Camacho quit over owen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:32 am

Yep get him back, its not right and he will soon realise it. He pretty much said he hopes to play for us again some day. Well some day is now, mistakes were made and he should be here as part of the Rafaloution. I think he will find out that its not a bed of roses over there, will miss the admiration of the Anfield crowd. Its a mistake he made so we shouldnt punish him and if the opputunity arises I for one would love to see him back.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecake » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:37 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with those voices who want MO back. 8M for a player of his calibre is an absolute farce. To say he didnt have this manouvre planned at least 18 months before cutting and running would be folly. He cost LFC, and cost us good. On the other hand, I am unable to understand why Wayne Rooney is copping such a hiding from Everton supporters. He fetched a kings ransom for his tranfer and probably single handedly rescued his former club from certain bankruptcy, which is more than I could say for our little former turncoat.
I must also add, LFC management may have to wear a little blame for the way the entire Owen fiasco eventuated. Perhaps they couldve waited a few more weeks before ultimately forcing him to sign a contract. P.iss poor show lads!
cheesecake

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:39 pm

Rush came back.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:39 pm

cheesecake wrote:I must also add, LFC management may have to wear a little blame for the way the entire Owen fiasco eventuated.

yeah the fact of the matter is they said after the mcmanaman fiasco that they "wouldn't let another player get into the last year of his contract" again. so much for that promise. i can't remember the last player we sold for a profit who didn't come through the youth system. :angry:
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:41 pm

Is eventuated a word?
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:43 pm

mynameisred wrote:Is eventuated a word?

it is now :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:50 pm

Who would have thought it would have eventuated out that way.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:56 pm

i can understand why carlos is gettin some much critisim from raul madrid fans raul hasn't scored for madrid if my memories serves me right 9 months until now but he get cheers why carlos get booed.i no he supported the club as a boy but raul needs to be dropped cus he cnt score the ****** these dayz just like veiri but why is it raul and shearer get dropped the manger is sacked or resigned ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:13 pm

i really dont want owen back, he's not as goos as every1 makes out
clint

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:16 pm

clint wrote:i really dont want owen back, he's not as goos as every1 makes out

too true m8 everyone is making out we will struggle cus micheal owen is gonna sorry but i dnt buy that ****** we have good replacemenats in baros and cisse and although they have only played one full game together their partnership will take time like any other good partnership.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:58 am

If he comes back to us from a very bad experience at Real, hopefully it would serve as a humbling experience and make him appreciate Liverpool FC more.

If he doesn't come back to us, I won't lose any sleep.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:37 am

well said azriahmad ... gotta agree with ya
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:46 am

I thought Chiggz wasn't going to post anymore. :blues:
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby policy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:55 am

Cissegirl, could you link the source of your info?

I just don't trust 70% of what is written on the web.

For example, "Gerrard: I'll be fit in two months". Just because he says he wants to return in two months doesn't mean that it will be physically possible. It doesn't give me any assurance.

Also, is it possible for Owen to come back without it costing us? Someone with actual details please post some info please.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:09 am

I just think we would have had the best strike force in prem with Cisse and Owen watching them friendlies in USA where Cisse and Owen where banging them in for fun. It could have happened well never mind he's gone.
And lets face it we all forgave Gerrard he was practicly a chelsea player.
Id have owen back tomorrow cause we need goals from somewhere. :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion