Fernando torres ! - Buy him

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby roberto green » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:55 pm

roberto green wrote:no seriously tho benetez stated yesterday that  he expects a player in by thursday so at this moment in time the most likely player would be toress.

sorry torres :idea
roberto green

Postby matrix » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:03 am

Torres forces issue over Anfield move...

Fernando Torres is ready to confront his Atletico Madrid bosses in an effort to break the deadlock over his proposed move to Liverpool.

The Spain striker fears he is being priced out of a place in Rafa Benitez's plans, after being made aware of the Liverpool manager's interest, and intends outlining his misgivings to president Enrique Cerezo.

Atletico's £27million asking price is proving a stumbling block, though Liverpool could find a way round it by including Djibril Cisse and Luis Garcia in part exchange.

Cisse's £8m valuation would significantly reduce Liverpool's financial outlay, while moving to La Liga may well appeal to the Anfield misfit after he recently bought a Spanish holiday home in Sitges.

Cerezo confirmed Liverpool were stalling over the price tag on Torres, saying: "We have not had any offers from them for the player."

its very clear torres wants this deal...

hopefully it will happen but it could get ugly...

torres may be forced into putting in a transfer request...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 am

Been having a look at Torres best bits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKSewWtyUQ
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crillylfc » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:26 am

ya rafa also said he was gona spend big this summer!!with a lot of big names.......u really think hes gona get some1 b4 thursday?not happening for me!!
crillylfc

Postby matrix » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:36 am

Scottbot wrote:Been having a look at Torres best bits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKSewWtyUQ

scottbot...

youv'e  got me in the mood...

TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES TORRES

:buttrock
Last edited by matrix on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrards_right_foot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:08 am

obviously the best players play at the top calubs (i.e. champers clubs) and tradionally the only way they move is if a club has an amazing pulling power to disturb players (i.e. real madrids tactics 90's to mid 00's) or wait until their contracts dwindle down and get them on the cheap like real did with mini micheal owen, or they offer simply stupid amounts of money to break contracts that usually include a release clause twice what the player is worth at a stretch. the other option is to take a significent punt on a player with 2 or so good seasons behind him and take your chances. liverpool cannot attract the best players at the best clubs enough for them to stamp their heels enough to get a move, what good strikers are entering their last year or on a free (although saviola does come to mind) so we are either left spending 30plus mil on a proven player or 10 plus mil or a player who has done it for the past few years in a different or inferior league. i think that you can only take the first option (ala united) if youve got the money to be able to sell the player for half of what u payed for him and be able to put it down as a mistake and not a disaster. we are not that lucky! so we are only left at the 10 plus mil punts, and as far as they go in the present market. you are looking at, raul, anelka, defoe etc. torres is one of the few greatish players still at his relativly small club who could be entised to a CL club like liverpool, i really cant think of to many more that i would like liverpool to be linked with, can u?
gerrards_right_foot

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 am

I really think everyones getting carried away, proberly due to the lack of action, so take a deep breath and try and claw back some reality because no news aint a bad thing with this deal it can go on that way until the window closes for all i care, better that than the club shell out a truly world class fee for a player who even playing in his own league looks not much better to me than Craig Bellamy.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:19 am

There is one sentence that pops up more than any other, beating " f*ck off oasis" into second place ive used it my self- " we need a true world class finisher " well Torres aint it not even close. And if we lose Crouch as part of the deal well i recon we'll score less this season than we did last.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmymac » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:02 pm

i'm not one for generally listening to rumours posted by people and such but I have had a rumour put on another board from a lad who is generally very reliable. The kind of bloke that doesnt usually throw conjecture around.

He says that Torres is signed basically. £21.6 million plus 18% of the sell on fee. Announcement by tomorrow evening...

As I say, generally I don't like to throw in rumours like this my mate said :censored: but its unusual for this lad to do it too.......
Jimmymac

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:50 pm

I've said before that I believe Rafa and Parry are going about there business quietly without blowing trumpets about all the players they are interested in!! I wouldn't be surprised if we find 2-3 players announced at once. We may well have spoken about them on this forum but, because our guys have kept it quiet, things have gone quiet on here!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:13 pm

Jimmymac wrote:i'm not one for generally listening to rumours posted by people and such but I have had a rumour put on another board from a lad who is generally very reliable. The kind of bloke that doesnt usually throw conjecture around.

He says that Torres is signed basically. £21.6 million plus 18% of the sell on fee. Announcement by tomorrow evening...

As I say, generally I don't like to throw in rumours like this my mate said :censored: but its unusual for this lad to do it too.......

Whats your source on this?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmymac » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:11 pm

To be fair its a lad I know from another forum, he's a season ticket holder with links to the club, organises a lot of the buses for away games etc.

I know this sounds very much like a my brothers mate knows the cleaner who works at cisse's house and he's been told......

However this guy is like me, can't stand these kind of things being thrown around all over the place so its really out of character for him to suggest this deal is going to happen. His last post on it was that he has an Excellent source and he is willing to put his neck on the line for this one.....

Of course as with any theres still a chance for it not to be true but I know I trust this lads judgement more than most.... we shall just have to see I guess. Just see what happens in the next 24 hours or so :)

Will keep you posted, if he finds out anymore then i'l let you know details.....
Jimmymac

Postby grayghost » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:14 pm

Torres is on holiday how could he sign tomo if that was the case
grayghost

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:16 pm

maybe he's come to Liverpool for his holiday?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:16 pm

grayghost wrote:Torres is on holiday how could he sign tomo if that was the case

I've heard he's not really on holiday
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill