he says that before signing any player he needs to watch them and make his own assessment. (Nothing has actually happened yet). The fact that the club has been monitoring the player for a while doesn't mean that Hodgson won't have the final say on this. Scout departments don't just stop working as soon as one manager leaves. They have to be on the lookout for players continually and have recommendations whatever the circumstances surrounding the manager. To that extent it makes sense that they always have some degree of independence from the manager. If the manager does change, then they are well prepared to make him recommendations that will help save time and help him to make a more informed judgment.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:53 pm

If we do buy him I believe Roy is heading towards a 4-4-2 formation... we will then have 3 strikers and like 3 more who can play striker...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Good. As much as I like the 2 DM's system, overall we don't have the personel to make it work. 442 would be good and would not heap so much pressure on Torres alone to get goals.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:47 pm

aCe' wrote:Scouts are there to recommend players for the manager... Doesnt say much that the manager doesnt know much about a player being watched by the scouts, especially not with the scouts following up on targets the club have been pursuing for a while now... My guess is that Roy will look at the player and whether he fits into his system or not AND THEN take the scout recommendations into account before deciding whether to bid or not... Lets be honest it doesnt take months to know whether a player is good enough or not and im guessing the scouts havent randomly decided to look at this player...
As far as the owners are concerned, im sure the last thing they would want is more money wasted on players who arent good enough or players who wont improve the squad for whatever reason... A bit over the top suggesting they're forcing the manager's hand on this one..

My feelings too, some of you lads are too paranoid I'm afraid.  Who really knows though. :D
Zidane

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Yes I don't get this "the player is being forced upon Roy/Roy is a puppet" angle either. The manager has already said he is going to study the scouting reports (which as it was done under the previous manager will also include sections on the guys character and all the other stuff which is relevent), look at the videos and make a decision. I really can't see for the life of me what is wrong with that. No doubt Roy has a couple of ideas of his own about how to spend some of the clubs money, and he'll compare this lad with his other options.

What else do people expect him to do? Take the scouting depts word for it and sign him anyway, or tell them "feck off from now on I'll do my own scouting"? There really are some extremely worried and paranoid people on the forum at the moment. Even the most innocent of remarks from the manager is being twisted into all sorts of unlikely conspiracy theories.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:48 pm

By Grant Wilson
Jul 17, 2010 8:54:00 PM
New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed he has spoken to former Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole, but has revealed club managing director Christian Purslow has taken charge of all transfer discussions.

Cole is available on a free transfer after leaving the Premier League champions and has been strongly linked with moves to Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal.

A flurry of betting on Cole joining Liverpool has led to some agencies suspending wagers on the transfer however, though Hodgson was keen to play down his contact with the player as only a 'chat'.

"I'm not a betting man so that doesn't actually play a big part that betting is suspended," he told Sky Sports News. "I don't even know enough about betting to know what that means.

"As far as I know, Joe Cole is still a player looking for a club.

"I know we've been connected with him, and it's good to know we're connected with players of that quality, but I don't have anything to report on the subject.

"I haven't had any discussions with him, but I had a brief chat a while back."

"If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask [managing director] Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me."
[U]
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby sgs » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Wenger plays down Schwarzer talk
By Soccernet staff

July 17, 2010
Arsene Wenger has indicated there is little chance of Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer joining Arsenal and confirmed William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre will move on.

Arsenal have been linked with a £4 million move for Schwarzer, 37, after having reportedly had a £2 million offer rejected.

When asked whether he was interested in a deal, though, Wenger said: "Not really. We are still looking at various situations, but I would not like to come out on any individuals.

"At the moment, in pre-season, there is no number one - you have to give a chance to everyone to show how good he is. You cannot decide that today."

Lukasz Fabianski played in goal for the 4-0 friendly win at Barnet on Saturday, with Manuel Almunia absent due to illness.

Wenger also said defenders Gallas and Silvestre, out of contract this summer, will play elsewhere next season, while he remains unsure whether Sol Campbell will stay on.

"I believe that Gallas and Silvestre will sign somewhere else," Wenger said. "Sol Campbell is still in no man's land at the moment."
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:12 am

wrong thread...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:29 am

bigmick wrote:What else do people expect him to do? Take the scouting depts word for it and sign him anyway, or tell them "feck off from now on I'll do my own scouting"? There really are some extremely worried and paranoid people on the forum at the moment. Even the most innocent of remarks from the manager is being twisted into all sorts of unlikely conspiracy theories.

You have to wonder if people on here are just shaping everything to fit their theories about how the hierarchy structure is working. I just wish everyone would stop talking about this power struggle/war supposedly raging on in the boardroom and just talk about football.

Let's discuss transfers and targets on their merits eh, not discuss who signed the player and whether Woy wants them or not :no It's all very boring having the same old same old speculation about who is behind what EVERY THREAD, so much so you do wonder what the threads are about sometimes. eg Torres thread, is he staying is more or less now a question of who is telling him what and all the politics behind the roles held by Purslow and Woy :sleep
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:57 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSciRjZpsmk

He looked good here

The people who are saying purslow is signing him... I wonder if you'll be the first to congratulate purslow if the lad's a hit
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:33 pm

I heard he was telling some French radio station that he has signed for 5 years.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:34 pm

there reporting in a french paper and  some french journo on that twiitter Bav that 17 million Euros is the fee , ??? well if thats the case that leaves us with about three million for a left back, I asked before how much we had in the kitty after selling Insua and had a look and found this

since 1st Jan if you include Insua at £5m:

OUT  Dossena 4.7m /  Andriy Voronin 1.8m /  Mihaylov 1.5m / San José 2.6m /  Aurélio Free /  Martin Free /  Benayoun 6m /  Insua 5m TOTAL: 21.6m

IN  Maxi Free /  Shelvey 1.7m /  Jovanovic Free TOTAL: 1.7m

Total transfer "spend":

£19.9m profit.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:38 pm

There could be more Nan. No one knows for sure what the kitty is. And im sure that kitty could go up if/when we sell Mascherano.

17mil euros is a lot though. I don't even rate him ahead of that Gignac tbh. We could have got Lukaku for that much too. I really hope Roy or whoever knows what they are doing.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:49 pm

If we consider the £20m we paid for Keane and £8m for a left back in Dossena, let alone £20m for an injured midfielder that hardly kicked a ball in year then £12.5m for this promising French lad is peanuts. Its a good price. We are just being smarter in the transfer market and thats a good thing, doing free deals for good players like Jovanavic and investing money from sales in exciting young players like Remy with ambition and a football career in front of them. If its being prudent then its working for me because I would have taken losing Benayoun and Insua to bring in Jovanavic and Remy any day.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill