Daniel alves to red men? - £8million bid on table.

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 pm

davo_LFC wrote:
Paul C wrote:
RedWolf35 wrote:according to welsh wizard he will be coming back with Torres, Beckham, Alves & Villa plus investment of 500 million from the spanish government

lmao, no I think it was 600 million in investment  :D

St Mike: where did you hear about Rafa going to conclude the deal?  ???

Its been in the echo and on a few liverpool websites that rafas gone to spain to try and get the alves deal done.

I reckon he might sign alves and get trezeguet on loan. If we can get trezeguet on loan that should leave some extra money to finally sign alves.

Yeah noticed it on icliverpool.co.uk earlier  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:42 pm

Great news, hopefully we can finally tie this deal up then snap up trezeguet, then we are ready!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:12 pm

I can't see us going for Alves and Kuyt as that would be £20m+. I think Alves + Trezeguet on loan is more realistic!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:19 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I can't see us going for Alves and Kuyt as that would be £20m+. I think Alves + Trezeguet on loan is more realistic!!

If you have a look at the Kuyt thread you will see that teamtalk.com say we'll be signing Kuyt in the next 48 hours for £10.3m.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:54 pm

Paul C wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I can't see us going for Alves and Kuyt as that would be £20m+. I think Alves + Trezeguet on loan is more realistic!!

If you have a look at the Kuyt thread you will see that teamtalk.com say we'll be signing Kuyt in the next 48 hours for £10.3m.

just a load of sh.ite as usual, trezeguet on loan and alves for me still
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:My mate mentioned to me that the deal to bring Alves to Liverpool FC will be sorted by the of next week.  Not sure where he got the info from but if true then all I can say is At Flipping Last.

Had a very quick chat to my mate today, he still maintains that Alves is coming to Liverpool FC.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby matrix » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Reds close in on Alves    Mon, Jul 17 2006 12:56
Reds boss Rafa Benitez is reported to be in Spain trying to hammer out a deal for long-term target Daniel Alves of Sevilla. 
Benitez apparently jetted to his homeland immediately after the end of the pre-season clash with Wrexham on Saturday, with Anfield chief executive Rick Parry telling the Liverpool Echo: "We are happy with who we have brought in but we haven't finished yet."
we are hoping sevilla drop there valuation for the player said a club source

reports say rafa was given the go ahead to speak to alves  by the sevilla president...god knows where we are on this deal  but i really hope we land alves...

???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:17 pm

I've never seem the lad play, is he really worth the chasing Rafa is doing? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:41 pm

Paul C wrote:I've never seem the lad play, is he really worth the chasing Rafa is doing? ???

Must be..
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:54 pm

Paul C wrote:I've never seem the lad play, is he really worth the chasing Rafa is doing? ???

yeh he is very exciting prospect.

He is only 22 so he will improve.

He has very good pace and delivers good crosses.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 pm

paul, goat,   the fact that alves can play on the wing as well as right back  is the main reason rafa is chasing this guy...didnt you guys see him running boro ragged in the uefa cup final...still a we bit to go to tie this deal up...but rafa gets on well with the sevilla president and im hoping this will see the deal through...tbh  i cant see a bid of less than 10 million diamonds even being looked at by sevilla.  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:19 pm

matrix wrote:paul, goat,   the fact that alves can play on the wing as well as right back  is the main reason rafa is chasing this guy...didnt you guys see him running boro ragged in the uefa cup final...still a we bit to go to tie this deal up...but rafa gets on well with the sevilla president and im hoping this will see the deal through...tbh  i cant see a bid of less than 10 million diamonds even being looked at by sevilla.  ???

?? Yeah i know that he can play on the wing  :D And yeah i think we will get the deal done
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:14 pm

....between the lines i can sense an air of resignation here. lets hope so. id rather (lash?) out the 10+mill on alves and have right-mid covered, than chase 'kuyts in the breeze' (pun intended). it also appears kromkamp is the key to the whole saga. ie bait in the feyenoord proposal. well like i say, id rather manage with the 3 strikers we do have (until january at least) when there would then be funds available from the cisse deal ( or so we'd imagine), unless they already have paid up top.... in which case why the drama? or, acquire trezeguet on loan. and still land the sevilla player.

anyway get alves, use the 3 forwards, with( stevie,kewell,garcia,gonzalez etc) supporting. and if we are that strapped, wait til january for an addition.

Sevilla boss Juande Ramos has admitted that Daniel Alves could still leave the club.

Ramos has been speaking to praise the attitude of the Liverpool target and although he has reiterated that he would prefer to keep him, he admits the player could still be snapped up.

"He's a player whose biggest asset is his mentality," said Ramos.

"He works the same regardless of if it's a training session, friendly game or competitive match.

"He gives 100% to hold down a place in the side because now he has competition and if he leaves, he can arrive there in the best possible shape. He's a top professional.

"If he leaves, we have Hinkel to take over and decide if we can perhaps bring someone else in, although we have some promising youngsters.

"If he stays, he can share the role with Hinkel or play in the same side thanks to Hinkel's versatility."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:14 pm

red37

I would agree with you on that. The Seville boss talking out suggests that Alves will leave!! Come on Rafa get it wrapped up ASAP and get this long standing saga to bed once and for all!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Espionage » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:24 pm

I am sick to death of this thread.  Just when I finally get over the fact that hes not coming, something like this happens and gets me all excited again :(
C'MON Rafa, sign him, this guy is class!!!!!!!!!!  :cool:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill