Loic remy - New striker?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Skysports.com can confirm Liverpool have made a move to sign French striker Loic Remy from under the noses of West Ham and Tottenham.

The 23-year-old, who has been likened to Thierry Henry, scored 16 goals for Nice last season and has broken into the France national team.

“Liverpool is a legendary club,” Remy told Nice Matin today. “I am very excited by the thought of playing there. It has a magnificent stadium and a fantastic public.”

Signs are showing that we have pretty much bagged this guy.

Seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on him. Some say he will be the next Henry, some say he is good but not great. Either way, im just glad we are hopefully FINALLY getting a striker.
Fauxy

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:20 pm

When were these quotes made? I read a similar thing a few days ago but he also said the Spurs offer was 'interesting'
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Quotes are from earlier today
Fauxy

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Good news if true.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 pm

its in the rumour mill at the moment... as that's kinda what it is. The (supposed) bid hasn't even been accepted yet
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Fauxy wrote:The 23-year-old, who has been likened to Thierry Henry,

Great he can be a backup for Reina as well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:43 pm

laza wrote:
Fauxy wrote:The 23-year-old, who has been likened to Thierry Henry,

Great he can be a backup for Reina as well

:laugh:

truth be told I am very wary now when it comes to 'the next Henry'... and you guys should too...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Anyone seen him play before? Whats he like?

Never heard of him to be honest..fingers crossed though!
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:47 pm

He started out as a RW ...... Pacy....can dribble and take on players.....

Sign him up and make him our 1st choice RW  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Is it Loyc, or Low-ick, or a baffling Loosh or something similar? And is it Reemy, Remy as in Moses, or a Rumanian Remu as in the New Zealand native wood (which makes lovely floorboards and furniture incidently). Is he black, white, tall, thin, fast, slow, good in the air, good on the deck, a creator, a scorer or an all in combo? Does he like rap music and fancy himself a bit  ??? best we ask that one before we sign on any dotted lines.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:52 pm

bigmick wrote:Is it Loyc, or Low-ick, or a baffling Loosh or something similar? And is it Reemy, Remy as in Moses, or a Rumanian Remu as in the New Zealand native wood (which makes lovely floorboards and furniture incidently). Is he black, white, tall, thin, fast, slow, good in the air, good on the deck, a creator, a scorer or an all in combo? Does he like rap music and fancy himself a bit  ??? best we ask that one before we sign on any dotted lines.

:laugh:

He's black and dread-locked...

Nowadays EVERYBODY likes rap music... Keep up old man...  :D

Wiki says we've bid 12.5 million pounds... that's alot of money considering we are skint...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 pm

maguskwt wrote:truth be told I am very wary now when it comes to 'the next Henry'... and you guys should too...

as long as its not the next Zidane and we should be fine
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Boss cool on Remy link
16th Jul 2010
Roy Hodgson today played down reports that Liverpool are on the verge of signing Nice striker Loic Remy.

The France international has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League throughout the summer, but Hodgson has reacted coolly to suggestions he is poised to arrive at Anfield.

"He's a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came," Hodgson told his press conference in Switzerland.

"He's a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to."
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:57 pm

maguskwt wrote:Nowadays EVERYBODY likes rap music... Keep up old man...  :D

Nothing wrong with rap music, "set adrift on memory bliss" by PM Dawn was a fine record, and quite hard core enough for anyone who's feeling that way out :D. Years ago all footballers were into Luther Vandross and stuff and all was good, these days they seemingly only listen to songs which include bleeps as lyrics and are by someone "featuring" someone else.

The only other dreadlockian players I can recall us having were Rigobert Song (who wasn't very good to be honest), and David James, although I'm not sure he had the dreads when he played for us. Oh and that clown Diaio as well, and I think I was better than him in my heyday. Maybe Cisse had a wee pop at the dreads too.

Perhaps St Mick is onto something, no thanks :no.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:Boss cool on Remy link
16th Jul 2010
Roy Hodgson today played down reports that Liverpool are on the verge of signing Nice striker Loic Remy.

The France international has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League throughout the summer, but Hodgson has reacted coolly to suggestions he is poised to arrive at Anfield.

"He's a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came," Hodgson told his press conference in Switzerland.

"He's a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to."

Fair enough Roy, if you haven't seen him play then feck the scouting department right off. They've hardly covered themselves in glory the last few seasons lets be honest, and if the bloke who reccommended Dossena is still on the payroll, get him off it sharpish.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill