Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:00 pm

My mate mentioned to me that the deal to bring Alves to Liverpool FC will be sorted by the of next week.  Not sure where he got the info from but if true then all I can say is At Flipping Last.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby leeverpool » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:50 pm

prem is best but la liga most respected.ask henry.how he has'nt won world player of the year once this last 5 years is a disgrace.if he played for real or barca he would of.sadly prem is overlooked every year despite all the talent.
leeverpool

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:37 pm

leeverpool wrote:prem is best but la liga most respected.ask henry.how he has'nt won world player of the year once this last 5 years is a disgrace.if he played for real or barca he would of.sadly prem is overlooked every year despite all the talent.

So many fantatsic players around over the past few years, if it wasnt for the emergence of ronaldinho he probably would have won it in the last couple of years, he does deserve it
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby leeverpool » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:48 pm

he is magic.only henry,ronaldinho and stevie g can cross the white line and look head and shoulders above the rest on a consistent basis.world player of the year should be based on how u  inspire fans and fellow pros,not what team or league u play for.
leeverpool

Postby matrix » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:31 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:My mate mentioned to me that the deal to bring Alves to Liverpool FC will be sorted by the of next week.  Not sure where he got the info from but if true then all I can say is At Flipping Last.

IF YOUR MATE IS RIGHT ILL CUT MY PENUS OFF    :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:19 pm

matrix wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:My mate mentioned to me that the deal to bring Alves to Liverpool FC will be sorted by the of next week.  Not sure where he got the info from but if true then all I can say is At Flipping Last.

Kash

The Alves deal was SUPPOSED to be a done deal over 2 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong here mate as I would love to see us wrap up this deal ASAP. The longer it goes on the less convinced I am.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:35 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
matrix wrote:

Kash

The Alves deal was SUPPOSED to be a done deal over 2 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong here mate as I would love to see us wrap up this deal ASAP. The longer it goes on the less convinced I am.

I honestly don't think we'll get Alves cos Seville are being so stubern about the fee, unless he states he wants to leave the transfer won't happen in my opinion.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 pm

Huge shame if it doesnt happen, still we can raid the Italian clubs for a striker and RW if they go down
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby matrix » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:12 am

Benítez bags one Brazilian but Alves remains elusive

Dominic Fifield
Thursday July 13, 2006
The Guardian

Liverpool have deflected interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona to secure the free-transfer signing of the Brazil full-back Fabio Aurelio from Valencia, although their attempts to add his compatriot Daniel Alves to their squad for the new season continue to flounder.
Aurelio was paraded as a Liverpool player yesterday alongside the young Argentinian centre-half Gabriel Paletta, who has joined from Banfield, with the former Valencia defender now intent on completing a hat-trick of league titles in different countries. Yet Rafael Benítez is growing frustrated with the delay in securing Alves from Sevilla with the clubs no nearer reaching a compromise over the fee required to lure him to Merseyside.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Alves has reiterated his desire to move to Anfield - "When you have the opportunity to improve, you don't think twice and there is still a possibility there," he said - Benítez is actively pursuing alternative options in the hope that Sevilla will drop their £12m valuation of the right-back. "We have a few names on our list, and Alves is one of those names, but we're no nearer yet," said the Liverpool manager.
Aurelio, who won two domestic titles with Sao Paulo before spending three years at Valencia under Benítez, is the first Brazilian to sign for Liverpool but he welcomed the idea of Alves joining him should a deal still be thrashed out. "I've seen Daniel play in Spain and he's a fast, attack-minded full-back and he would be a great addition to the Liverpool squad," said the 26-year-old, who is expected to break back into the Brazil squad following the retirement of Roberto Carlos. "It would be a huge positive for Liverpool if he were to come here too."

He added: "I've spent six years in Spain and I'm not coming directly from South America into a European league, and that should stand me in good stead for life in the Premiership, and allow me to be successful. The main objective is to win the Premiership. Liverpool have won the European Cup and the FA Cup in recent seasons, but the league championship has to be our main ambition. It's probably going to be the most difficult trophy to win, too, but if you look at our squad, we're all working hard towards achieving it. I won the league with Valencia and previously with Sao Paulo. Now I'm desperate to add the Premiership title."

Benítez said: "We knew that maybe Real Madrid, maybe Barcelona, had Brazilian left-backs who were ageing and they were thinking about changing them and might have Fabio in mind. Signing him is quite a coup. There were some Spanish clubs who were interested in signing him, but you will see the quality of the player. He has a lot of quality: with the ball, crossing, shooting, free-kicks, he's fantastic, but he's also a good worker. He could play for Brazil now. I know that South American players do not often come to England, but I know the Spanish market which is full of South Americans. Paletta is very impressive and with Argentinians, if they are good, they are very good. They have the quality that we need."

Benítez has also signed the Wales striker Craig Bellamy from Blackburn Rovers and has received a work permit to play the Chilean winger Mark González. Should he be forced to drop his interest in Alves he will attempt to sign the forward Dirk Kuyt from Feyenoord, with Ajax's Hatem Trabelsi another option to strengthen the right side of his team.

Other players may be sold to bolster the funds at his disposal, with Djimi Traoré available, Dietmar Hamann released to Manchester City, Chris Kirkland at Wigan for an initial six months with a view to a long-term deal and Djibril Cissé now on loan at Marseille. "The best solution for Djibril was to go to Marseille and play every week," added Benítez. "Marseille showed a lot of interest, so this should be in the best interests of all parties."

the saga goes on...rafa is still keen to bring alves to liverpool...once we finish off-loading our players...it will free up more cash to have one final push for alves...i think the deal will still go through as long as know team meets sevilla,s 12 million asking price...cant see anyone offering that, sevilla have allready bought a replacement for alves...so were still in a good position here, the deal should happen in the end, they say they dont want to sell alves !!! not true...they wouldn,t have opened up talks if that was the case...they want 12 million for him, once they realise nobody will match that joke of a sum, a deal will be struck finally somewhere in the region of 10 million.....WATCH THIS SPACE.....

??? ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:11 am

Sevilla's Alves: Liverpool rumours doin' me head in!
tribalfooball.com - July 12, 2006

Sevilla fullback Daniel Alves admits he's sweating on Liverpool making a new offer for him.
Talks have stalled over Sevilla's £12 million valuation and the Brazilian said: "When you get the chance to improve yourself, you don't think twice.

"The rumours are doing my head in, for now I am a Sevilla player.

"I must consider the Reds. I won't close any doors. I've always said that if an offer arrives I will study it closely."

I've always said that if an offer arrives I will study it closely."
ALVES TIME TO TELL SEVILLA HERE IS MY TRANSFER REQUEST     :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:45 am

From the Mirror:

ALVES READY TO SNUB KOP

LIVERPOOL have received a blow in their ongoing battle for Daniel Alves after the defender revealed he would be happy to stay at Sevilla.

The Brazilian, 23, has been a long-term target for Reds boss Rafael Benitez and he thought he was close to clinching a deal after Sevilla reluctantly agreed to sell.

However, Liverpool have not been prepared to match their £12m valuation and Alves now says he is content to remain in Spain if a move to Anfield does not materialise.

"The situation does not worry me," he said. "The only thing I am interested in is staying fit and being available for Sevilla.

"If in the end I don't move to England it would not be a burden because Sevilla are a good team and they are get ting better.

"I am calm and I am doing my work. I still have not spoken to the Sevilla president. He knows what he has to do for the good of everyone and I guess I will meet with him before pre-season."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:13 am

He is playing the game here :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:44 pm

We should just bin this spineless muppet off, he may be a good player but if he wanted to play for the mighty reds he would have voiced his opinion by now!!! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:58 pm

Paul C wrote:We should just bin this spineless muppet off, he may be a good player but if he wanted to play for the mighty reds he would have voiced his opinion by now!!! :angry:

With you 100% on that Paul.  I said days ago if he wanted to really put pressure on Sevilla to sell him he could have by handing in a transfer request or at least making some sort of plea to their owner that he wanted to go.  I think it's time we looked elsewhere, we've spent enough time already on this one.

If he's content to stay at Sevilla then let him, he's obviously not got the type of ambition we're looking for in a player.  His loyalty to Sevilla may be commendable, but at the end of the day that's no good to us.  He's got the best manager in the world and the greatest club in the world chasing after him, yet he's not bothered if the deal happens?  Feck off then Alves, you had your chance.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:22 pm

I agree entirely. He seems to be a pretty weak character!

DO ONE DANIEL
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill