Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Redman in wales » Fri May 02, 2008 4:25 pm

link to villa website which carries the story:

link
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Mish mash players :- Kuyt , Voronin, Riise, Carson, Crouch, Kewell, Pennant, Benayoun
account deleted by request

Postby StevieL » Fri May 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Diamond midfield?!?
                         MASCH
        BARRY                          ALONSO
                        GERRARD?!?!?!
StevieL

Postby RedRoots » Fri May 02, 2008 5:14 pm

StevieL wrote:Diamond midfield?!?
                         MASCH
                        GERRARD?!?!?!

How narrow can we play.
RedRoots

Postby StevieL » Fri May 02, 2008 5:15 pm

as narrow as we are playing right now... not like kuyt/benny play all the way "on the wing"
StevieL

Postby destro » Fri May 02, 2008 5:24 pm

Redman in wales wrote:from the BBC.. O'Neils quotes:

We're trying to build a side here and we're not a feeder club."

A feeder club  ??? this is not some up and coming youngster hes 27/28 FFS !!. Hes as good as hes ever going to get playing for Villa. I don't see anything in him that is worth the 10 Million that was being talked about, unless we are saving him for penalties when we reach our next final ?. A player plus cash deal makes more sense depending on the players, they can have Itandje and Voronin and count them selves lucky to get them  :D

From a Villa Forum ( I never realised they are so funny )

I read it & i'm a bit worried about it TBH, he's mainly talking about the next few games & wanting to put us in to Europe, not so much after that. £20 million at least Scousers. Although there was talk today that Pool might have to Sell Torres & Babel to pay off a loan so they might not have enough to buy him.

What was it Carrick went for?

£18m wasn't it?

As Barry is currently keeping him out of the England squad I would wanr 18m MINIMUM for him, but ideally I'd look to settle for about £20m.

To the people who would sell Barry for X amount...

What is the minimum you would accept for him? £8m? £10m? I personally wouldn't have anyhting less than £20m?

As for his price, as a man in his prime fast becoming an England regular and our most valued player, I wouldn't accept a penny less than £25m. Especially considering the fortunes Chelsea and Liverpool are worth.

I would take Finnan, Crouch and 10m.

destro

Postby RedRoots » Fri May 02, 2008 5:26 pm

exactly that's why we need to change and bring some width to the team. Diamond formation, no thanks.
RedRoots

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 02, 2008 6:20 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:dawson...why sell aurelio? because he's useless IMO. I can't see why people rave about him so highly. Even when he's been fit, people run rings around him.

saint...barry would join Liverpool even if he was told to play in goal. There's more prestige, more money (probably) and more coverage for the lad and the only reason I want Barry at left back, is because our central midfielders as a collective unit are the best in the premiership whereas our left back position is rather average at best. Teams around us have better left backs than ourselves...Evra, Cole, Clichy, Lescott, Barry (if played there) Warnock, Garrido (man city) McCartney (west ham) I'd say only Portsmouth out of the top 10 don't have a left back I'd take ahead of Riise/Aurelio. Herman Hriedasson, isn't for me a great left back, he's a good centre half though.

have to say i agree with this , he wants champions league footie and LFC can guarantee him that , also he would be a good player and is very versatile and can play in 3 positions would love to see him here , think he will play at left back or if alonso is sold and we do sign a striker he will play on the left flank/left back role and revert back to a 4-4-2 formation
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Barry has a very sweet left foot and the last match against the bitters it was his corner and his lob that found carew and got them the 2 goals back , also it would always be good to have another captain in the side and as for the player in the exchange deal i think its carson 6 million and barry 4 million
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri May 02, 2008 6:26 pm

I have changed my mind he can sign for Liverpool IF................

He brings his Sister

:;):
destro

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 02, 2008 6:30 pm

:D She's quite chubby but hell she's got a nice rack :p
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri May 02, 2008 6:31 pm

RedRoots wrote:
StevieL wrote:Diamond midfield?!?
                         MASCH
                        GERRARD?!?!?!

How narrow can we play.

No thanks.  No pace in a midfield like that.

Does Barry really improve our side?  His a decent player but not really certain we need him.
puroresu

Postby Red @ Heart » Fri May 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Martin oneil is well písed of with this, he says it should be done privatley and not the day before villas crucial game with wigan, he alos adds It is certainly not the way the Liverpool of old would have conducted business.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3509724,00.html
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 02, 2008 6:36 pm

It is certainly not the way the Liverpool of old would have conducted business.

This is New Liverpool.

We don't hang around like Rick Parry.

We see someone we want, we just take them.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 02, 2008 6:41 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/soccer/wires/05/02/2080.ap.eu.spt.soc.villa.barry.0307/index.html

O'Neill says Aston Villa won't be tempted to sell captain Gareth Barry to Liverpool
Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font
ADVERTISEMENT

BIRMINGHAM, England (AP) -Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill insists his club won't be tempted by an offer from Liverpool for captain Gareth Barry.

Barry, who can play left back, left wing or central midfield, has become a regular for England over the past year and Liverpool has reportedly offered 10 million pounds (?12.75 million; US$19.8 million) for him.

O'Neill acknowledged that Liverpool had bid for the player, but insisted that reports over its nature in the British press were inaccurate.

"Liverpool haven't made a straight cash offer,'' O'Neill said Friday. "They've made an offer involving a mishmash of nameless player exchanges.

"I'm particularly disappointed to hear that business is being conducted in public and I just want to be clear on this. We're trying to build a side here and we're not a feeder club.''

The 27-year-old Barry has been at Villa all his career and has two years left on his contract. He has been a key part of the team this season, which Villa could still finish in fifth place in the Premier League.

"A couple of weeks ago Gareth said he would prefer to wait until the end of the season before we start discussing things and I think that would be the right thing to do,'' O'Neill said. "We've got two important games coming up (while) Liverpool's season might effectively be over as they've qualified for the Champions League and their interest in this season's Champions League ended a couple of nights ago.''
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill