Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:14 pm

Espionage wrote:I am sick to death of this thread.  Just when I finally get over the fact that hes not coming, something like this happens and gets me all excited again :(
C'MON Rafa, sign him, this guy is class!!!!!!!!!!  :cool:

You are easily excited then Espi??  :p
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:41 pm

After this like 2 month saga wouldnt it be a tw.at if he came here and did a cisse or morientes  :D

Im sure he wont flop here, come on get the deal done, its doin my head in now
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:52 pm

GOAT wrote:After this like 2 month saga wouldnt it be a tw.at if he came here and did a cisse or morientes  :D

Goat, mate, you live in this thread!  :D

I hope that once we do sign him (positive thinking helps :cool:) you'll change your avatar/banner to reflect your commitment to the Alves cause!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:03 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
GOAT wrote:After this like 2 month saga wouldnt it be a tw.at if he came here and did a cisse or morientes  :D

Goat, mate, you live in this thread!  :D

I hope that once we do sign him (positive thinking helps :cool:) you'll change your avatar/banner to reflect your commitment to the Alves cause!  :D

:D  Im sure i will, if he does sign anyway
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby madred » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:09 pm

Only from tribalfootball but i thought i'd post it anyway

Sevilla expect to sell Daniel Alves to Liverpool this week.
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez's persistence is expected to see a deal struck for the Brazilian in the coming days. The Premiership giants have offered £7 million, while Sevilla are holding out for £12 million.

While haggling over fees, Benitez has spent the last three weeks in contact with Alves' representatives, assuring them of his admiration of the player and his confidence in closing a deal.

Benitez has informed Alves he sees his future as an out-and-out right winger, rather than a fullback.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:25 pm

madred wrote:Only from tribalfootball but i thought i'd post it anyway

Sevilla expect to sell Daniel Alves to Liverpool this week.
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez's persistence is expected to see a deal struck for the Brazilian in the coming days. The Premiership giants have offered £7 million, while Sevilla are holding out for £12 million.

While haggling over fees, Benitez has spent the last three weeks in contact with Alves' representatives, assuring them of his admiration of the player and his confidence in closing a deal.

Benitez has informed Alves he sees his future as an out-and-out right winger, rather than a fullback.

How can we be close to signing him if the clubs are still miles away in their evaluations?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:40 am

madred wrote:Benitez has informed Alves he sees his future as an out-and-out right winger, rather than a fullback.

A winger that can defend.. I can't wait. If we get him he will be excellent for us.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:30 am

Hes not gonna come :(
Smeg

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:59 am

I honestly don't know who/what to believe on this now. One person saying he is coming, the other saying the deal is dead and we expect to sign Pennant v.soon. Hopefully this week will answer a few questions and put our mind to rest.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:03 pm

Alves could sign for Liverpool this week - Spanish report 

The following is a report that has been translated into English from Spanish by one of our translators. The original source is AS.

--

ALVES COULD MOVE TO LIVERPOOL THIS WEEK - 23/07/06

This week could finally be the one that marks the definitive destination of Daniel Alves. The gap between Liverpool's offer (13m euros with 2m dependent on clauses) and Sevilla's 18m euros asking price could be overcome this week after the insistence of the Reds manager to secure the Brazilian.

During the last three weeks of apparent standstill in the negotiations, Liverpool's Madrid-born coach has been in regular contact with several people close to the player. He is keen to confirm the player's excellent reputation off the pitch (as he is sure of his on-pitch talents). The reports have all hailed his faultless teamwork.

Benitez values Alvés' relaxed temprament, his professional attitude both on and off the pitch, his family-orientated social life and good discipline. Another factor in his favour which attracts Benitez is his youth. At Liverpool, they are building a youthful side (players such as Sissoko) so they can improve together over a number of years.

The main stumbling block to the transfer has been Liverpool's lack of funds. Liverpool do not have the resources of Abramovich's Chelsea and to complete the signing, required funds from the sale of Cissé. His injury at the World Cup [sic] stalled the Alves negotiations, although he has now signed for Marseille for an estimated 15m euros.

There's no advertising in the KopTalk Gold Club!
With this sum, the Anfield club are prepared to launch a final offensive to secure the Brazilian with a Spanish passport. It must be noted that Joaquin does not feature in Liverpool's plans. Although he is an admirer of the player, he does not believe he can fit into Benitez's way of playing. It is true he interested Benitez and he inquired at Betis about his asking price although he has not made an offer for his services.

As things stand, this week could decide Alves' future. Bought for just 1m euros in 2002 by Sevilla, they could now be ready to cash in on a sensational deal.

Rafa Benitez sees Alves as a winger
Benitez is certain: he wants Alves to play as a right-winger, a more offensive role than his current one at Sevilla. The coach is undoubtedly a big admirer of the Brazilian, particularly his accurate delivery and his willingness to shoot from long-range when the opportunity arises. This ability has led to several, often spectacular, goals from long-range...

--

Hope this reads OK - still hungover!!!

Anyway, a few points to note:

1) Obvious errors in journalism: Cissé wasn't injured in World Cup and NO WAY we'll get 15m euros for Djibs!

2) Spot on re. Joaquin - defo not suited to Prem, way too expensive and he'd prefer to stay in Spain. Could move to Real if they fail to land Kakà?

EXCLUSIVE LFC TRANSFER NEWS AND WHISPERS FROM INSIDE ANFIELD, MELWOOD AND THE ACADEMY >>

that report that we have only tabled 7 million...is way of the mark...its 15% short of there valuation...  i said a big signing will come soon    WATCH THIS SPACE...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:03 am

Matrix

Hope the hangover is better mate. Thanks for the update on the situation with Alves. I just hope that we put this to bed one way or another this week.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:05 am

This is f*cking ridiculous.

Sevilla - stop being b*stards and let the lad do what he's said he wants to do. If you're THAT desperate for money - sell your bodies to Judge - he likes tight-a*ses.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:16 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Matrix

Hope the hangover is better mate. Thanks for the update on the situation with Alves. I just hope that we put this to bed one way or another this week.

hacksaw,  the hangover is fine mate  :D

well...  if the reports are true coming out of birmingham

yes mate this will finally be put to bed    :upside:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:09 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:This is f*cking ridiculous.

Sevilla - stop being b*stards and let the lad do what he's said he wants to do. If you're THAT desperate for money - sell your bodies to Judge - he likes tight-a*ses.

:D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:28 pm

matrix wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Matrix

hacksaw,  the hangover is fine mate  :D

well...  if the reports are true coming out of birmingham

yes mate this will finally be put to bed    :upside:

I am nursing one today (a hangover that is) having gone out last night to celebrate us signing Pennant  ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill