Loic remy - New striker?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Bermenstein » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Can he play Left Back???
Because were gonna be skint down the left side this season if the Hodge doesnt get some kwality on the left....
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:59 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Does it matter if Roy hasnt seen him play or knoes nothing about him,, as long as Christe has seen him and knows about him thats alright then,  ???

Liverpool's technical director Eduardo Macia is believed to have been tracking Remy for five years and he has recommended Hodgson make a move for the pacy hit-man

ok its from slysports, but still...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Does it matter if Roy hasnt seen him play or knoes nothing about him,, as long as Christe has seen him and knows about him thats alright then,  ???

Liverpool's technical director Eduardo Macia is believed to have been tracking Remy for five years and he has recommended Hodgson make a move for the pacy hit-man

I read the word 'pacy' wrong  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby sgs » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:04 pm

bavlondon wrote:Boss cool on Remy link
16th Jul 2010
Roy Hodgson today played down reports that Liverpool are on the verge of signing Nice striker Loic Remy.

The France international has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League throughout the summer, but Hodgson has reacted coolly to suggestions he is poised to arrive at Anfield.

"He's a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came," Hodgson told his press conference in Switzerland.

"He's a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to."

:O  :O

Should anyone really be suprised?
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:06 pm

What at ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Redman in wales wrote:

Dosnt matter mate ,these words say it all for me,

"He's a player I know very little about. If I am going to be interested in a player I am going to have to watch him playing, study him and make judgments which I have not been able to."

So if he signs for us in the next few days what does that tell you about how much of a say Roy has at the club,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:16 pm

bigmick wrote:What at ???

That we even had 12Mil to spend.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:41 pm

Yep... "shouldnt be surprised" and those quotes really do "say it all"...
Didnt you know that by saying  :

"He's a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came"
What Roy really meant was that the club arent even allowing me to watch tape of the guy to see if he fits my system... They cant wait to pay 14mill because the money is burning a hole in their pockets..

- How can a manager not know about a player who does not even play for his national team and one who plays for a mediocre French club ?!  If the manager was any good he'd know all about such players.. the likes of Dossena, Lucas, Josemi, Gonzales...etc etc... Watch him play first ? Is that really necessary   :D

What the fck is everyone going on about ? If anything i think the manager handled it very well... He said the club were looking at him and indicated that he was going to be watching videos of the guy and possibly talking to him and studying him before any bid is to be made... How that translates to "tell(s) you about how much of a say Roy has at the club" i will never understand... Get a grip ffs !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 pm

aCe' wrote:Yep... "shouldnt be surprised" and those quotes really do "say it all"...
Didnt you know that by saying  :

"He's a player who was mentioned to me by the scouting department and a player the club were following before I came"
What Roy really meant was that the club arent even allowing me to watch tape of the guy to see if he fits my system... They cant wait to pay 14mill because the money is burning a hole in their pockets..

- How can a manager not know about a player who does not even play for his national team and one who plays for a mediocre French club ?!  If the manager was any good he'd know all about such players.. the likes of Dossena, Lucas, Josemi, Gonzales...etc etc... Watch him play first ? Is that really necessary   :D

What the fck is everyone going on about ? If anything i think the manager handled it very well... He said the club were looking at him and indicated that he was going to be watching videos of the guy and possibly talking to him and studying him before any bid is to be made... How that translates to "tell(s) you about how much of a say Roy has at the club" i will never understand... Get a grip ffs !

This forum has turned into a house of conspiracy theorists!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Rafa was the messiah and the whole world was against him. It was the owners fault we spent £17 million on a player who contributed nothing to our season and £20 million on a player who contributed nothing the season before. Oh don't forget the Doss at 7 million. Damn Purslow and the owners, making all those dodgy signings behind Rafa's back!
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:03 am

bigmick wrote:What at ???

Seriously?

Simply confirms what was always obvious about this appointment. Anyways, lets hope for the best...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby mart » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:07 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Rafa was the messiah and the whole world was against him. It was the owners fault we spent £17 million on a player who contributed nothing to our season and £20 million on a player who contributed nothing the season before. Oh don't forget the Doss at 7 million. Damn Purslow and the owners, making all those dodgy signings behind Rafa's back!

Rafa is the manager of Inter. Who cares.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:13 am

Conspiracy theorists?

There is a saying no smoke without fire. Fans have the right to be concerned about this scenario without being belittled. We have HUGE amount of debts at the same time we are being run by Bank suits who know nothing about football. Roy was brought in apparently to 'steady the ship'. In this kind of context, we go out there and spend 12.5 million pounds on this bloke. It will be all good if Roy said that yeah he is someone we need. But Roy's message was the total opposite. It was loud and clear and good job for speaking out. In this kind of context if we are spending any amount of money, it should be because Roy wants to on a certain player. And if that was the case, Roy wouldn't have said what he said.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:44 am

bigmick wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Nowadays EVERYBODY likes rap music... Keep up old man...  :D

Nothing wrong with rap music, "set adrift on memory bliss" by PM Dawn was a fine record, and quite hard core enough for anyone who's feeling that way out :D.

Actually that group is described as Hip Hop/R&B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PM_Dawn

I do like one or two rap songs, but I think mostly if they have some sample of a good song in them. Stan by Eminem is very good, good lyrics etc

Another many on here may well not know is a sample of Broken Wings by several artists including Plan B, Purple & Doctor. Not many songs mention East Acton and Eritrea

As for Remy, I think I am not the only one who will be put off at the prospect of paying £12m or thereabouts for a French striker. Played only in France and ONCE for France itself

Lyon 06/07 : 0 goals in 7 apps
Lyon 07/08 : 0 goals in 8 apps
Lens 07/08 : 4 goals in 12 apps
Nice 08/09 : 11 goals in 36 apps
Nice 09/10 : 16 goals in 33 apps

I think I for one would be a lot happier if that were 20+ goals in the last two seasons. He is still only 23 but don't we already have a young French striker that may take a season or two before he becomes fully ordinary? Seems more like a Wenger signing to me, as wikipedia reckons is the case through interest from Arsenal (and I vaguely recollect that)

BUT if people think we're going to go out and buy a seasoned Premiership striker who is any good, then expect the price tag to be £18m+. I wish Rafa had taken a punt on Bent instead of Keane, younger and better, but he went the wrong way and that potential signing may now cost more. Would we really want to go back to players like Bellamy?!?!? Hoping for citeh cast-offs at bargain basement prices is a bit optimistic and desperate. The best strikers are generally at the biggest clubs with the odd exception so seasoned Premiership strikers of any quality are going to be hard to land.

And we've signed strikers from other Premiership clubs with varying levels of success but on the whole they weren't that big a hit, the aforementioned Bellamy and Keane, and Crouch.
Not that Kuyt, Babel and Voronin have been so much more successful, but the point is seasoned Premiership is just a comfort zone that some fans like to think in that doesn't actually translate into any comfort at all. Crouch bounces around Premiership clubs like a yo-yo, the only clubs he seems to thrive at are on the south coast. Berbatov was loved at spudz, not so much at the mancs, perhaps through a higher level of expectation from the club and fans, and not getting regular starts as he might elsewhere.

Success at one club does not guarantee success at another just because it is in the same league. A top player will shine regardless what league, others can flatter to deceive because of circumstance such as the whole teamplan focusing on feeding that striker, they take all the penalties and probably twice as many shots to return an extra 5%-10% goals. I guess Torres is the beneficiary of playing alone up front, Keane at times was trying to take up the same positions as his striking partner and just getting in his way.

On the topic of Keane, I read that spudz won't loan him to Celtic as it isn't cost effective use of him or something. So either he'll be sold or play more next season, I'm guessing the former rather than the latter.

And to mention Emule, I hear he's retired from International football  :buttrock although he stopped scoring yonks ago! Someone wrote into s*y teletext and said it was a mistake because it was his best shot at getting time on the pitch :laugh:

Now if we want a striker, perhaps we could try and land Heskey's "team mate" Agbonlahor, he's 23, quick, and 16 goals in 41 apps for villa last season when the villa went backwards in their teamscoring is pretty handy. I'm guessing the leprechaun will slap a £30m asking price on him, such an unimaginative figure given he slaps it on all his players! (EDIT that anyone shows interest in)
Last edited by Owzat on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:01 am

Owzat wrote:Now if we want a striker, perhaps we could try and land Heskey's "team mate" Agbonlahor, he's 23, quick, and 16 goals in 41 apps for villa last season when the villa went backwards in their teamscoring is pretty handy. I'm guessing the leprechaun will slap a £30m asking price on him, such an unimaginative figure given he slaps it on all his players! (EDIT that anyone shows interest in)

I've been talking about Agbonlahor for quite some time. I believe since 2 seasons ago. But I'm afraid now he's out of our price range... unless the player himself wants to join us and his doesn't have that much left on his contract. But nowadays unfortunately there are more appealing clubs to go to if you are an up and coming footballer...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill