Fernando torres ! - Buy him

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:52 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Lee J wrote:am i being totally fking stoopid here ? surely if the PLAYER wants to leave a club and play for another team then you can shove ya 'release clause'?

Torres: "I want to leave Athletico and play for another team in Europe. I like Liverpool."
Athletico boss: "your not moving because they haven't paid the release clause".
Torres: "But they're willing to pay, just not £27m"
Athletico boss: "well it aint enough so your not leaving".
Torres: "Fine, you can pay my wages for a year but I aint kicking another football for your stinking team, so swivel!" :D

and do you think torres would do that?

I think you missed my point. I used Torres as an example.

I was refering to the fact that if a player wants to move to another club so badly, what effect would it have if the said player refused to kick another ball for that team?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommynax » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:59 pm

:unclesam: if we didnt have such tight fisted owners then torres would be signed and all. sell cisse and give them garcia and 21 million and we would have the world class striker everyone wants as well as attracting more talent to the club
tommynax

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Atletico Madrid have denied reports that they have received an offer from Liverpool for Fernando Torres.

Reports over the last few days have suggested Liverpool were planning a move for the Spanish international.

It had been claimed Liverpool were ready to break their transfer record to sign Torres in a £25million deal.

Torres' future at Atletico is up in the air after another disappointing campaign at the Vicente Calderon last season.

The 23-year-old is believed to be considering moving on for a new challenge, but Atletico president Enrique Cerezo says they have received no offers for the talented forward.

"We've received no offer from Liverpool or any other club or player," said Cerezo.

"There is nothing linking Torres with any team. He's on holidays, he's resting and he'll return to work on July 9."
puroresu

Postby tommynax » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 pm

puroresu wrote:Atletico Madrid have denied reports that they have received an offer from Liverpool for Fernando Torres.

Reports over the last few days have suggested Liverpool were planning a move for the Spanish international.

It had been claimed Liverpool were ready to break their transfer record to sign Torres in a £25million deal.

Torres' future at Atletico is up in the air after another disappointing campaign at the Vicente Calderon last season.

The 23-year-old is believed to be considering moving on for a new challenge, but Atletico president Enrique Cerezo says they have received no offers for the talented forward.

"We've received no offer from Liverpool or any other club or player," said Cerezo.

"There is nothing linking Torres with any team. He's on holidays, he's resting and he'll return to work on July 9."

how true is this was it on the news i mean all the papers around the whole world cant all be wrong
tommynax

Postby grayghost » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:16 pm

If we get Torres we would need 1 more striker with him kuyt just can't score ur create the goals we need. Tevez looks out of the question Rafa does't fancy Owen so i would go for that Milto he seems a good player watched him quite a bit he knows were the back off the net is and it could be possible that the delagation from Liverpool are not only trying to tye up the Torres deal.
grayghost

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:18 pm

tommynax wrote:
puroresu wrote:Atletico Madrid have denied reports that they have received an offer from Liverpool for Fernando Torres.

how true is this was it on the news i mean all the papers around the whole world cant all be wrong

I dont know.  A few weeks ago many papers said Malouda was going to liverpool in a done deal..........  Still waiting.
puroresu

Postby tommynax » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:22 pm

dont think they said it was a done deal. i wont believe any thing until i see torres wearing the pool jersey cause i still cant believe we would pay that money and sign him but i mean every single one of the papers cant be wrong can they?theres no smoke without fire
tommynax

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:22 pm

Fair to say though its been a very quiet start to the summer overall. Only Man Utd have really created a stir.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Atletico Madrid have denied reports that they have received an offer from Liverpool for Fernando Torres.

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:25 pm

tommynax wrote:dont think they said it was a done deal. i wont believe any thing until i see torres wearing the pool jersey cause i still cant believe we would pay that money and sign him but i mean every single one of the papers cant be wrong can they?theres no smoke without fire

I know but like u until the deal is done I dont really believe what papers say.  History shows they have been wrong a lot more times than right.  Every year Viera was bound for Real madrid and then when he did leave it wasnt even to R. Madrid.
puroresu

Postby grayghost » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm

SAME OLD SAME OLD. we wait for ever to make are move and we are to tight to coff up extra money then we miss the first target the second  and the third and we end up with Heskey.
grayghost

Postby tommynax » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:31 pm

puroresu wrote:
tommynax wrote:dont think they said it was a done deal. i wont believe any thing until i see torres wearing the pool jersey cause i still cant believe we would pay that money and sign him but i mean every single one of the papers cant be wrong can they?theres no smoke without fire

I know but like u until the deal is done I dont really believe what papers say.  History shows they have been wrong a lot more times than right.  Every year Viera was bound for Real madrid and then when he did leave it wasnt even to R. Madrid.

yeah defo and i know its :censored: but theres nothing we can do bout it its up to the board to pull out all the stops to get him its the least they could do for us fans a big name signing theyd prob make back a couple of million alone on jersey sales for him
tommynax

Postby crillylfc » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:33 pm

"Liverpool have been told by Atletico Madrid: If you want Fernando Torres, we want Peter Crouch. As well as being £8million apart in their valuations, the clubs want different players to be involved in a player-plus-cash deal. The Reds have offered Luis Garcia but Atletico want Crouch. "daily star"..........IMO..i think we need crouch....hes just one of a kind and alot of defenses cant handle him!!but same goes for torres so im undecided really!!
crillylfc

Postby tommynax » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:39 pm

crillylfc wrote:"Liverpool have been told by Atletico Madrid: If you want Fernando Torres, we want Peter Crouch. As well as being £8million apart in their valuations, the clubs want different players to be involved in a player-plus-cash deal. The Reds have offered Luis Garcia but Atletico want Crouch. "daily star"..........IMO..i think we need crouch....hes just one of a kind and alot of defenses cant handle him!!but same goes for torres so im undecided really!!

id def let crouch go in the deal kuyt can hold the ball up as good as him and lets be honest hes not world class in the air torres is great with his head and both feet world class
tommynax

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:16 pm

Lee J wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Lee J wrote:am i being totally fking stoopid here ? surely if the PLAYER wants to leave a club and play for another team then you can shove ya 'release clause'?

Torres: "I want to leave Athletico and play for another team in Europe. I like Liverpool."
Athletico boss: "your not moving because they haven't paid the release clause".
Torres: "But they're willing to pay, just not £27m"
Athletico boss: "well it aint enough so your not leaving".
Torres: "Fine, you can pay my wages for a year but I aint kicking another football for your stinking team, so swivel!" :D

and do you think torres would do that?

I think you missed my point. I used Torres as an example.

I was refering to the fact that if a player wants to move to another club so badly, what effect would it have if the said player refused to kick another ball for that team?

yeah ur right. but what if one day some big club comes for him while he is playing for liverpool and he does the same to us.
it would certainly taint his reputation if he did tht to a.madrid.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill