Camacho quit over owen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:18 am

what's so bad in having him back?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:03 am

It's barely turned midnight here in Los Angeles and so I had to reply and give my two cents before I hit the sack.

I think that chemistry is so vitally important. Without real team chemistry, a teamful of galacticos could be a really sorry excuse for a team.

Seeing how Owen ditched his team, I think that having him back in the clubhouse with unresolved tensions or with the whole team having moved on could disrupt the all so important chemistry.

Cisse you said, "we all forgave Gerrard he was practicly a chelsea player", but temptation itself is not a sin. It is when you partake of the fruit. You don't need another one of my analogies to realize that Owen did us wrong and tossed us aside for personal ambition.

Gerrard didn't.

I am all for him coming back if the team chemistry gets a boost from his return. But if it is just a return of an ego, it isn't worth it. :p
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby Live4pool » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:01 am

Owen left for "footballing" reasons. It may be a bag of balls but it is still more credible than Rooney's "sacrifice" to save Goodison Park from going bust.

Owen must be feeling pretty blessed that Raul and Ronaldo are firing blanks. Real Madrid's season has ended even before it began. A change of Presidency might see Owen heading out - although he is the cheapest "Galatico" on their books. I rather see him back at Pool than at Chelsea or ManU.

I fear that with his style of play, Owen by then, at 25 or 26, would already be burnt out - just like our great Rushie and Macca, sic!
Live4pool

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:11 am

Owen went for a measly fee of 8 mill he went abroad he didnt go to a team who we are going to be playing twice maybe 3 times a season in the EPL. He didnt do a bossman like worzel.
He gave us what 7 years of goals won us a few cups single handedly what did Rooney give everton sweet FA one lousy season then p#ssed off to the mancs 30 mill.
Gerrard we basically many of us was never likely to see him in the red shirt again after the euros if it wernt for Raffa.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Live4pool » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:17 am

stmichael wrote:
cheesecake wrote:I must also add, LFC management may have to wear a little blame for the way the entire Owen fiasco eventuated.

yeah the fact of the matter is they said after the mcmanaman fiasco that they "wouldn't let another player get into the last year of his contract" again. so much for that promise. i can't remember the last payer we sold for a profit who didn't come through the youth system. :angry:

[quote]

Now we know why Houllier has to go. His football tactics and his administrative skills were equally suspect.
Live4pool

Postby Live4pool » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:22 am

Live4pool wrote:
stmichael wrote:
cheesecake wrote:I must also add, LFC management may have to wear a little blame for the way the entire Owen fiasco eventuated.

yeah the fact of the matter is they said after the mcmanaman fiasco that they "wouldn't let another player get into the last year of his contract" again. so much for that promise. i can't remember the last payer we sold for a profit who didn't come through the youth system. :angry:

Now we know why Houllier has to go. His football tactics and his administrative skills were equally suspect.

[quote]

Prof Wenger is indeed the master deal maker in the EPL.
Hope that Benitez achieves similar status as it would mean a real revival of the Great Lark, unlike the false prophesy of 2001.
Live4pool

Postby cheesecake » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:43 pm

policy wrote:temptation itself is not a sin. It is when you partake of the fruit.

Nuff Sed. Enjoy the apple MO.
cheesecake

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:01 pm

It breaks my heart to see him on the bench, he is one of our own.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:27 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:It breaks my heart to see him on the bench, he is one of our own.

it was always gonna happen if you think about it, Owen is never gonna get in the lineup ahead of Raul and Ronaldo, anyway he is not our problem anymore so try not cry about it to much  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion