Pool bale out saints. - Liverpool favourites to land gareth bale

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby jkop » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:59 am

A column in the Sunday World have said.......

Liverpool are now front runners to land Southampton star Gareth Bale in the summer.

Bale was also a target for Man United and Arsenal in the January transfer window, but opted to stay put.

But his advisors have told the Saints full back will definifely be leaving this summer.

And Liverpool believe they have the upper hand over their rivals with Malcolm Elias, the man who scouted Bale, as well as Theo Walcott, now installed as director of Recruitment at the clubs academy.

Rafa Benitez now has the cash to splash since the recent takeover of the club and is ready to land one of the hottest teenage talents in the country.

Imo i say if the young land does arrive in the summer then Happy days.  :nod

Your view on this news please......
Last edited by jkop on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:09 pm

Gotta be good news. We should have been in with walcott (he is gonna be a decent player) and from what ive seen from bale hes someone who has got a big and long future ahead of him. Get him in i say, get the precontract talks started before cheatski hear about it and offer him a shed load more than we would.

happy days indeed i reckon
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:11 pm

About Bale as everyone is speaking about him lately I must say I have never seen a young player with so much future as he has got at his age. It was obvious some big clubs will be chasing him sooner or later. I can tell you that the best for his career would be to stay in Southampton as he is only 17 and continue his progression playing every week with the lads and and this summer or next summer perhaps he may think of what to do at the age of 19. He is in the right club to do that progress and follow Ronney or Owen on higher levels. His help would be great to get promotion too. Let's not forget what Theo Walcott or Joseph Mills's brother are experiencing these days after 5 months of first team football... they are frustrated in the stand or bench. Getting experience is so much important for young playersr. The most important thing is not to play 40 games with the first team but 500 and for that the player must listen and learn every single day. I still learn in spite of "my young age" and I am very proud of keeping learning from others.

This is a piece of Idiakez's diary (www.idiakez.com ). Idiakez is a Saints player who is a friend and grew alongside Alonso in RS (1). I think that Idiakez is giving a good advice to the lad there, but I also think that if we can get him, we should.

It would be good news.

Sabre

Younger Alonso and Younger Idiakez. Alonso looked almost a child there

P.S2. I found this piece interesting aswell because as soon as I read it it reminded me of Agger. It was a point I wanted to discuss with Stu when he criticised the lad in another post.

I've seen a lot of players making debuts, getting older, and retiring. I do know when I have a good future CB before my eyes and Daniel Agger is one of them. At this stage of his career all he needs is to add games to his pocket. Carraguer-ish CB can only be forged when you have 200-300 games in your pocket, no less.

I think Daniel Agger has achieved a major success playing as much games as he has played this season. In fact, I took the unpopular decission here of voting him for player of the season in another thread. Because Carraguer being as good as he is is not news, nor Gerrard being a world class player.

I think the best news of this season has been that we have a proper sub for Hyypia and the lad is very promising. Leadership and old-fox tricks will come when he has a certain amount of games in his career. But for that (I know you will read this stu) we need to have patience with him and give him matches, and of course not signing up another CB because we have money now. Agger MUST have minutes. He'll be a great CB, in this club, or in another. But I want him to be a great CB here.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:13 pm

jkop wrote:A column in the Sunday World have said.......

Stopped reading  :no
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:30 pm

tbh i think he is a decent prospect. But i cant help thinking about Planet of the Apes...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:33 pm

red37 wrote:tbh i think he is a decent prospect. But i cant help thinking about Planet of the Apes...

ok, u think hes like a remake that isnt as good? u think hes like helena bonham carter (still would, even as a monkey) or u think hes like a one man show (charton heston) whos just a little bit annoying?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:46 pm

dawson99 wrote:
red37 wrote:tbh i think he is a decent prospect. But i cant help thinking about Planet of the Apes...

ok, u think hes like a remake that isnt as good? u think hes like helena bonham carter (still would, even as a monkey) or u think hes like a one man show (charton heston) whos just a little bit annoying?

hbc..

while we are at it...Micah Richards would do nicely as well. But there's another one who is shouldering the burden of hype. (although respectfully well enough). That stands a poor chance of actually arriving at Anfield. We'll see.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Elchris » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:38 pm

i dont think it will happen...fantastic left foot :p as thou we dont have one....i prefer micah richards
Elchris

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:39 pm

If he's as good as the hype suggests, he would have no problem establishing himself as our 1st-choice leftback.

Let's be honest - Aurelio is always injured, and Riise is to the leftback position what Ted Bundy was to women's rights.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:47 pm

would be a good buy.  He's only 17 and already an international.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:49 pm

bale is a very good prospect i would love to see him here but the sunday world isnt the best resource
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Micah Richard is right footed though so why is everyone talking about him instead of Bale? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:25 am

Paul C wrote:Micah Richard is right footed though so why is everyone talking about him instead of Bale? ???

Because Finnan isn't getting any younger, and we need so many English players by next season (I believe) due to the new European quotas on foreign players.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:26 am

Am surprised no one has jumped on your back accusing you of racism.....  :sleep
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:01 am

Looks very talented player but how much are we talking about?  £10 mil?
puroresu

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill