Loic remy - New striker?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby PabloAimar » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:24 am

Or maybe Roy just said the right things so as not to get bum f*cked on the transfer fee. Hey, I'm just putting it out there....
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby puroresu » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:09 am

Remy is a good player.  He keeps getting better.  Nice really struggled last year and remy had a really good season. 

On a totally different level to N'gog.
puroresu

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:57 am

puroresu wrote:Remy is a good player.  He keeps getting better.  Nice really struggled last year and remy had a really good season. 

On a totally different level to N'gog.

that's not hard though is it to be fair  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:07 am

maguskwt wrote:Conspiracy theorists?

There is a saying no smoke without fire. Fans have the right to be concerned about this scenario without being belittled. We have HUGE amount of debts at the same time we are being run by Bank suits who know nothing about football. Roy was brought in apparently to 'steady the ship'. In this kind of context, we go out there and spend 12.5 million pounds on this bloke. It will be all good if Roy said that yeah he is someone we need. But Roy's message was the total opposite. It was loud and clear and good job for speaking out. In this kind of context if we are spending any amount of money, it should be because Roy wants to on a certain player. And if that was the case, Roy wouldn't have said what he said.

And that is exacly the point i was trying to make, Surely it should be Roy deciding who he wants at the club, So what if our scouts have been following him for a while. Roy is the manager now , (well i think he is) and if he knows nothing about the lad ,has never seen him play like he said he hadnt, suely then if this lad arrives here in the next few days like the media and some on here have said. are Roys views being taken into account, Does he even want this lad. he might want to spend the little money we have somewhere else , someone who he has been following , and not someone who Christie wants or the previous manager was interested in ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:23 pm

bavlondon wrote:Boss cool on Remy link
16th Jul 2010
Roy Hodgson today played down reports that Liverpool are on the verge of signing Nice striker Loic Remy.

The France international has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League throughout the summer, but Hodgson has reacted coolly to suggestions he is poised to arrive at Anfield.

"He's a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came," Hodgson told his press conference in Switzerland.

"He's a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to."

This is the manager letting the fans know he has little to do with the acquisition or possible purchase of Loic Remy ... and if you read between the lines I actually feel for the managers desperation at not being given free reign on acquiring the players he feels will make us an all-round  better team  ........ I hope he is given the trust every new Liverpool manager has received in the past ,because this doesn't bode well if he isn't trusted enough to make these decisions
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Boss cool on Remy link
16th Jul 2010
Roy Hodgson today played down reports that Liverpool are on the verge of signing Nice striker Loic Remy.

The France international has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League throughout the summer, but Hodgson has reacted coolly to suggestions he is poised to arrive at Anfield.

"He's a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came," Hodgson told his press conference in Switzerland.

"He's a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to."

This is the manager letting the fans know he has little to do with the acquisition or possible purchase of Loic Remy ... and if you read between the lines I actually feel for the managers desperation at not being given free reign on acquiring the players he feels will make us an all-round  better team  ........ I hope he is given the trust every new Liverpool manager has received in the past ,because this doesn't bode well if he isn't trusted enough to make these decisions

Exacly this^^^^
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:35 pm

So just to ask you redbeergoggles....

you think that the board are now making 12 million plus transfers for players that the new boss will not want ?
The same people you said are lying about us having any money ?

I get confused that's all.

My take on it is, we were interested in him previously and we do have scouts still actively pursuing players - sounding their agents out so to speak. Should the manager wish to buy this player he isnt then starting from scratch in negotiation terms and we havent been left behind if someone else comes in for the player.

I could be totally wrong, but considering everyone knows we dont have a large transfer kitty - for the director to just make a call to spend 12 million plus just off his own judgement and without the managers consent, well it seems far fetched to me.
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Ben how would you feel listening to what Roy has said about not seeing or knowing the player , and he was being looked at before he got here , and then ends up on our books in the next week, Do you honestly feel Roy would of had any input. What if Roy has earmarked someone else, and then he is overlooked because of this, He obviously has his own ideas of players he would like . and for me it looks like at the mo he dosnt have a say on this, I actualy feel sorry for him tbh, But on the other hand he knew what he was getting into with the vermin in control of the club,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:So just to ask you redbeergoggles....

you think that the board are now making 12 million plus transfers for players that the new boss will not want ?
The same people you said are lying about us having any money ?

I get confused that's all.

My take on it is, we were interested in him previously and we do have scouts still actively pursuing players - sounding their agents out so to speak. Should the manager wish to buy this player he isnt then starting from scratch in negotiation terms and we havent been left behind if someone else comes in for the player.

I could be totally wrong, but considering everyone knows we dont have a large transfer kitty - for the director to just make a call to spend 12 million plus just off his own judgement and without the managers consent, well it seems far fetched to me.

I also get confused  Ben but seen as no money has been spent as of yet  ???  it is not without reason to believe those same underlying fears still remain a constant source of anxiety ....
and its the managers statements not mine mate ,but he makes it quite clear he views Remy,s possible recruitment as out of his hands and that's a shame because like I said its not the best way to start any marriage if we expect any sort of longevity    ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Scouts are there to recommend players for the manager... Doesnt say much that the manager doesnt know much about a player being watched by the scouts, especially not with the scouts following up on targets the club have been pursuing for a while now... My guess is that Roy will look at the player and whether he fits into his system or not AND THEN take the scout recommendations into account before deciding whether to bid or not... Lets be honest it doesnt take months to know whether a player is good enough or not and im guessing the scouts havent randomly decided to look at this player...
As far as the owners are concerned, im sure the last thing they would want is more money wasted on players who arent good enough or players who wont improve the squad for whatever reason... A bit over the top suggesting they're forcing the manager's hand on this one..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Reading his last line I read it as Roy was making a stand. He's pretty much telling the board "stop doing business behind my back. I'll choose the player I want when I've watched them etc"
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Lee J wrote:"He's a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to."

Reading his last line I read it as Roy was making a stand. He's pretty much telling the board "stop doing business behind my back. I'll choose the player I want when I've watched them etc"

Precisely ... All managers have a method of conveying their feeling to the fans if you read between the lines .. Hodgson has been very clever and acted with tact and diplomacy  in the way he has put this across ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:35 pm

your right RBG, everybody reads things differently.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Purslow is now the 'director of football' it seems.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:06 pm

aCe' wrote:Scouts are there to recommend players for the manager... Doesnt say much that the manager doesnt know much about a player being watched by the scouts, especially not with the scouts following up on targets the club have been pursuing for a while now... My guess is that Roy will look at the player and whether he fits into his system or not AND THEN take the scout recommendations into account before deciding whether to bid or not... Lets be honest it doesnt take months to know whether a player is good enough or not and im guessing the scouts havent randomly decided to look at this player...
As far as the owners are concerned, im sure the last thing they would want is more money wasted on players who arent good enough or players who wont improve the squad for whatever reason... A bit over the top suggesting they're forcing the manager's hand on this one..

I read it like this.
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill