Loic remy - New striker?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:put this in another thread , Apparently Cole has flew out to switzerland to join up with the squad prior to having a medical

Happy Days
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 pm

If we've got Cole, then fair play to Roy for selling his vision to the player. I know many people had/have doubts about whether or not big players would want to come with Royston as our manager, but there were five other members of the top seven interested in him and if he comes to us it's fantastic.

Well done Roy Hodgson :buttrock
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Let's wait and see if it comes off first. Cole is a big player and I don't really want to get all excited for it to turn into an anti climax.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:43 pm

bigmick wrote:If we've got Cole, then fair play to Roy for selling his vision to the player. I know many people had/have doubts about whether or not big players would want to come with Royston as our manager, but there were five other members of the top seven interested in him and if he comes to us it's fantastic.

Well done Roy Hodgson :buttrock:

I'm not sure that Hodgson has really had much of  chance to really sell his vision mate. His comments indicated that he'd only spoken to the player fairly briefly. I'm sure the contract will play a big part in where he signs but i'm hoping that the lure of playing for a club like LFC is the biggest draw for the player. I know not being able to offer champions League football is a big draw-back when your trying to bring in high profile players, and some have suggested (amid these Cole rumours) that he would never come because of this. But don't forget Cole has experienced Anfield at it's spine-tingling, bone shaking, red roaring, sound barrier-breaking best on several occasions now. He was in that Chelsea team when the Anfield crowd single-handedly dragged our Reds to the final in 2005 and again in 2007. I don't care who you are, the opportunity to play at this famous club and to experience the kind of backing that cannot be matched anywhere is gotta be a big draw for any player.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:52 pm

If he has signed then maybe its Man Utd that turned down the offer to sign him and not the other way round ?! If he has signed i will be shocked and amazed .
Benny The Noon

Postby puroresu » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:53 pm

bavlondon wrote:Also I think Lyon have first option on him so they could come into the mix.

Lyon confirmed they wanted him months ago but refuse to pay the asking price.
puroresu

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:put this in another thread , Apparently Cole has flew out to switzerland to join up with the squad prior to having a medical

:O  How do ya know?

I hope its true!  :D

- Never mind, read your post in the rumour mill
Fauxy

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:09 am

Relocated to Le Moulin des Rumours...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Waldo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Have never seen this guy play but he clearly rates himself. No pressure then kid but coming out with a statement like "I am going to be as good as Thierry Henry" is pretty bold. Seems to have scored a few goals in the French League so can't be all that bad. Granted that the French league is pretty pants!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Please no more  French ??? their arrogance  stinks the place out ???
South Africa will have to be fumigated thoroughly after that exclusively French display of petulance .......
Liverpool have enough problems without adding this lad to the equation
So please Roy if you truly have any say in this transfer just say Non .... just say non
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Please no more  French ??? their arrogance  stinks the place out ???
South Africa will have to be fumigated thoroughly after that exclusively French display of petulance .......
Liverpool have enough problems without adding this lad to the equation
So please Roy if you truly have any say in this transfer just say Non .... just say non

So you wouldn't want this guy just because he said that?  Talk about blowing it out of proportion!
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LFC ANIME » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:59 pm

I rather not take a gamble of an unknown... Should spend the 12.5m on Huntelaar
LFC ANIME

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:29 am

LFC ANIME wrote:I rather not take a gamble of an unknown... Should spend the 12.5m on Huntelaar

Huntelaar is an old school type strker, he's a poacher and that's it.  Don't know if he'd fit in to our team.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:32 am

L'Quipe is reporting that we are unable to go over the €12m mark, well short of West Ham's €17.5m offer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 am

bavlondon wrote:L'Quipe is reporting that we are unable to go over the €12m mark, well short of West Ham's €17.5m offer.

Yet the player has made known his preference to come to Anfield. Queue transfer saga.

Roy shouldn't f*ck about if this is going to drag itself out over the rest of the transfer window. I expect he'll be wanting everyone in place very soon given the Europa League qualifiers kick off soon.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill