Owen may quit madrid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:55 am

Greenred,
           Horsechite, Owen is right up there with the best !! He kept our name in the headlines during a period when we had little else to be proud of !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:56 am

Be careful. Be very careful. This nonsense talk about legend is utter cr@p. You pizz on the TRUE legends of our club when you talk like that.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:59 am

Sorry Banana, your off beam aswell.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:42 am

RED BEERGOGGLES

Agree with all of that and more!

Redrider

In FFS parlance I think the phrase yer lookin for is "yer talkin sh*te".
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:43 am

:D My mate is Biffa and Storm (not Redrider)
I originally joined May 2003 but Kindafused isn't allowed to post.
I used to live in Liverpool but left when Higsons closed down.
:laugh:  :D  :laugh: BIFFA
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:54 am

Redrider wrote:Greenred,
           Horsechite, Owen is right up there with the best !! He kept our name in the headlines during a period when we had little else to be proud of !!

statistics show LFC lost more games with owen playing than without.
106-1093504160

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:26 am

The thing that pisses me about owen is that apparant double standards. While he was here, kept bitching about champions league, defensive football. Now when he is a 4th choice striker at real madrid, he vows to fight for his place.  ???

Is being a sub at real better than being a 1st choice here..... I know what i would have chosen....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:31 am

I predicted Michael Owen would do well at Real. With Raul in awful form, Morientes returning from a loan spell in which he scored against Real in the CL, Ronaldo prone to injury, he had a good chance of getting regular first team football. That hasn't happened.

And Michael needs that to perform. We have all watched him on return from injury looking sluggish and missing chances. Then suddenly he starts to score, his confidence comes back and we all wonder why we were doubting him. But he needs to be playing regularly to do that.

He has also been unlucky. The then manager Jose Camacho dropped Raul, the main galactico, to play Owen. He didn't score, and Camacho resigned after a player revolt. The Real fans see him as contributory to their awful start to the season. Also Raul has scored twice after a massive drought. Whilst Ronaldo and him are fit Michael has no chance.

If 2 of their first 3 strikers got injured, then Michael may still suceed there, but thats unlikely to happen.

Legend or not, he was our top striker for the past six years. He was instrumental in any success we have had in that time, and as such deserves respect from all Liverpool supporters. I felt let down by the manner in which he left, so close to the close of the transfer window, and for so little money, but I still hope he does well.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:11 am

fivecups wrote:Legend or not, he was our top striker for the past six years. He was instrumental in any success we have had in that time, and as such deserves respect from all Liverpool supporters. I felt let down by the manner in which he left, so close to the close of the transfer window, and for so little money, but I still hope he does well.

Well said.

Liverpool fans have always been better than that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:58 am

LFC have the best type of supporters in the land bar none....hurrah :D
106-1093504160

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion