Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:53 am

Woollyback wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:He did go to ground an awful lot, not once was it a free kick either. Carvalho was screaming at him on numerous occasions.

the irony appeared to be completely lost on carvalho, the dirtiest cheat in the premiership

Totally agree. Portugal = Diving cheating b@stards.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:29 am

I think that he would be an ok signing for us, however, it fills me with no excitement unlike Bellamy, seems a very hard worker and will go looking for the ball (Rafa would soon smooth out the routh edges)

Kuyt and Bellamy would work well together but Kuyt and Couch ????

Every1 keeps on about his lack of pace but I did not think he was that slow!!!

Not sure he's worth 10 mill and if Naffcastle want to spend 14 mill let them!!

Needs to cut out the cheating though because yesterdays performance was a disgrace!!!
RedWolf35

Postby thegreedo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am

Judging by what I've seen in this World Cup I sincerely hope Mr Kuyt makes his way to barcode central as he looks way short of a Liverpool player to me.
If the Scum do, as is rumoured, sign Torres, with the chav's having shevchenko in the bag, we really must get a top drawer striker on board before the new season. Kuyt, I have to say, is not in the same league as the aforementioned two!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:48 am

I've seen Kuyt 5 or 6 times now and everytime I think "he'll play better this game" and to be honest he never impresses me, I think £10m+ is too expensive.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:18 am

dont buy him. simple as that. not convincing at all. poor, disappointing but if he becomes a redman then I'll support him all the way. Now Torres would of been a good signing.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kewellandthegang » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:20 am

Paul C wrote:I've seen Kuyt 5 or 6 times now and everytime I think "he'll play better this game" and to be honest he never impresses me, I think £10m+ is too expensive.

10 mill is far too dear - we wont buy him imo
kewellandthegang

Postby Mikz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 am

:no Anytime Ive seen him I havent been impressed either. Ian Dowie in disguise. Id say hed be rough and tough and score a fair few goals...but not worth 10 million.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:40 am

To be fair he does put a lot of work in and won a lot of headers but at the end of the day he's a striker and doesn't look like he'd score too many, I'd say £6-7m.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:54 am

I haven't seen him play for his club so it might be unfair, but he doesn't look even half-decent to me.  I can't fault his effort, he certainly gets stuck in and keeps trying, but everything he tries fails.
:(
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:21 am

I am pleased that he didn't have a great world cup. From what I have heard in Holland he is head and shoulders above anything else in that league. Yes the standard is nowhere near that of the Premiership but give the boy a chance!! He is young and with a little work he could make in the premiership I think. :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:27 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I am pleased that he didn't have a great world cup. From what I have heard in Holland he is head and shoulders above anything else in that league. Yes the standard is nowhere near that of the Premiership but give the boy a chance!! He is young and with a little work he could make in the premiership I think. :)

If the fee being talked about was 2 or 3 million I'd probably agree with you, but 10 million?  I just don't see that guy being worth anywhere near that and it's a big risk imo.

It's ok making excuses for him and saying 'he's only young', 'it was the heat affecting his performances' or 'it's the system Holland play'.  Bottom line is he has been playing top flight football in Holland for a number of years now (he's not that inexperienced), the heat is the same for every player on the field and despite the system he was surrounded by quality players in that Dutch team, yet he failed to impress and has so far only looked good in a poor league.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:48 am

john craig wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I am pleased that he didn't have a great world cup. From what I have heard in Holland he is head and shoulders above anything else in that league. Yes the standard is nowhere near that of the Premiership but give the boy a chance!! He is young and with a little work he could make in the premiership I think. :)

If the fee being talked about was 2 or 3 million I'd probably agree with you, but 10 million?  I just don't see that guy being worth anywhere near that and it's a big risk imo.

It's ok making excuses for him and saying 'he's only young', 'it was the heat affecting his performances' or 'it's the system Holland play'.  Bottom line is he has been playing top flight football in Holland for a number of years now (he's not that inexperienced), the heat is the same for every player on the field and despite the system he was surrounded by quality players in that Dutch team, yet he failed to impress and has so far only looked good in a poor league.

True John, but whats interesting is that in the last 10 years most dutch players coming from the dutch league impress and adapt really well in the Premier League, for example RVN, Robben, Boateng (sorry if spelled it wrong and he did really well with Coventry before joining Boro), Robin Van Persie, Jap Stam (with mancs he was very good), etc...

Given that The dutch league isn't much better than the Premier League, I think Kuyt can adapt in the premier league because he has the physical presence needed.

Yes he was falling alot on the floor yesterday becaue he is a dutch  :D

but this will change, i hope, if we get him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:54 am

matrix wrote:£10m Kuyt deal to go ahead

By Al Campbell Tuesday 20th June 2006

Liverpool will have a £10m bid for Dirk Kuyt accepted this summer.

Feyenoord have reluctantly accepted a £10m bid for Dirk Kuyt from the Reds. The transfer will be completed once Holland are out of the World Cup. The Dutch have already qualified for round two so Kuyt's move to Liverpool is at least a week away.

found this online somewhere thought i would paste it...hope its true  ???     the site was lfc online...

Is Dirk Kuyt really good enough to be a success? Kezman scored goals in Holland
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:59 am

clik wrote:
matrix wrote:£10m Kuyt deal to go ahead

By Al Campbell Tuesday 20th June 2006

Liverpool will have a £10m bid for Dirk Kuyt accepted this summer.

Feyenoord have reluctantly accepted a £10m bid for Dirk Kuyt from the Reds. The transfer will be completed once Holland are out of the World Cup. The Dutch have already qualified for round two so Kuyt's move to Liverpool is at least a week away.

found this online somewhere thought i would paste it...hope its true  ???     the site was lfc online...

Is Dirk Kuyt really good enough to be a success? Kezman scored goals in Holland

Kezmen is Serbian  :;):

and not strong  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:20 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:when van persie fired a low cross across the face of goal kuyt slid in for it but missed it, he instantly grabbed his knee as if in absolute agony (if you use michael owens cruciate injury as a barometer kuyt looked like his `you know whats` had been trapped in a vice) but when he noticed the dutch had retained possession he lept up again instantly like a spring chicken.
hmmm.........

open your eyes pls. He grabbed his ankle, and on the replay you can see he got clearly stood on with full studs by the portugese defender. That hurts, and the fact he got up to play on is to his credit.

I can't believe no one here has learned their lesson about judging players on world cups. If we signed him before the tournament everyone would have been over the moon.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill