Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby tommycockles » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:47 pm

as much as i understand your views- you've got to give the guy some credit for not screwing his team over like the Ronaldo's of this world. At least it gives us confidence that he won't come to us, play well and then go on strike to force a move to Barca or wherever.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:36 pm

tommycockles wrote:as much as i understand your views- you've got to give the guy some credit for not screwing his team over like the Ronaldo's of this world. At least it gives us confidence that he won't come to us, play well and then go on strike to force a move to Barca or wherever.

Exactly. He's got respect for his club, isnt that a good thing you angry moaning people...
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:53 pm

GOAT wrote:
tommycockles wrote:as much as i understand your views- you've got to give the guy some credit for not screwing his team over like the Ronaldo's of this world. At least it gives us confidence that he won't come to us, play well and then go on strike to force a move to Barca or wherever.

Exactly. He's got respect for his club, isnt that a good thing you angry moaning people...

Look Goat, as I said above it is commendable the loyalty he's shown to the club.  But once again I have to reiterate - that is absolutely no good for us.

Maybe you have a short memory and don't remember us waiting ages for Figo and Owen last summer.  And what happened?  It was Liverpool who got screwed over in the end in both cases.  Football isn't always fair and 99% of the time not all parties are going to be entirely happy with a player being transferred - whether it be the selling club, their fans, the player himself or even the buying club's fans.  Do you think the Madrid fans were feeling sorry for us and questioning Owen's loyalty to us when he left for half his value? 

Don't think I don't see both sides of the argument here, but I am going to be selfish here and say I'd much rather Sevilla got screwed over here than us, because if we wait too long for this guy then as we found last summer it gets increasingly harder to get clubs to sell players as the transfer window drags on - as it is harder for those clubs to replace the players.  We can't afford to go another season without bringing in reinforcements for the right side, simple as that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:40 pm

john craig wrote:
GOAT wrote:

Look Goat, as I said above it is commendable the loyalty he's shown to the club.  But once again I have to reiterate - that is absolutely no good for us.

Maybe you have a short memory and don't remember us waiting ages for Figo and Owen last summer.  And what happened?  It was Liverpool who got screwed over in the end in both cases.  Football isn't always fair and 99% of the time not all parties are going to be entirely happy with a player being transferred - whether it be the selling club, their fans, the player himself or even the buying club's fans.  Do you think the Madrid fans were feeling sorry for us and questioning Owen's loyalty to us when he left for half his value? 

Don't think I don't see both sides of the argument here, but I am going to be selfish here and say I'd much rather Sevilla got screwed over here than us, because if we wait too long for this guy then as we found last summer it gets increasingly harder to get clubs to sell players as the transfer window drags on - as it is harder for those clubs to replace the players.  We can't afford to go another season without bringing in reinforcements for the right side, simple as that.

Yeah i would much rather sevilla got screwed over and we got the player but im not furious at the player for not handing in a transfer request and demanding to leave
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:20 pm

GOAT wrote:
john craig wrote:
GOAT wrote:

Yeah i would much rather sevilla got screwed over and we got the player but im not furious at the player for not handing in a transfer request and demanding to leave

Fair enough mate.  I'm not furious either, but I do find it frustrating that everyone seems to be doing their best to make this deal happen - Liverpool, Benitez and Alves' agent - yet Alves has not yet even come out with any sort of statement on the proposed transfer, instead deciding to hide behind his agent and hope Liverpool are stupid enough to cough up a few extra million, rather than asking for a transfer which I'm sure would make all the difference in this case.  It is his apparent lack of enthusiasm about the move that is giving Sevilla such bargaining power.  Well I'll bet that Benitez doesn't cough up the extra money, pulls the plug on the deal before long and then the penny will finally drop for Alves that he's cacked up his chance of a big move.
Last edited by JC_81 on Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:19 pm

gotta put yourself in the lads shoes though, if u request to leave the club, u might be leavin on bad terms.. hundreds of thousands of fans hatin you i don't think ide wanna risk it when theres the slightest possibility it could sort itself out
Lee2k6

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:24 am

The papers this morning state that Rafa is expected to tie up the deal for Alves this week. Think it was the daily mirror. With us having offloaded a few players Rafa is to make the move again. Watch Sevilla up the price again..... :veryangry
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:42 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:The papers this morning state that Rafa is expected to tie up the deal for Alves this week. Think it was the daily mirror. With us having offloaded a few players Rafa is to make the move again. Watch Sevilla up the price again..... :veryangry

its here HSJ.

RAFA PLAYS IT COOL
By David Maddock

RAFA BENITEZ is confident he will wrap up a deal to bring Brazilian star Daniel Alves to Liverpool.

Sources in Seville have been saying this week that the proposed transfer of the right-sided player is off because Liverpool will not stump up the £12million asking price.

But Anfield chief Benitez says the Spanish club's stance is merely a negotiating tactic and is adamant that his friendship with the Seville president will see the deal go through.
The Liverpool manager has told friends that "however long it takes I will get him."

But Benitez is losing his fight to land Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt because he is struggling to raise the £10million required to bring him to Merseyside.

Instead Benitez has indicated that he will wait for the fall-out from Italy's match-fixing scandal to see if he can snap up a bargain.

Benitez is interested in Juve's David Trezeguet, Mauro Camoranesi and Gianluca Zambrotta, as well as AC Milan striker Alberto Gilardino.

lets hope he gets his man then. there must be something to this as its not gone away for months.. just sevilla obviously trying to get the best fee has dragged it on. lets face it you cant blame 'em...on the other hand it could all go tits up, like figo and owen. fingers crossed though, rafa sounds happy enough.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:31 am

Guillem Balague has just said on the five live rumour mill that he would expect us to seal the signing of Alves at some point
red_indian

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:54 am

GOAT wrote:
john craig wrote:
GOAT wrote:

Agreed goat.... much better he conducts himself in a manner as professional as he has.... It bodes well for us should he ever sign for LFC.

As to us getting screwed over, Rafa'll have to make the decision...

"Is Alves worth the wait or will he play Stevie out on the right again this season..."

I've all the respect in the world for rafa but I really wished the he either reel in Alves with the additional 2 million or cut bait and let him swim away. Either way, i'd be happy
(be happier if we got him  . :D ).....

The way this endless saga has been going on...... the suspence is killing me mate!!!
ConnO'var

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:59 am

Benitez has flown out to Spain today to try and conclude the deal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:04 pm

according to welsh wizard he will be coming back with Torres, Beckham, Alves & Villa plus investment of 500 million from the spanish government
RedWolf35

Postby neil » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:14 pm

Euros or pound sterling?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:34 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:according to welsh wizard he will be coming back with Torres, Beckham, Alves & Villa plus investment of 500 million from the spanish government

lmao, no I think it was 600 million in investment  :D

St Mike: where did you hear about Rafa going to conclude the deal?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:49 pm

Paul C wrote:
RedWolf35 wrote:according to welsh wizard he will be coming back with Torres, Beckham, Alves & Villa plus investment of 500 million from the spanish government

lmao, no I think it was 600 million in investment  :D

St Mike: where did you hear about Rafa going to conclude the deal?  ???

Its been in the echo and on a few liverpool websites that rafas gone to spain to try and get the alves deal done.

I reckon he might sign alves and get trezeguet on loan. If we can get trezeguet on loan that should leave some extra money to finally sign alves.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill